Reviews for My home is gone, but I'll help get yours back if I can
MehhHehh chapter 29 . 6/11/2017
I absolutely love this, iv read it all in a day and I want more ! I love the character and how she interacts and develops relationships with the party. It's very well written and you should keep it up. X
xSiriuslyPadfoot chapter 29 . 5/15/2017
Oh gosh! I truly loved this chapter! Especially Nori reading the Bible! I love that you write Alicia to have faith in Jesus. Not many fanfics has that! And I love your story and how you are writing it. It may be completely AU, but to me (and it seems to a lot of your followers) it's believeable and entertaining. Your story is one of the few Hobbit fanfics that I still read. God bless!
Missreadstoomuch chapter 29 . 4/22/2017
Great chapter and it was nice to see an update on it. Hmm, Balin is way more mischevious and devious than you'd expect, oh dear. Thankfully it's not an evil sort of devious. But it's nice to see that he never meant to hurt her. You've definitely got me looking forward to what you're gonna do next with those two. From the looks of it he seems to be trying to drive her crazy or make her mad with the purpose of finally getting her to her breaking point so she'll unleash all her anger with him at him.
I admit i'm a little concerned that the methods he seems to be employing might cause her even more damage. But at the same point if she keeps suppressing her feelings and not dealing with them that can cause her damage too. Possibly more damage than what he's currently trying to do could. I admit i'm a little nervous for what's coming up cause dealing with messy feelings like anger and grief is never easy or fun. It tends to be messy, uncomfortable and even painful and I don't want to see Alicia have to go through that. But in the end dealing with it, letting it out is necessary and even a good thing. As Balin pretty much said, it's the only way to get to a point where healing can start.
And I love you having Nori read the Bible and his thoughts on it and Jesus. Though it's kind of not that surprising. With the conversations he's been having with Alicia it does seem he's searching when it comes to God. Hmm, I wonder if a dwarf can become a Christian. Sounds like a what if scenario or two I've had in my head for some hobbit based stories. But altogether this was a wonderful chapter and I look forward to seeing the next one. Have a great evening.:)
P.S. There's nothing wrong your stories being different from what usually happens in Hobbit canon. Personally I think a lot of why it's so good is cause it's different. And don't worry if holes in show up in your stories. Stories can be quite tricky, particularly if you have tendencies to keep getting 100 new ideas that could make it better.
If you need to you can always go back fix or change whatever you want after you finished. That's the beauty about this being your story. You have the freedom to do what you want to in it and take it where you want to. But so far from what I've seen in your stories you do a very good job at telling them. And you seem to be doing a good job between balancing what you want to do with this story and taking the audience's thought's and feelings into consideration. So don't be discouraged, your doing fine. Keep up the great job.:)
kitcat12 chapter 29 . 4/21/2017
hi there.
From what I gathered from your conversation with the reviewer, she does not seem to like stories that go against cannon, and seems to be very picky about things. I personaly don't make a big deal out of small things like plant life myself.
I did not find any atempted rape in this story myself, I also do not see you contradicting cannon, just going AU, which there is nothing wrong with. In fact, Alternate universe is some of my favorite fanfics. I love reading stories that stick to cannon, but I love reading AU just as much.
This was a very good chapter, I loved Dori and Alicia's interactions with one another, and hope to see more. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Silversun XD chapter 29 . 4/20/2017
awesomeness
IvyWinter chapter 28 . 3/9/2017
Love this chapter and I can't wait to see what happens when they hit the mountains. :)
Ceranis chapter 11 . 1/9/2017
I'm sorry, but after this chapter I can't read this anymore. Those men attempt to rape her and she's apologizing for fighting? Aside from being completely implausible since she's from a place where fighting for your life is the norm, it disgusts me on another level. I would add that rape for elves is particularly heinous because the person raped usually dies since sex is spiritual marriage for them. I have a few other quibbles in terms of the Valar, since calling them gods isn't technically correct. There's also the fact that during those times women would definitely be preparing meat, gutting and removing fur and feathers. Not to mention dwarven women are cherished but are equal from a societal stand point, they all have crafts. Dwarrowdams also dress as males when traveling to hide their gender for safety reasons. Honestly there are a ton of issues in terms of lore. Also, bamboo really? I get creative license but the area they were in definitely is not the right biome for that. I'm also a bit confused on why you decided to have them be son on-chalant when she was separated. It wasn't even that a few of the cared, it was as if she wasn't there in the first place. Alright, sorry I just laid all the big issues I have with this in one review. On to the good stuff! You're a very good story teller, kept me engaged for a long time. You post long chapters, which is something myself and I know many other fanfic readers enjoy. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into this story and the work you put in is appreciated. The first couple of chapters were entertaining and a fresh take on this fandom, but I'm afraid I just can't keep reading at this point. Thanks for being a fanfic author and adding to our fandom, I wish you all the best.
kitcat12 chapter 28 . 1/3/2017
Ha, this was an awesome chapter. I lovve the humor in this, with Dwalin and Alicia, and the game with Gloin and Bifur and her.
I also love the advice she gave to Thorin, and his confidence in her, even though he is warry of her planHa, this was an awesome chapter. I love the humor with Gloin, Bifur, and Alicia's game, along with Dwalin bear hugging Alicia lol. I also love her conversation with Thorin, and his confidence in her even though he doesn't like her plan. I love the understanding and friendship that has grown between them. I also love the watch with Balin, her and Bofur. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Silversun XD chapter 28 . 1/2/2017
love the Dwalin bear hug, everything is just so awesome, and Balin needs to lay off for a while or speak his mind!

How does Dwalin feel about hearing the others about waking up with Alicia in his arms? is he embarrassed? does he just brush it off as an uncontrollable and predictable habit? does he approach her about it? did Balin lash at him about it?
Missreadstoomuch chapter 28 . 1/2/2017
Nice chapter. I'm so glad to see you updated this one. I'm definitely curious to see what you do with Balin and Alicia and how their relationship gets better cause at this point it's hard to see how that could happen. At this point Alicia doesn't have the best perception of Balin which in tern is making it hard for things to improve in their relationship. And whether it's intentional or not he's not making it easy for himself to overcome those perceptions. But like I said I look forward to seeing what you do there.
It is strange to be reading a story where I find Dwalin more likeable than Balin, but it's interesting. I thought it was so adorable when Dwalin used her as a teddy bear. It was kind of cute. And I loved Gloin in this. I found the game between him and Bifur amusing. I love the way your developing the characters in here. I can't wait to see what comes next. Keep up the great job and have a great night.:)
Missreadstoomuch chapter 27 . 11/13/2016
Nice chapter. There was so much good stuff in here. And your slowly making me develop soft spots for almost all the characters. I loved the focus seemed to be more on Gloin and I like how it seems how he's joining the club of "Lets see if we can actually manage to get the girl to give us another chance." Or something along that lines. And I loved Dwalin at the end. Honestly your making me really start to take a liking to a lot of the ones that might be mistaken for grumpy. And I like how it looks like slowly but surely everyone in the company's starting to become like family to her.
I admit I also kind of appreciated Gloins remark about Thorin softening up just a bit when he was listening to Alicia. I admit I do look forward to seeing how her relationship/friendship with him progresses. It kind of seems to me, based off of the little details we see when someone looks at Thorin for a few minutes, that Thorin may be starting to become fond of her to some degree. Whether it's in a just friends way or as more I can't say. But it does kind of look that way, particularly when notice that quite a few of the dwarves have noticed little changes in him lately, like that he's relaxed and other things. It also seems like for some reason a lot of the dwarves are paying attention to how he behaves towards her. It's just interesting to see and I look forward to seeing what happens there. I kind of wonder if he keeps displaying these changes if they'll slowly start to become more obvious to others who may not see things that are only subtly noticeable.
I admit I still struggle a little bit with liking Kili. But at the same point he's kind of a bit interesting, mainly cause of things you're starting to make me wonder. You've kind of got me wondering if part of the reason why the two boys, particularly Kili, were acting like brats towards her is cause they're insecure or feel a bit inferior to her. The remark about her showing them up definitely makes me wonder that. I wonder if they feel, or if at least Kili feels, the need to prove him/themselves on this quest and seeing the way she is makes them feel insecure and inferior. I guess i'll have to wait and see.
Although you've also got me wondering if Alicia suffers a bit from insecurity as well. Cause it's kind of starting to seem like she's a bit insecure when it comes to what she says. Like with when she was explaining to Gloin about the bracelet. Or, I think it was a few chapters ago, when Thorin mentioned maybe she should consider being an advisor counselor. In that situation she kind of freaked out at the idea. So it makes me wonder if she's not exactly the most confident when it comes to what she says. But I could be wrong.
But like I said this was a wonderful chapter and there was a lot of great stuff in here. So keep up the great job. I look forward to seeing your next chapter. Have a nice evening.:)
xSiriuslyPadfoot chapter 27 . 11/12/2016
I love this chapter! Alicia's interactions with Gloin and Dwalin was so adorable in this chapter!
kitcat12 chapter 27 . 11/8/2016
I loved this chapter, from Gloin's grumpy mood, to him receavign the bracelit, Kili and her argument, and he rfallign asleep on Dwalin, taht was quite cute and fluffy. I can't wait to see waht happens next.
Gabrielle607 chapter 21 . 10/30/2016
Hah! This has got to be my favorite chapter in the whole story! XD I was listening to music while reading this chapter, then the song True by Spandau Ballet came up just in time on the scene where Alicia and Thorin were rolling down the hill xD I was laughing for a whole minute in the middle of the night XD

Anyways, kudos to this story! This is a fresh idea and I can't wait to read the rest of it! :)
xSiriuslyPadfoot chapter 26 . 10/25/2016
I love it! I love your long chapters, and the lack of action isn't boring! I love it when you write the interactions between the Company and Alicia (that doesn't always involve life or death situations).

Sorry it took me forever to read and review.
224 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »