Reviews for My home is gone, but I'll help get yours back if I can
Gladoo89 chapter 7 . 3/29/2013
Alicia did great in the battle with the Wargs and Orcs! :D

But I was quite shocked that the Dwarves didn't wait for her. At least some of them felt bad about it...!

Also, I expected the Elves to be a little more suspicious of a strange woman riding a Warg, but they immediatly started to call her "my lady" and all. I guess they saw the fight from the distance (but if they did, they should have seen the Dwarves fighting too). The way you describe it, Rivendell is like one hour away for the Elves, so does it mean that the secret passage is a long detour? x)

The description of the different types of zombies is very interesting, but I still want to kick Gandalf fo his "Alicia? Who? Ah, dear Bilbo, do ask Lord Elrond, I won't bother!" Grr.

A little thing: you made a spelling error for the Gundabad wargs and the Rhosgobel rabbits. :)
Guest chapter 6 . 3/21/2013
Love love this story, unique and different keep it goin' :D can't wait for the next chappy
Arashi - IV of VI chapter 6 . 3/22/2013
Poor girl. Such a hard time she's having...

Amazing story, though. :)
Gladoo89 chapter 6 . 3/22/2013
I like a lot this new chapter! :) Her story is very sad. Thorin is being a jerk: how is it that a woman can be distracting? Is it because she has breasts and all? Seriously.

Also, thanks a lot for replying to my previous reviews! I'm okay with bonding scenes :P.
About the jokes, what I meant was that I think the joke from Fili was really inappropriate in a medevial society like Middle-Earth, the brothers should be ashamed of themselves. A woman among a dozen of males feels already the threat of rape I guess, and with this kind of behavior, even if Alicia is a strong woman and all, it should not help her to trust the compagny... do you see what I mean?
selenopheliac chapter 6 . 3/21/2013
Awww...so sad...*wipes eyes with Bilbo's handkerchief* Update soon please! This made me so sad...I think she needs a hug...from Kili and Fili...and then I can hug Kili and Fili...yes...yes that sounds like a plan...and possibly sock Thorin in the nose...and blow some of the less understanding dwarves up...I think I maaaay have a grenade...or maybe even a bazooka somewhere around here...*tosses random leathal objects around room while digging* noo...poison...gun...sword...spider container...snake...what...what is THIS?...ohhh...last year's PB&J...AHA! Found 'em! I have several sparkly hand grenades and a hot pink bazooka...with a bedazzled letter A...feel free to borrow them when ever needed!
selenopheliac chapter 5 . 3/18/2013
What...whhhaaa? Whitney there anymore? I wanna read more! I loooooooove this! So please updates soon! XD
Teres chapter 5 . 3/14/2013
Interesting fic... like the fact that it's from such a different perspective instead of just a girl has a tragic accident and ends up in Middle Earth. Yours is more an Alice in Wonderland effect. Very good so far. I wonder when Alicia will reveal her zombie-filled past...
ScarletMageRei chapter 5 . 3/13/2013
Really good story cant to read more.(: ... This coming from a person who recently go over a deathly fear of all things to do with zombie. And I love reading stories like this (the whole randomly finding themselves in a world not their own). (:
Gladoo89 chapter 5 . 3/13/2013
I enjoyed a lot this chapter! :) Alicia was very clever when she got caught by the trolls, even if I think it was a little bit too much how she attacked them (like she was a Mary-Sue-ninja...).

Now Thorïn is asking if she's injured, that's a good sign! :D But don't think I want this story to be romance, because I clearly not. I'm fine with adventure, there already way too much romance stories out there!

I find Fili's and Kili's behaviors toward her quite inappropriate: I mean, they're asking her if she wants to sleep in their bedrolls - even if it's a joke, it's a terribly bad one! :S
And well, Alicia disturbed me greatly when she started laughing while watching the Dwarves in lethal danger... maybe she's a Crazy after all, or else it means she has mental issues.

Also, isn't Thorïn curious about the "targets" Alicia talked about? As for her, she didn't ask what Middle-Earth was in the previous chapter, when she is certainly wondering where she is, so I find it weird...

I think there's a little error in the beginning of the chapter: you included two versions of the scene with Alicia's lighter ;). As a whole, there's also a lot of common, but annoying, spelling errors in your story, mostly "their/they're" and "here/her", maybe you should correct that.

Here, I hope I didn't bored you with this particularly long review. I'm eager to read more about your story! :)
Gladoo89 chapter 4 . 3/13/2013
This chapter is a little bit shorter but great too! ;)
Thorïn treats her like dirt...! xD
As a "runner", I guess Alicia knows how to fight (as she has a sword and all), I hope for her it will get her some respect from him in future chapters!

Also, the reference to monks seems weird IMHO. I can imagine priests in Harad, as it is a fairly generic term but not monks...
Gladoo89 chapter 3 . 3/13/2013
First of all, thank you a lot for replying to my previous review! Without it, I wouldn't have known about these new chapters. It's not the fist time I put a story on Alert and I don't get the updates, I guess the problem is with this new review button!

Second, you don't know how much I like the fact that Alicia didn't got immediatly in the Compagny! :D
And I quite like the fact that Thorïn disapproves of her.

I'm not into the habit of reviewing every already-posted-chapter but as it is, I would have reviewed them if I had got the update alerts, so I'll try to review chapter 4 and 5. Now onto the reading! ;)
save the sharks chapter 5 . 3/13/2013
When I first started reading this story, I was not expecting to like it. But to my surprise, I love it. I keep waiting for the next part of the story wondering what was going to happen next. You have managed to keep me on my toes and ensnare my attention. I look forward to the next chapter.
Ulyana15 chapter 3 . 3/11/2013
this is great :) write more!
Gladoo89 chapter 2 . 3/1/2013
So far I quite like your story! :)
Alicia is a mystery to then and I guess they'll be pretty confused when they learnt what her job was.
As you didn't explain how she ended up in the Shire, should we take for a fact that the forest was magical or something?
I think it's quite bold of Kili to try and get this strange lady to go with them, without even having Thorin's consent. He's the leader, he's the one who makes the decisions.
But well, I'm eager to see how you'll make her end up in the Compagny! :)
224 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15