Reviews for Uncle
YuriyIvanov chapter 1 . 3/17
I really liked this story, after been reading A Means of Force was it amezing to get to see this from Akefias eyes. it give the other story so much more life and character now knowing how Bakura were when he was young and how it all end up the way it did, alwso how Akefia has been feeling about it. I am as always impressed with your writing and are happy to have found your dark little corner of this fandom.
CursiveBlade13 chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
I hated Akefia at the beginning...I hated him so much and thought that he was such a bastard...but...
I can see inside of him, in this fic. It's still pretty effed up. But...
I can see into his desires. But no amount of understanding makes what Akefia did okay.
A2463 chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Loved it! Really love it!
supersteffy chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
It's strange to see things from Akefia's pov. It makes you feel mad at him; disgusted at wht he did. You also can't help but feel angry at him for not doing something about Mariku, and yet you feel the tiniest bit bad for him...but not much. Poor Bakura :(
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
So disturbing, so emotional, so some-what beautiful, and heartbreaking. Cannot wait for a new chapter for MOF.
nihao.muse chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
I enjoyed getting to read this bonus chapter for AMOF. I wasn't expecting it to be so long, so I was definitely pleased.

First: there were a few grammar mistakes or awkward word choices. Twice, in parentheses within sentences, you ended the enclosed part with a period. You should leave the period out in such cases.
"He'd sit and read a book for hours with no attempt at making conversation with any of his family. Akefia knew this because he'd seen Bakura do it, or more often, watched him from across the room, completely unable to take his eyes off his nephew." I'm not sure what the point of saying "he'd seen him" and then modifying it to "watched him from across the room." They both imply the same act. "It got to the point where Akefia didn't even trust himself to be alone with Bakura, even with his brother and sister present." If they're present, he isn't really alone.

Those were just a few things I noticed, and now that they're out of the way, let's talk about the parts I really liked! "And it somehow didn't seem like a fantasy with Mariku, but a possibility." The evolution of Akefia's obsession to his actual decision to kidnap Bakura was portrayed well, with Mariku as a major cause. Definitely not a good influence to have around. The line about Mariku measuring Bakura's neck as part of a game- man, that was creepy. Very nice. I also liked the contrast in how Akefia and Mariku reacted to Bakura's suffering, with Akefia pained and wanting to comfort him and Mariku reveling in it. Finally, Bakura's plea to Akefia, saying he would lie about who kidnapped him, was a nice touch. The dialogue and his behavior pointed to his maturity and intelligence.

Don't stress too much if things have seemed a little more difficult to write lately, okay? You're doing an excellent job with AMOF. Writing isn't easy, so it shouldn't feel like it is most of the time. XD
LiquidSugar27 chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
You're making me have so many feelings about Akefia in this story! I still don't really know what to think of him! Excellent one-shot, I absolutely loved it.
xXAnachronIsmEpsIceXx chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
That...actually answered a lot of my questions...well...fuck! Holy hell, THANK YOU! [And thanks for letting us know through A Means Of Force, I probably wouldn't have found out otherwise.]

Akefia, you're a MORON! You DON'T give your nephew to your psychotic friend, especially if he mentions to you that said nephew's ass looks 'fuckable'... But I can sort of see why he didn't seem too freaked out that his friend had taken a liking to Bakura; he was probably too busy feeling reassured that his lusting was shared by someone else, therefor seeming 'justified' in a way. But still! Dx

Although this made me like Akefia better, and perhaps reinforced my theory of Akefia giving Marik that clipping in the newspaper with the letter that his brother wrote in order to perhaps provoke or encourage him to try and escape with Bakura again, since he can't really do it himself. I suppose we'll see what happens though.

Aww, I'm sorry it fought you. I hate when that happens when it comes to drawing. In fact, that's been happening a lot lately. It freaking sucks ass. _ If it makes you feel any better, I definitely enjoyed this and thought the wait for it was most worth it. It really made Akefia's actions in the main story seem a bit less like he was being a dick.
snow-kim chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Death to both men and save the little boy! Fool!
Rueky Mitem chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
woooow, that was brutal. I cant imagine having to go through what Bakura did, and now I have a new view on all three this'll make your story even more intresting, I wonder what it wouldv'e been like for Marik if he was kidnapped and Bakura wasn't there or Mari was never kidnapped and it was just about Kura... *shakes head* dang, you've got something here, dont stop
millennium rod chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Ah, I was wondering when we would see something new relating to A Means of Force, so this explains the wait. It was worth it, though- Akefia is definitely one of the more fascinating characters in the story, and learning more about him was an interesting experience to say the least. I would guess that his conflicted nature (both in the original story and this oneshot) are going to come into play later on, so getting this slightly more in depth snapshot of his emotions was an interesting (if slightly disturbing) experience.

I've actually been meaning to review the last few chapters- I still really enjoy aMoF. But this oneshot definitely had some effort put into it, and I figured it was worth coming out of my little break from fanfiction.
Evilpyecat1987 chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Even though Akefia is one sick puppy, I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him. Especially when he confronted Mariku about his abuse of his nephew. He really does love him, yes? His inner turmoil over the treatment of Bakura touched me. Almost made me forget what the situation was. Of course, Mariku is still an A-hole, but beautifully portrayed. He needs those electrodes hooked to his balls, and given a heavy dose of his own medicine. I was laughing so hard over Akefia's choice of vehicle for the abduction. A rusty colored van? Oh yeah, that fits the whole scenario perfect XD

And Bakura... oh, that poor baby D: By the end of the story, I was in tears for him. His gradual acceptance of his situation, along with the unusual turns in his interests and personality... I wish I could cuddle the snot out of him (of course I'm sure we'd all love a mini-Kura to huggle ;) ). It gave me a slight chill when Akefia saw his picture, and how he had colored the characters in it.

This one-shot really helped me gauge Akefia's character in "A Means of Force". Before, I couldn't really get a good grasp on him. But you have delivered a riveting tale that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. You really should get yourself insured, because your imagination is pure gold.

I'll be eagerly waiting for the next chapter of "A Means of Force", especially now that Akefia has been solidified for me. Happy writing, and Happy Spring to you as well X3
Okami Gyangu chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
I love this! I really enjoyed reading about Bakura's life when he was kidnapped when he was young, and how Akefia felt at the time. I hope that you update A means by force soon! :D