Reviews for nine2five 1,15 The Real Me
Molotov chapter 2 . 5/10/2014
It probably says something about my personality, but I'm not here to be analyzed, but I do love when Sarah just can't help but love Chuck. When it becomes compulsion to her.
resaw chapter 4 . 9/2/2013
So funny! I'm not quite writhing on the floor like Carina, but that was a great description of the context of their marriage ceremony.

Nice recollection of Sarah's Texas accent from Honeymooners. That is a favourite scene of mine, and of most Chuck fans, I would imagine. Also, I like that you take elements from canon and weave them into your own story, drawing connections of one sort or another.

Good little mini-cliffhanger between Alex and Morgan. You are definitely keeping me captivated. I look forward to continuing on toward the conclusion.
resaw chapter 3 . 9/2/2013
I really like this line. If it's a commonplace, then I've never come across it before, so thank you for including it here: "You know what they say, what I don't know can kill me, but at least I won't see it coming."

A fun chapter, and nice to read a bit of your version of the backstory.
resaw chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
Awesome banter between Carina and Chuck. Chuck is as smooth as can be in his ability to welcome Carina back in, allow her to confess that she did something seriously bad, all while re-affirming their friendship.

This is an interesting piece: "to tell you the truth, Carina…I just don't feel it." Whether inspired by Sarah's own statement to Chuck in the series finale, after she learned the truth but without her old memories, she said something quite similar. Of course, in that context, it was devastating for the both of them; in this context for Chuck it is a word of grace to Carina.

Another great chapter!
resaw chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Change of pace: I'm going to comment on each chapter individually. First off, what are you getting at here: "Somewhere in the midst of all these preparations he managed to lose the mildly annoying awareness that something was wrong."?
Second, Ellie's observation that Morgan was there for Chuck in a deeply committed friendship sort of fashion was well written, and once again gives Morgan more credit than he was often given at least early in the series. I also need to say more often that I like the way that you portray Ellie as an active participant in this story, rather than the lied-to sister.

Another great line: A second later, Carina was physically shoved inside. She waved at him. "Hi, Chuck."

Loved this chapter!
ProjectOrion chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
Very fun episode, that wedding night was definitely a hoot.
garnetflint chapter 4 . 4/19/2013
Ok, nice story of their unusual wedding. I'm surprised the police were even able to keep up with Sarah. And Casey had their backs. I'm glad to see Carina off the hook for now. Really nice cliffhanger ending. I am already looking forward to rereading thises when they come out as one story!
KryptonitePoison chapter 4 . 4/2/2013
Great chapter. Sarah kidnapped a county clerk? The chapel of love. I love the Charleseses. I thought they went back home to celebrate. They need a real wedding with their friends and family. Thanks.
KryptonitePoison chapter 3 . 4/2/2013
Sorry I'm late with this. I like the elopement story. Sarah driving like a bat out of hell wearing night vision goggles was way cool. Chuck shooting out that light with one shot was awesome. Did Chuck trick Sarah into marrying him? And did he somehow make Sarah take Casey's phone? What did Sarah help Bryce with and why did she have to help him? I love Chuck & Sarah cuddling while they talned about their elopement, and Chuck worrying if Sarah knew how much he loves her. I loved their banter as well. Thanks for this.
ChuckFanForever chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
No I didn't miss this! I just learnt that I should read your stories a couple times at least before reviewing! A nice homage to the brilliant Chuck Vs the Honeymooners! No wonder that Sarah wants to get married again, the Oceans o Elvises and Luv? Gahahhaahha!
Arya's prayers chapter 4 . 3/27/2013
Loved the night vision flight to get there, kidnapping a county clerk, the clerks 'revenge', the Charleseses, the bridesmaid (HE was a Priscilla impersonator)...

Tell me they're going to get a do over, right?!
Sudden Radiance chapter 4 . 3/23/2013
I really loved this Marc! The depth contained within your minimalistic style is so impressive! There's a lot going on here.

One would expect that the decision to get married would dominate a fast ride to Las Vegas. However, the events of the last few hours require full mission mode. The gravitas is focused on staying alive. When Chuck has doubts about his father's plan, there's no indication his worries are about being married. From Sarah's perspective, none of this avoidance is surprising and it's likely deliberate.

Later, when the big moment arrives, you dig out the Charleses, or is it Charleseses, from canon, a great move! Obviously, Sarah can justify this is an attempt to protect the cover, but I love how you reveal much more. Sarah needed to be the "Southern dingbat" just to get to the altar. She even seems to need the cover of the veil, though real, in order to "be herself in his eyes". This point is consistent with the Sarah you presented early in the series just after the wedding where, outside of the bedroom, she had some trouble relating to Chuck. Told in flashback form, Sarah's behavior in the present, where she can flop onto Chuck and be "appallingly comfortable" (such a great phrase!) reflects the growth she's made. Even though the night started out and even concludes as a mission, in their own way, both Chuck and Sarah make this step together such that "love conquered all other sensations." After a quick hotel honeymoon, their life together begins.

One side point - all of this is so plausible and could have been the perfect setup to Season 3. It's probably time to stop lamenting the poor decisions of the show runners, but you have shown there was a way to keep building tension with Chuck and Sarah in a much more believable place.

Anyway, I have been really anticipating this part of your story and you delivered! Aces Marc! Aces! Thank you!
KryptonitePoison chapter 2 . 3/23/2013
The alien probing Carina thing was funny, but it's also kinda sexy. I loved Sarah and Ellie and Beckman listening to Chuck and Carina. I loved Sarah getting hot listening to Chuck. I loved how Sarah rushed to cuddle with Chuck after hearing what he said to Carina. Your killing me with kindness, funny. "Boxers." Sarah wanted to do more than cuddle. Sarah's knives. Mrs. Bunny Rabbit. Poor Chuck, that lettuce wasn't getting it. "She'd have gutted me like a trout if I hadn't.", really funny. Chuck said "we got married" like it was a bad thing. Thanks for the chapter.
PeterOinNYC chapter 4 . 3/21/2013
Great chapter to end this episode. Sorry so late to the party with this review but oddly enough I was working in Vegas and could only read this on my phone. Reviewing on an iPhone? Yeah, no!

Anyway, so loved the Honeymooners tie in for the honeymoon (that's their story and they're sticking to it), the Ocean's of Elvis chapel and Priscilla the bridesmaid. But ... even more .. I loved their vows and the thoughts that led up to their vows. "Today, tomorrow and forever" ... and her "soul rang like a bell". "A mask in front of a mask. Too many masks." "She could be herself in his eyes... " "I will. I do. Yes."

So even though the honeymoon is over, I hope you give a glimpse of Sarah finally getting her husband home in the next episode.

Thanks again for sharing this with us.
grandetiopaco chapter 4 . 3/20/2013
No wonder they want another wedding! I like that no matter how bad or tacky, it's still wonderful to them. Uh Oh Morgan!