Reviews for Everything You Want
saffroncremebrulee chapter 17 . 5/22/2018
This is a phenomenal story! The pacing is fantastic with just the right amount of angst and humor with just enough hope at the end to make it all worthwhile.

Thank you both so much for writing this masterpiece of fanfiction. I remember reading it years ago as a middle schooler and thinking that this totally could and should have been missing scenes in the series (because let’s face it...canon can be um...different than imagined). Even years later I’m crying and laughing, and keeping my fingers crossed that these characters found the happiness they deserve.

Kudos on creating such a striking piece of art!
genevieves15 chapter 12 . 5/18/2013
Hi again,
Since I love this story so much, I looked for the sequel but couldn't find it. :( did you guys write one?
genevieves15 chapter 17 . 5/18/2013
That was so utterly amazing, I cried while reading the last few chapters! Your collaboration was an excellent idea and please, keep writing. :) Thank you for this amazing story.
DecoyDream chapter 17 . 12/28/2010
I've really enjoyed reading this story! It's beautifully written and still manages to follow the plot line but be original at the same time. Well done to both of you! :)
NotYourAverageSchoolgirl chapter 13 . 10/3/2004
Aw... I absolutely adore this!
Blueezy chapter 17 . 8/20/2004
OH WONDERFUL WONDERFUL I CANT SAY IT ENOUGH TIMES! ITS JUST SUCHA WONDERFUL FIC!

after sufferign through chapters and chapters of oh so delicious angst, i FINALLY got the happy ending i wanted for cho and roger!

I absolutely ADORE the long chapters (GO LONG CHAPTERS!) and I love the plot of the fic and everything flowed very nicely!

whats even better is that this fic is actually completed! WHEE!

Here I thought i was a draco/cho fan...you've made me a roger/cho fan too!

XD hope you write more fics bout this couple! or try writing draco/cho fics!
Semirhage chapter 17 . 7/27/2004
I found myself reading this fic mainly out of curiosity towards the couple. Besides a vague annoyance towards her in the fifth book, I have always thought Cho was awesome. However, the HarryCho fics scared me away and I wasn't too sure I liked CedricCho. Roger and Cho is a pairing that I had never considered, and I decided to give it a try - mainly because I know the author. ::pokes Dove:: Although, I assure you, I am feeling absolutely no regrets after reading "Everything You Want".

The last two chapters (excluding the epilogue) jerked my tears and almost had me sniffling. The only part of the story that made me frown and wonder if that was right was when Roger performed the Patronus charm - but I liked the explanation given. *snerks* Besides, who can keep a Ravenclaw from sticking his or her nose into the books to learn the more difficult spell/charm/potionwork? And I really liked that the form it took was the same for both Cho and Roger. :)

I absolutely HAVE to add a note about Blaise Zabini. Diggity damn. I don't read much about him, but I certainly hadn't thought of saddling him with the looks you two did. o.O Nice, nice, nice. Other notes I want to point out: Hermione and Cho complaining together about Fleur was hilarious. The haircutting scene was very nicely done. I still have the image in my mind of Roger stomping away with Cho's locks clenched firmly in his fist. And Cassandra and Melissa...both so annoying, yet without them the fic just wouldn't have been the same.

Ultimately, besides the RogerCho plot, what intrigued me the most with the story was Cedric. I knew that this fic would follow the path of the books - it would have to, wouldn't it? But I so so so wanted him to live. Somehow, he seemed so much more three-dimensional in this fic than even JKR makes him to be in the books. I love the realistic relationship between Cho and Cedric and the reasoning that falls so soundly behind everything that happened.

I knew when I checked the date that this fic was published that the fifth book wasn't included, yet I think seeing how you dealt with those situations would be interesting. You have done an amazing job making everything through the fourth book seem so plausible, but...I'm satisfied with the end the way it is. Wonderful story and I'll probably be back for more as soon as my mind stops racing from this story. )
chofan chapter 17 . 6/26/2004
omg! that is one of the best fanfics ive read in a long time! i was so sad when it ended! cho and roger are such a good coupling, but i found that cedric being gay a bit strange. please keep writing more!
gazebo chapter 3 . 6/3/2004
TYPO ALERT-

in this chapter, a little before the end. Cedric and Cho are talking, and Cho reccomends that Cedric go to M. Pomfrey. Cedric says how he doesn't think that M. Pomfrey can cure him. Cho says-"Can't CUTE what?" in stead of "can't cure what?" Of course, this maybe intentional, in which case I am an idiot, but I thought should bring this to your attention.

I really like the story so far, but I'm getting a little tired of the whole Roger being jealous of Cedric thing.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
Dear Thalia and Dove,
WHEE!
It was beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, and, to my utmost dissapointment, it ended! WHY DID YOU END IT? It's too good to end!
Just to let you know, I started a thread in The Students forum, called "Who will end up Cho?" and I cast my vote as Harry, Oh, but I've changed my mind...I'm going with Roger. The way you portrayed him in this story is absolutely touching and fabulous...
Once I started to read your story, I could not peel my eyes off of it. It took me about 9 1/2 hourse to read your story (much to my delight, joy on a long car ride :) ), but I was faithful..(sticks chest out in pride) Okay, so my eyes were glued to the pages, but still... ;) (My grandparents had to narly pry me away from the paper).
I cried so hard, I laughed so hard, I was dragged into the story...the only other fics that were this good that I've read are "Dance With Me Harry," by Aerie 22, "The Next Dance," by Aerie 22, and "The Red Haired Weasel and the Amazing Bouncing Ferret" by Black Mage. My eyes were transfixed on the pages as I read word after word after word...
Do write more! Lots of love from Nevada!
Kittra Leigh Mai Long
maudeclaude chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
I have to say that I absolutely adored this fic (I am using shameful italics but there is no other way of expressing my delight upon reading this) I loved the angst that pervaded the entire fic until the end (unlike other fics that are wonderfully angsty at the start or at seldom few occasions and then become far too fluffy for taste). I was also pleasantly suprised at both Cho and Roger's characterisation, particularly that of Cho's- usually I don't like Cho- but I found her chracter pleasing and personable. In essence I found this fic, fabulously well written and probably the best Cho fic I've ever read.
Srna chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
Awesome. I never thought of Cho cutting her hair. I really like the Davies and Chang thing. Cute.
Slyy chapter 1 . 10/15/2003
Wow. Great story!
Sabriel41 chapter 17 . 6/24/2003
*sniffles* Well... talk about a fic that pulls at the heartstrings... I was sniffling last chapter; now my family is wondering why I'm looking at the monitor with a big tear rolling down my cheek (happy tear, but)...

Anyways... wow. I can't say I've read many Cho-based fics for comparison's sake, but this was great; the characters, the song lyrics that you included, the action. Kudos!

I like your take on Cedric, notably... not the way I see him, maybe, but very well written and convincing... (aside-note, nice D/G shipping in the sidelines of some chapters... they would have to be one of my favorite pairings.)

Regards, and Starry Nights,

~Sabriel
Phaedra chapter 17 . 6/20/2003
Wow! Well done! I truly enjoyed this fic! You have a creative style of writing and protraying the emotions of Roger and Cho. I love the sweet ending.