Reviews for Echoes of Eternity
titousphinx chapter 8 . 3/23/2013
Very sweet update. I loved. :)
The Gabby Effect chapter 8 . 3/22/2013
There's that bloody *poof* again... sniffle.

Well, written as always!
The Gabby Effect chapter 7 . 3/22/2013
Awe shucks... This was sweet and ugh *sighs*

I hear a (poof) at the end of every chapter you write. (flashes Gibbs-smile)

WELL DONE *bows*

LUV IT!
gosgirl chapter 8 . 3/22/2013
*sniffs* A beautiful chapter, with some lovely poignant touches and some very emotional moments - the necklace made me tear up.

Loved all the banter with Tony about calling her the boss's wife and the head slaps and seriously, ROFLMAO at Operation Ball and Chain. Can just see Tony doing this and diving right on into this undercover operation! And I love how everyone has just mucked in to make it as smooth a day for them as possible, shows how close they all are as a family. And snort at Fornell - can just hear him making that wedding night comment.

And I really liked another nod back to the original fic, both with the dancing and the song, and McGee's discomfort, which you can understand not going away entirely... so I really liked this thought. "The last thing he wanted to do was hurt McGee but he hoped his marriage to Abby would finally make it clear that his commitment to her was for good."

Really loved that he got Luca on the phone - all these things he's 'done' for her, without needing to say too much, all show the Gibbs we'd expect, when it's easier to show rather than tell. So I like those little touches you've laced throughout the story.

The scene with the necklace was so poignant - and really beautifully done. Loved that Jack was watching from the sidelines... must be such an emotional day for him too, and stirred up so many memories.

The dancing was a lovely image... so intimate and tender... and I loved this - "And I remember how it felt when I held you that night, how I still feel the same now…like I couldn't live without you." Gibbs dropped her hand from within his and wrapped his arm around her so she was completely enfolded... Wraparound Gibbs... *thud*

I have to say though that the conversation with Tony and Gibbs was my fav bit of the chapter - two men who shield their emotions, one behind silence and the other behind deflecting chatter, both being honest with one another and acknowledging their worth and friendship and bond - it moved me to tears. Loved the way Tony typically started it off with banter - "Well boss, of all the ops we've done together this was my favorite...not sure how we did it without her finding out but we did."

And then it moved into more serious ground that the two men would still find uncomfortable but you did a great job with their honesty and still keeping them in character, and it's just how you could imagine Tony and Gibbs becoming after a year of Abby's influence and also of a Gibbs who is now happy. Loved the whole conversation but this bit stood out for me. "Means a lot that you think that. I rely on you and trust you Tony, not just on the job...we're family."

Fav line of all... Abby was his and nothing could take away how at peace he felt... it gave the feeling it was a long time coming but worth the wait... and I was sighing all over the place at him calling Abby his bride at the end.
Ron's Sweetie chapter 8 . 3/22/2013
Great new chapter i love it
fart fart chapter 8 . 3/21/2013
Great update.
hslacer chapter 8 . 3/21/2013
So romantic. I was wondering when the locket would appear. Great idea . So special.
fart fart chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
Great update.
alohareader chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
Yea- they are married. Well written chapter! More please!
Rochir chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
What an awesome, awesome chapter! You absolutely nailed it! :D
gosgirl chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
Tissues... I need more tissues!

I found this a very moving chapter and I really liked the way you approached the ceremony by covering all their internal thoughts, rather than just the 'bog standard' formal ceremony itself. It made it so much more personal and intimate to do it that way and the whole thing was very emotional. We know what both have gone through, and especially Gibbs, so to have an insight into how differently he views this ceremony compared to his other marriages was just a lovely touch.

And I LOVED the 'He'd done it'... giving himself a well deserved pat on the back. With everything that had happened and the rush in the last few weeks, plus the nerves as to whether she'd agree, it was almost an audible sigh of relief that it had all come off... the first time he'd been able to relax and absorb that it was all going to plan.

So many lines resonated so it's hard to narrow it down but these were particularly affecting and insightful I felt - He couldn't imagine himself anywhere else, and more to the point somewhere that Abby wasn't... *shows just how much of an influence she's had on his life in the last year*

And this just made me sniffle... She was his reason for living, and he trusted her with the most vulnerable part of himself that he'd vowed to never share with anyone since Shannon, his heart.

And this was a typical Abby sentiment... putting him first, as always. "...regardless of how certain she was that she'd made the right choice she wanted to be everything that Gibbs needed." and I loved her reflection on his continuing love for Shannon... you get the feeling none of the exes ever viewed it this way. "... rather than seeing that strong relationship as a betrayal to her Abby believed it was one of the strongest displays of commitment she'd ever seen. "

and my hormones thank you for the description of him in his suit... hubba hubba... and I loved the reflection on how special and nervous this whole thing made Abby. He's gone through this before but for her, not only had it been done in a rush and not had time to absorb it properly, but it was something she wanted to do only once... so you conveyed that amazement from her really well.

And I LOVED possessive Abby, with this... "there was something more comforting, if not possessive, that came with the promise they were about to make to one another."

But this must be my fav bit... given what we know of his history and how we've seen him struggle to even say the girls' names, to have come as far as this, with Abby's help, says a lot about how much he's let her in... "He'd learnt how to bring his past into the present and not only deal with the pain of losing the two girls he'd loved more than anything, but Gibbs had also learnt how to nurture his memories"

And I say bring on the honeymoon!
titousphinx chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
Wow, my feet no longer touch the ground. It was so romantic and beautiful ... just perfect ! :)
Ron's Sweetie chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
Great new chapter I love you're story please update soon
hslacer chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
Such a well written ceremony . Loved the whole thing. Can't wait for more .
Guest chapter 6 . 3/19/2013
Wow! This is such a great story...
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »