Reviews for Just an echo
huntaj18 chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
I came across one of your fics last week (I believe I saw it on tumblr) and I've been reading everything you have written since then. All of your fics are so so so so good but this one was incredible. Absolutely incredible. I'm crying. Like actual tears running down my face. This was heartbreaking and gorgeous and it just ruined me. So great!
javaandcaskett chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
I've never understood how something can be beautiful and sad, how it can make you feel sort of content while tearing you apart. It makes no sense, but your story manages it.
I think it's probably because, although Kate's sad and doesn't seem quite whole, the reason for her feeling this way is because she loved castle so deeply.
I also really liked that you included Alexis. I think that Beckett is the kind of person who would do that sort of thing for Alexis and the rest of the Castle clan.
It's a really great story
Ashleigh chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Oh yes I did weep at both the story and the song. Beautifully written.
Mrs. 11th chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
This is so perfect and I have been emotionally compromised.
Abzug chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
This made me cry. Thank you for writing it.
firestarter91 chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Heartbreaking but wonderfully done. I could never face this happening on the show and thank God it probably never will. For some reason Castle dying and leaving Kate all alone after she's just discovered love with him always slays me worse than when it's Castle the one left behind.

The fact she still sleeps in his shirt and keeps his things around her, replacing the battery in his watch was so sad and touching.
muppet47 chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Oh, guh, this is just beautifully done. All the little details, the way she's kept his clothes and hasn't touched his books, the way she freaks out when she can't find his chair.

"When she'd made it to her car, she practically ripped the chain from around her neck, shoving her rings back onto her finger where they belonged."

Absolutely perfect and heartbreaking.

And the whole part with Alexis, sobs.

It's odd to call this lovely when it's so sad, but it is lovely.
Lydian Stone chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
How did you get through writing that? It was so heart wrenching, and beautifully melancholy.
thump chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
alex...
BoneyCastle237 chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
I listened to the song. It didn't make me cry. It made me absolutely BAWL MY EYES OUT! This was the most incredibly well written story I have ever read! Seriously Good job! I am just gonna cry myself to sleep now..
weasleywarrior chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
I usually don't read death fics, but yours drew me in. This was beautiful, and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm tearing up. Well done.
AlwaysCastleFan41319 chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
"she swore she could feel her dad, like before he died he had given all his love to Kate for moments just like this so none of them would ever be without it when they needed it."

Omg! This line had me sobbing! This was beautiful.
Deb838 chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Well... I am sitting here with tears running down my face & snot leaking out of my nose, trying not to let out the great heaving sobs choking my chest.

I hope we NEVER see this on the show - but brilliantly written.
paris.and.always chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
It's been a long time since a fic has made me actually cry.
This was so beautiful and well done.
What really made me lose is was the the part about Alexis and Kate dancing at the wedding. It was really powerful.
You did an amazing job with this. (Maybe too good because now idk how I'm going to function for the rest of the day)
3detectives1writer chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
You reduced me to tears. I shall go to my corner, curl up into a fetal position, and sob now.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »