Reviews for White Eyes
Tee Hill chapter 7 . 8/19/2016
great chapter :)))
Jade Scribbler chapter 7 . 7/29/2016
Hello!

First off I'll say that I quite like your story idea, a blind Bella/Caius. However there are some parts of Bella, her blindness, and her seeing eye dog that aren't really being portrayed accurately. Many aspects of blindness I know first-hand as I was born partially blind. I read Braille, use a white cane, etc.
First off in reality Charlie could not have just purchased a guide dog for Bella and given it to her for Christmas. For one thing guide dogs are typically free save for a nominal fee when you come to train with them at one of the various organizations that offer them. Secondly the dog and its owner are carefully matched up on factors such as walking speed, temperament, etc. Also one must go train for a guide dog for anywhere from two to four weeks, perhaps longer, at one of the multiple organizations for such scattered across the USA. Oh, and guide dogs can only be called Seeing eye dogs if they've come from the Seeing Eye organization that has provided them and has trademarked the Seeing Eye title. If the dog and owner are matched anywhere else the dog is just a guide dog. A half wolf, half husky is also a bit exotic for a guide dog. Training centers typically offer labs and perhaps golden retrievers, perhaps poodles or labradoodles of one has a dog alergy. I can except Luna's breed as poetic license, however, to better fit the story. I still think Bella with a poodle would be funny, though. XD They're more fierce than they they look. We have two, not guide dogs, that are a black standard puppy and an ornery old white toy that would dearly love to bite strangers.
Lastly, as far as guide dogs, I wanted to clear up some misconceptions of how they operate and where they are and are not allowed. Guide dogs are not there to lead the blind owner. YOu don't just tell the guide dog where to go and it takes you there. The guide dog is there to keep you from getting hurt and making mistakes while walking. They're like using a white cane but are alive and can protect you from things that a cane cannot such as a low-hanging tree branch or making a stupid choice of trying to walk across the street before the light has changed. The owner is in control at all times, NOT the dog. Guide dogs are not guard dogs, by the way. They are not meant to be aggressive or hostile or to even make any noise, really, whilst on duty. They are more like normal dogs once they harness is off. But when the harness is on, however, they know it's time for work. Lastly, in the United States at least, guide dogs and really anoy other service dog are allowed ANYWHERE it's owner goes. This could be on a crowded city bus, a taxi cab, a restaurant, and a book store. So when Charlie took Bella to get some Braille books and said it wasn't somewhere Luna could go that was very inaccurate and any store, restaurant, etc owners could likely get their asses sued if they tried separating a person from their service dog even if dogs are otherwise not allowed. I've personally never had a guide dog before but I've done a fair amount of research on possibly getting one for myself as well as talking to people I know who have one. I suggest you google guide dog schools so you can learn more. That's what I did awhile back as well as attending small seminars about them at school, blind camp as a kid, etc.
Also, to my knowledge, there are no physical stores that sell just Braille books These books are very large and can take up multiple hard-bound volumes. Buying fifteen Braille books is NOT like buying fifteen print books. I grew up in Washington and know of no such store. The closest thing I can remember is a store in Seattle that sold blindness products such as talking clocks, watches, Braille supplies, Braille watches, Braille compasses, white canes, etc. I went there when I was nine back in 2000 or so. The only physical place to browse and pick up Braille books might be wherever Washington State's hub for the National Library Service is located. The NLS is a nation-wide library for the blind and otherwise print-disabled with branches everywhere. HOwever most local libraries only have talking books, (audio books,) that were on cassettes when I was a kid but are now on little cartridge things or can be downloaded to one's smart device, like an iPhone or iPad. Even if Bella were to be taken to the Washington State primary location it would be likely that a clerk would be getting the books for her. She could then keep the book as long as she liked and mail it back for free. It's much easier and less hassle, however, to just get Braille books over the phone or better yet online. Even when buying Braille books that's done online. That's how my mom got me the fifth and sixth Harry Potter books when I was in high school. I'm sorry for rambling but Braille books are a lot more time-consuming to print and I think more expensive too considering even the cheapest Braille embossers, (our version of ink printers,) cost upwards of a couple thousand dollars. Those cheap models can't even Braille both sides of a page. I know that in print HP and the Order of the Phoenix was some 500 or 600 pages, right? Well, in Braille it had to be broken up into twelve volumes and was well over a thousand pages. A dictionary like Bella got, especially if it is a comprehensive one, would have had to be at least four or five of the thicker volumes, maybe more.
