Reviews for Straw Hat Among Fairies
dreadlord 76 chapter 16 . 9/23
it's another great story the world building is detailed and so much fighting scene, but one thing bothering me is that the fighting scene took too long and the story were barely progress so i hope you are more focused on the adventure and the story rather just the fighting scene that actually took the whole chapter. alas it's still a great story
xaxiel1572 chapter 16 . 9/22
Glad to hear your fine and awesome chapter as always, and it couldn't have come at a better moment. Though I kinda feel like Erza is keeping up too well with this level of opponents too early.
FlamingSkyDragon chapter 16 . 9/18
That was super awesome, I really loved reading this chapter. I definitely enjoy how you're not making Erza a glorified cheerleader as you have said before, and you're delivering on that promise. I love your attention to armor, I never knew what a quirass was until I read this and googled it.
That scene you showed before, the one with Luffy choosing Levy as his partner, it got me super excited. Luffy realizing his own weaknesses just like in Arlong Park, where he knew he needed somebody to do the stuff he can't do, in this case, Levy to use her vast knowledge to help him. It also got me very confused if I want to see her in the harem, or as a testament to how Luffy befriends everyone, either is great, and I can't wait to see how you incorporate that. You also mentioned Erza and Mira, which got me thinking, are they judges, or are they contestants as well? HMMM, sorry, got a little bit of Pewdiepie going there.
The way you're developing Erza's relationship with Luffy is so organic. I've read fics where the girl was practically fawning over the guy for less, seeing something like this makes me excited to what will actually trigger her to develop romantic feelings for him.
I'm also curious as to how you're going to handle Luffy and Natsu, I mean, they're both Main Characters, so I'm interested in how you're going to handle who handles the Big Baddie of the arc, or maybe work together, or a mixture of both, that's what's amazing about your stories, I can never tell. Your incorporations of Monster Hunter creatures were awesome, I share the same sentiments about animals, so reading about these creatures in a Fic that has definitely become my number 1 favourite fic makes me extremely happy.
Oh, and I think Oda gave an explanation on why Luffy doesn't just spam Observation Haki and Conqueror's Haki all the time. He explained it in the Katakuri fight, Haki is something that depletes, so if Luffy doesn't feel his instincts trigger imminent danger, his Observation Haki doesn't activate unconsciously . In other situations, if he does use it all the time, it'll waste his energy to check every little thing. I'm also assuming it's easier for Luffy to beat up people regularly rather than spamming Conqueror's Haki all the time in order to just fight the Big Bad immediately, since Conqueror's Haki can be used to fight another Conqueror user, he'd rather save it up.
SPEAKING of Katakuri, I'm excited to see how you'll get Luffy to develop his Haki into being able to see the future and Snake Man to come into play. Maybe you could use speed as a trigger, an opponent so fast that Luffy HAS to see into the future in order to keep up, like say, Laxus, so he doesn't become the pushover that we think he'll be against Luffy.
I'm glad to hear that you're finally back in your own home AND have graduated College, congratz dude. I hope things will continue to look up for you in the future, and I also enjoy reading this because I can tell you're also enjoying writing this fic. That's the best part about a story. Thank you
viewing civilian chapter 16 . 9/18
I really like this story, and I’ve been following it since it’s like 3rd Chapter or so, but it almost feels like it’s dragging. To be honest, I’m starting to lose interest atm. Weighting is still fantastic, I’m just having trouble staying with this current arc. I know it’s not really constructive but I hope that my thoughts can help you and the story out in some way
Dp11 chapter 16 . 9/18
Nice to see the update, but feels a a bit slow right now. I hope the story will speed up a bit or else Luffy won't be back at fairy tail for a long time haha.
James123456lu chapter 16 . 9/18
Thanks for the really feels like your trying to do a lot of different things other than what most fanfiction people would do and i like that a lot.I kinda wish there were more scenes in interaction between more characters.
Lun3th chapter 5 . 9/18
So did you do away with conqueror Haki as it’s not listed in the encyclopaedia? If you have that’s pretty dissapointing as I don’t see why you would weaken Luffy even further then you already have. I’m also curious if he is going to learn magic. Which I think he should since Cana is able to learn Haki as other wise the time spent with fairy tail will feel kinda like a waste as you won’t have made any changes to canon Luffy other then to make him weaker.
Lun3th chapter 4 . 9/18
I’m confused shouldn’t Luffy have simply tamed the animal ? Fighting it the way he did made no sense if he can instantly tame it he put Cana and gray in danger for no reason. I get that you wanted there to be a fight but I don’t think you should ignore a part of Luffy’s power set so as to make your plot function...
Mugiwara N0 Luffy chapter 16 . 9/17
Man, what an action packed chapter! Just from the little preview you showed me, I can tell I barely scratched the surface on what you wrote!

