Reviews for Echoes of Eternity
The Gabby Effect chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
Awe shucks a ring and the cabin and ... *sigh* yup definitely hooked. :D
Guest chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
SO many things I loved about this chapter. You got right inside Gibbs' head and I think you nailed how this guy would be feeling and his thoughts after a year of them being together... a kind of 'still can't quite believe it' attitude, combined with a sense of growing contentment. And I think this summed it up beautifully - "he'd been given a new lease on life and he felt much younger than he was..."

And it's all too plausible that Gibbs would feel the need to get married... not only does he seem to be a serial husband but he's old fashioned enough to want that extra level of commitment. Maybe almost a way of showing someone how much he cares about them rather than having to find the words... and it's so telling that he wants to replicate what he had with Shannon rather than replace her. LOVED that insight.

But given how we've heard in canon Abby's past opinion of marriage, you can totally understand his nerves over whether she'd say yes... and I love, love, love that it was Carol who made the effort to try to reassure him. Just in that simple thing, you also gave us a glimpse of a Gibbs who is more open and who has obviously let in Abby's friends to his life too... thought that was very revealing.

And throughout you gave us some wonderful glimpses of the tender physical and emotional connection they have... and how this break away is just what they need after a tough few weeks. You could almost feel them relaxing bit by bit and starting to relish being alone with no one else to worry about but themselves.

Loved this - "Gibbs felt like he'd been waiting months to be alone with her like this, to have the opportunity to forget about everything else in their lives except one another." Given that Gibbs has thrown himself into his work for so many years, it says a lot that he now has other priorities in his life.

And I adore the idea of them treating this cabin as a special place to celebrate anniversaries - as Gibbs said, where it all started.

And don't think I missed the generous helping of NECK mentions in this chapter...
Talldi chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
I just love this reconnection with who and what they are to eachother. Work truly does get in the way of being close.
Talldi chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Wow! So very very sexy! I need a shower! ;0di
titousphinx chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
I loved :)
Rochir chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
So we have gosgirl to think for this fluffy, smutty little interlude eh? I'll have to head over to her fic and thank her...maybe even lob a bunny or two... :)

'Challenge accepted' huh? Ooorah!
fart fart chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
Great update.
Ron's Sweetie chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
Great new chapter update soon
The Gabby Effect chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Very nice I'm definitely hooked on this one! :D
titousphinx chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Delighted to see that there is a sequel to the story. This first chapter leaves you wanting more as usual ! :)
Rochir chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Mmmmm...nice start! I confess that I love angst...but fluffy, smut-filled fics make for a WONDERFUL interlude lol!
gosgirl chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Yay, I love me some cabin fic! So excited to see you start posting this... and I love that you've chosen to depict them a year down the line.

Really terrific snippets of how their relationship has developed in the intervening time, both the good times and the difficult ones... great that you're not glossing over that there would have been difficult times, not only through Gibbs' past problems with relationships but also that this is Abby's first time in a serious relationship and presumably first time living with someone. But it was also insightful that they had a head start on the relationship as they'd both understand each others' job and not be resentful of the amount of time it eats up.

This was a lovely thought... "It had become their home, a place of sanctuary and relaxation where there were signs of her presence in his life everywhere, as well as reminders of the girls he'd lost." You're conveying so succinctly and effectively what has changed and I really liked the thought that his empty house was now a home again, through her presence but also that his girls hadn't been forgotten.

Love the connection back to the original fic, returning to the same cabin but in a different season (do I sense a theme emerging here, she says hopefully?!). And can I say the visual of an excited Jackson turning up on their doorstep on hearing the news of them getting together was a win! Really enjoyed the poignancy of Vance giving them his approval too, following his own devastating loss. You've melded stuff from canon with all this seamlessly... and I just adored the thought that they'd all made the effort to have a family Christmas together a few months before too, sort of continuing the tradition they'd all started at the cabin... lots of things changing after Dearing and Gibbs and Abby's relationship being only one aspect of it.

Loved all the banter and teasing and you gotta say this has got to be the best Christmas present... "The best Christmas, cos I got you."

There were so many fav lines, it's hard to narrow it down but these really struck me... "I'd be nothing without you...I'd have nothing."... "Life's never anything but good with you."... It was a bond so powerful that Gibbs found himself feeling more than a little fortunate that he'd not only experienced such deep emotions for two amazing women, but that they loved him with equal intensity as well.

It was a lovely reflection of just how settled Gibbs is now, how happy he is and how much he's made room for Abby in his heart and life but without losing his original connection to his first wife.
ncislove chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Gah, so excited for this! I love that they can have some alone time to reconnect even though they've been together for awhile and things seem to be going well.

And I love the bit about how Vance understood their 'relationship' and wasn't going to really get in the way, esp since he understand now the pain of losing someone. *wibble*

More soon!
AbbyGibbs chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Really happy you're writing this sequel.

Very hot start, they really needed some time together! Can't wait for the next chapter.
Ziver69 chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Oh give me some more cabin...love the cabin settings! And whoowee, they wasted no time in re-christening the place. Stair-loving, hehehe. I awwed over this one, "Life's never anything but good with you."
Looking forward to the next update. I also liked that you included Leon and how the loss of Jackie (still can't believe they killed her) has changed the way he understands Gibbs and his decisions with certain things. I could easily see him not batting an eye at Gibbs and Abby being together, merely saying what he did about being professional at work so he can say he said it.
121 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »