Reviews for Nine Tenths of the Law
expiry 4.23 chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
I liked it rather a lot - especially the bits that read like poetry. That's one of my favourite styles of writing: the poetry embedded in prose.
The Untimely Demise of Kitten chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
Wow. That was disturbing and amazing. I loved the fresh, darker take on Maureen. It was very interesting but plausible and in-character as well. It made me think of Rent in a completely new light. The dialogue was great (especially Mark's), and your writing style is very fluid and engaging. Fantastic job.
xennous chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
Whoa. That was strong.

I've never seen psycho!Maureen, and I really don't know whether I like it or not. But you've written it incredibly well and believably. Nice and subtle, too.

I love your Mark. You gave him some kick-ass lines.

Yay for M/R undertones. I fear what Maureen will do to Mark. Meep.
CAPITALLETTERS chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
I didn't understand the last line... did Mimi have an affair with Maureen and then kill herself. Is there something going on between MArk and Roger and that's what was going on with her and looking at the door. Maybe I'm a moron, anyways, great story. Just a little confusing.
OverThexM00N chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Eep. Can you say 'wow'?

Maureen in a totally unexpected and disturbing light. But oddly enough I liked it.

Oh, shiver-down-the-spine creepiness.
burn to emerge chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
Morbid and disturbing, in the best possible way. The plot twists, and the subtle hints (Joanne's death and the WE'VE GOT A BETTER OFFER changed to WE'VE GOT AIDS). And yet my two favorite lines are fairly harmless. "She examined a rough cuticle on her pinky finger and debated whether or not to get pissy about it." and "I guess anything’s better than those Winnie the Pooh mittens. Every time you wiggled your thumb it looked like Piglet was raping Eeyore."
The Evil Queen's Pet chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
That was kinda freaky but good
Leondra chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
Wow. I got what you were getting at around the first mention of April, but, despite my hatred of Maureen, didn't want to believe it until the end. *shudders* Creppy, and beautifully written. I love the undertones of Mark/Roger.
Fortinbras chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
whoa, I know this story is wicked old, but it's really good, and it's an interesting take on Maureen.
a proud geekfreak chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
oh Lord! I don't even want to know how you got this idea for a story, but I LOVE IT! shows Maureen's true evil side! extremely good! I think you did a fanastice job of writing this! I loved it! so creepy and awesome! I'm going to go die now it was so creepy and good!
Butterflygurl chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
That is one scary portrayal of Maureen...Yikes!
MaidM chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Dude. Scary.
Raina Faye Sheridan chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
*sobs* That was disturbing. I read it through twice to get it, and then double checked with your reviewers. Kudos!
Morbid Muse chapter 1 . 12/3/2004
Wow. Creepy, crazy Maureen but in an understated way... very well done. I love your writing style. The way you explained everything a little bit at a time, the way your drew parallels between the Chinese food and the actions that happened, the interaction between the characters. Lovely, lovely story. I'm adding it to my Favoirte Stories list.
tangomaureen chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
maureens so wierd and crazy in this, but a quiet crazy, anyway, i loved it.

I love the part about Mark going to 'jot something down quickly' and dissapearing for hours and how maureen predicted it. ah, wonderful job.