Reviews for Life and Love are a strange, wonderful yet hurtful thing
HermioneLunaPotter chapter 28 . 10/2/2013
Another great little poem. I have quite a lot of respect for Narcissa - especially at the end when she saved Harry's life. That was a very brave thing to do. I enjoyed your portrayal of Narcissa's life, and even the portrayal of Lucius being cold and emotionless - good characterisation. I look forward to more! xx
HermioneLunaPotter chapter 27 . 10/2/2013
Really great work! I haven't read a lot of freeverse, but this has made me begin to love it! I loved how you really showed Ron and Hermione's relationship throughout this - how they know they have faults, but they love them anyway! Great work :) xx
Eternally Seventeen chapter 27 . 10/2/2013
Hahahah aww. Such a sweet piece! What I liked most about this was that you really brought out Rom and Hermione's VOICES through this poem. Love it :)
harryginny9 chapter 26 . 9/24/2013
thanks
harryginny9 chapter 24 . 8/31/2013
thanks...
Enigmatish chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
Aww! That is so cute!
I can just imagine Rose being like Hermione but a little easygoing. Scorpius is perfect in this as well.

You could probably have used better formatting, but I guess even without that the drabble is great. I could have appreciated a bit more description as well.

Other than that, good job :)
harryginny9 chapter 23 . 8/17/2013
thanks
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Not bad, but the flow feels a little...forced at times. Keep updating
Schermionie chapter 7 . 5/27/2013
'Susan couldn't believe how blind people could really be. It was like people loved to blame Harry Potter. She had thought that when Rita Skeeter had written those articles in the Daily Prophet, it had been a really low thing to do.'

I love how you flesh out Susan in this, giving her perceptiveness and integrity. It's an interesting take on her, and one you carry off convincingly, especially by including her canon backstory and participation in Dumbledore's Army. Although it doesn't make for the most dynamic story - there's a lot more tell than show - I did enjoy reading about Susan's perspective of her life at Hogwarts. I'm used to the canon story, so seeing things from a minor character's point of view can be fun.

The last sentence is chilling. She's so willing to sacrifice herself, to stand up for what she believes. It makes me admire her strength, but also worry about her fate. :/

In terms of nitpicks, I think you might benefit from having a beta if you don't have one already, but none of the SPaG errors are particularly disruptive. It's still good to read. :)

Some other notable lines:

'She had heard on the train in her very first year that Harry Potter was coming to Hogwarts, and to be quite frank; she had expected him to look different then he had.'

I think a lot of people had this feeling - famous figures can become larger than life in stories told about them, but Harry's specialness wouldn't have been apparent upon first meeting him.

'He kind of looked like a street urchin in a way.'

'She had had to do something about the Carrows. She couldn't just let them take over Hogwarts. Hogwarts was like her second home. It was a place where everyone could meet and become friends.'

I like the repetition of 'Hogwarts was like her second home'. And it seems stronger this time, because now she is older and knows the castle much better. The fact that she likes Hogwarts because it's a place where people become friends shows us more about her character, her kindness. The Sorting Hat sorted her well.

Finally, I think you use your prompt fantastically. The way you use different meanings of the word to introduce different threads of the story is clever and helps it flow well. My favourite use is in the first line I quoted; the wizarding world really was blind for so long.

In short: good job! :)
yellow 14 chapter 22 . 5/16/2013
Really cute. Keep updating
AnnaRavenheart chapter 21 . 4/15/2013
I love this chapter, it was sweet, sad and touching. I know that he must feel terrible about the fact he fell in love with his late brother's girlfriend but he still views her like an angel, that's sweet. I think that he really deserved to love and be loved. Also, I agree with the last sentence. It was true. You did a great job with this drabble collection. I can't wait to read more!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 20 . 4/15/2013
Heh, this was also sweet. Lucy/JamesSirius reminded me a bit o Lily/James, except the Lucy is a shy girl. I loved the plot you used it was really great.
AnnaRavenheart chapter 19 . 4/15/2013
Teddy and Victoire are so sweet in this chapter, I adore piano scene it was somehow romantic. Beside the Scor/Rose chapter this one was my favorite.
AnnaRavenheart chapter 18 . 4/15/2013
I like this, as well as the POV you used, it makes a great effect. I agree with Astoria, Luna is definitively a fascinating person. I'm just sad their story didn't have a happy ending and Luna never knew how Astoria felt.
AnnaRavenheart chapter 17 . 4/15/2013
Yes, a femmeslash pairing finally. I somehow hoped that you will include Yuri after I saw that you included Yaoi. It was really nice to read about it and I love Lily/Narcissa. Great job, just pay attention to the dialogue tags,