Another thing that kind of got to me was that it seems Bello does no traveling by herself. Volterra, bing a seemingly good-sized city would have at least some public transportation such as taxis, a bus system, and some sort of tram or subway, right? So why didn't Bella take one of those? Why should her landlady feel obligated to pick her up when Bella could have found her apartment just fine with a GPS or the Maps app on either an Apple or Android smart phone? And yes, we can use those. It also bothers me that Bella comes all the way to Italy to take online classes. Why didn't she just stay in the states, then? It makes no sense whatsoever, I'm sorry.
Also those who are blind don't typically have Snow White eyes. I can understand that Bella's might look milky or washed out due to the chemical damage but I'm just not sure about it being perfectly Snow White. Then again I know very little about chemical burns to the eyes. Just something to keep in mind and perhaps research. Also, for reference, from what I know those who have more internal eye damage have eyes that look normal save for the fact they might look in the wrong direction or not be focused properly. My eye condition is in the optic nerves that transmit signals from my eyes to my brain so my eyes are as green as my dad's are. When I got an ID picture taken yesterday, however, the lady noted that I was kind of looking away from the camera since, though I retain some useful vision, I could not see where it was.
I'm sorry if I've hit any sore points and I really do think you have an interesting idea here but it needs a lot of polishing. I do appreciate that you've made Bella pretty independent and not one of those needy type blind people that are like little kittens in a world of jaguars. If you have any questions or comments for me feel free to PM me anytime. I'll happily answer as I love talking about this sort of thing.
Sincerely,
JadeScribbler
ilovetwilight999 chapter 7 . 6/25/2016
plz plz update and also if shes blind how can she check her watch?
Fl0ra chapter 7 . 6/2/2016
This is a very good story. I hope you continue it and that James gets what he deserves for kicking luna and hurting bella.
gladys24 chapter 7 . 4/2/2016
please update soon I really enjoyed reading this story and especially it was getting interesting
Wizards N Dragons Realm chapter 7 . 3/21/2016
dang just when it was starting to get to the good part! Excellent so far I cannot wait for more to come. Keep up the great work.
AstroNeko3000 chapter 7 . 2/3/2016
yeah right wensday or Friday. you sure are slow at updating
My Eyez Are Watching Everyone chapter 7 . 1/27/2016
please please, continue this story! I absolutely adore it so far.
1WhoLoves2ReadAlot chapter 7 . 1/27/2016
Great story, so far! Love it! Hope you get a chance to write more
silversimon chapter 7 . 1/20/2016
So many questions. But I'll keep patient, waiting for answers in the next chapter. Glad you are back!
scorpiolady68 chapter 7 . 1/13/2016
Love it! Its Wednesday...Hint,Hint...
Brooke chapter 7 . 1/11/2016
I love this story so far. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/8/2016
I'm so happy you updated! I was an exciting chapter and the end was quite scary! I do hope help arrives soon and Luna will be okay! She tried to protect Bella! Anyway, it was awesome!

See you next update!
kspauldinghyatt chapter 7 . 1/9/2016
Update soon please
asia.joanna.7334 chapter 7 . 1/9/2016
OMG :) I love it soooooo much!3 It story is Great !
The chapter is great! Nothing more and nothing less !
I can't wait to read updatesoon! ::)