Nice to see Erza up and about again. I'm actually a bit surprised we've spent so much time with Luffy and Erza working together before getting back home, not that it's a problem of course. Seeing the two spend some time together like this really opens up just how much of a strong pair they are, regardless of whether or not they get paired into a relationship. They're both finding strength in one another and making the most of it.

It was funny to see Luffy give Erza a baptism by fire when it came to showing her the types of Haki. It was a risky move going out to fight the animals like that, but definitely a move that Luffy would do. He's not shy to that sort of treatment by any means, so it makes sense that would be his way of introducing Erza to it.

I have to say, I'm also impressed by the number of beasts that you thought up for this chapter. It was reminding me a bit of the island Luffy was training with Rayleigh on with the amount that were coming out to fight them. I also didn't expect for the Wyvern to come out and give Luffy so much trouble. Of course, knowing Erza, she couldn't just leave him behind and made sure to help. Luffy certainly appreciated it.

So we've got a bunch more left to look forward to, huh? I'm certainly happy to hear that! I'll always look forward to more from you and this story :) Great job as usual man, keep up the good work!
MakubeDaKiddX chapter 16 . 9/17
Alright, this was a solid chapter. Greatly detailed fight with added ost to make it feel...REAL~ As always, you're making me love the dynamics between Luffy and Erza even more. Trying to teach her Haki during a fight is so Luffy. And you made me realize how very similar Erza and Nami is; What a twist. Funny thing is, the disclaimer we caught me off guard. I knew you were going to add other Hiro Story as you said were into the story, but to think it was Orage, had me blown back. And made me want to read it again in the near future. I can't wait to see what monster, items, etc from Hiro's other stories you're going to add. Team Luffy in space one day~ Not gonna lie, I expecting an update on Jellel, Tensei, you tease, lol. Can't wait to see Luffy and Erza get to Fairy Tail soon.

To think I found this story out of boredom waiting for my sister to finish her driving lessons years ago. Just you know, I plan to stick with this story till the very end. But you should have known from that start. I'm dedicated to this story as much as you are. Congrats on your success.

Keep em' up~
FlamingSkyDragon chapter 16 . 9/17
Holy crap, I was expecting to wait a few months, but BAM, you updated, coincidentally on my birthday, which makes this super awesome. I really wanna read this chapter, but I can't do that yet, because I loved this story so much, I decided to re-read it, at a slower pace. I don't want to just skip to this chapter, even though I'm so excited for it, I know I should've just read the chapter first and THEN reviewed, but I couldn't help myself, best birthday surprise ever.
RWBYpiece chapter 16 . 9/17
As soon as I saw names like Baggi and Barioth, I knew you were drawing inspiration from Monster Hunter. I've played the same game you have (mostly solo), and just about killed every monster at least once. Haven't played the other games, but I've seen enough to think that Kirin and Zinogre would be humorous additions due to Luffy's immunity to electricity. Lagiacrus could be really threatening seeing as it can fight in water.

Overall, I liked the chapter, especially when we're reading from the monster's perspective. Poor Erza, so young and already exposed to the 'survival of the fittest' aspect of nature.
CRUDEN chapter 16 . 9/17
Are we going to see laxus again any time soon
Gamelover41592 chapter 16 . 9/16
epic work on this chapter as always and nice way for Luffy to show Haki
BOW-B-4-ME chapter 15 . 9/10