Reviews for Haunted- The 99th Annual Hunger Games
HopeAndFaithAndCharity chapter 9 . 10/14/2014
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT YOU'VE SEEN GIRL VS MONSTER! That song is the best ever. I sing it all the time. I love your story, and will finish reading it presently.
NintenGirl2002 chapter 39 . 8/29/2013
Awww... Poor Madeline. I was voting for her, you gave her justice. I wonder who will win though?
Jess chapter 44 . 8/27/2013
An absolutely brilliant story and a great piece of writing. Up until the halfway stage in the games it was interesting and something to read in my spare time whilst ignoring the typos but it became more than that for me around the chapter Skyfall. I started loving the characters personality, your writing got much better and you started to relay emotion. So much so that in the last chapter my eyes actually welled up. I loved your idea of putting songs extracts and names in for your chapters to sum up what was and has happened. Your writing was a little predictable as you got to the halfway stage in the games I expected either Hudson or River would win. More likely Hudson but I really loved it and once I have finished writing this I will go straight onto Oblivion.
jess chapter 30 . 8/26/2013
Just pointing out there are a few typos in this chapter but up until now this has been excellently written and a great story
OkIvy chapter 44 . 8/27/2013
Your writing did improve, I expected Madeline o go rather and Rose too Gabe Tex went farther honestly all of them were heartbreaking to me, I didn't expect river to win but hey she's alive and well except for the fact that Leon died I love this story I see it all as a beautiful yet tragic story I think there are no weaknesses that I see so thank you for writing this story it's truly beautiful :) R.I.P. Fallen Tributes you will be remembered by many v_v
Coconut Juice chapter 44 . 8/27/2013
Aww... poor River. She certainly deserved to be victor though. Well sorta(Hudson, poor thing. He was super duper close!)... Go Domi! :) Nice job finishing your Syot. Gosh this makes me guilty... must fix laptop D:
HungerGamer98 chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
I love it so far! I absolutely ADORE the idea of her being self-made into a killer. It's riveting.
Neenee01 chapter 25 . 8/27/2013
I love the relationship with ky and icelynne! It's sooo cute. I also love vetch so much. He's so cute and he reminds me of forest gump _. Love your story!
CrazyFangirlxoxo chapter 42 . 8/26/2013
WOW these last few chapters were so intense! It sucks that Dotti died when she got so far. But I guess that after her I would want River... Don't worry, no hard feelings, I will still be a loyal reader to oblivian! Thanks for writing Dotti so well and taking her so far :)
jessicallons-y chapter 44 . 8/25/2013
I am speechless right now. I love SYOTs so much and submitting to them makes me so happy but not once do I believe that my character would win. It was the same in TallTalesInk's first story and it was the same here. I know I haven't been around much especially with reviews but I've been reading and you never failed to disappoint me with your story and I'm so happy right now, you have no idea.

1. Has my writing improved from the first chapter? Definite yes. You've really improved as the chapters went on and I've noticed it. A few grammar and spelling errors would be noticed but nothing permanent and nothing too noticeable.

2. Which tribute(s) did you expect to get farther than in the story? Hudson and Aden and they both did go far. At one point, I was really rooting for Aden to win.

3. Which tribute(s) went farther than you expected? Petra and Gabe. To be honest, I never really put much attention on them but I re-read and their scenes and they seem pretty cool.

4. Which tributes deaths were the most shocking? Most brutal? Most heartbreaking? Well when Madeline died I didn't really know what to feel. I never thought she'd win because mental tributes don't really win in the end. I just imagined sometimes how she'd die, maybe more brutal than what was portrayed. Nevertheless, I'm glad it was River who killed her.

5. Did you expect River to win? Can't believe River won. I loved the last chapter where you pretty much explained why she won in the first place and not Hudson. He was expected to win by me. It was indeed a shocker that River won instead of him. It's heartbreaking that she was forced to marry someone she barely knew while she was still getting over Leon's death.

6. What is my strength when writing from what you've read from Haunted? My weakness? Being able to portray all the characters so well is a pat on the back. You're also not bad with first person which is good. Perhaps you should practice more on imagery. It would also be good to play around with symbolisms that would make your story have more depth. The writing was good though over all. Much better than at least half of the attempted SYOTs out there. The mere fact that you managed to complete this makes you a good author already. I've experienced that SYOTs can definitely be hard to finish but you've done it. Bravo!

7. A couple thoughts on each of your Gamemakers for next years' Games, Icelynne, Izzy, Lucina, Hunter, Ky, and now Calloway.– All your gamemakers had originality which was really good. I enjoyed reading about them, even if I usually just focus on the tributes with these kinds of stories. I'm excited for Calloway to join them too because with his whole rebellious personality, he'd shake things up. A part of me is really hoping that River would learn to love him too because he seems really sweet.

That's a wrap! I hope this makes up for my disappearance in reviewing... I'll try my very best to review every once in a while in your sequel. Good luck and thank you, Domi!

–jess
AngelElevens chapter 44 . 8/25/2013
What just happened... I don't know, but, oh. my. gosh.

1. Has my writing improved from the first chapter?: DEFINITELY. This was the best chapter. really.

2. Which tribute(s) did you expect to get farther than in the story?: Well, I don't know, I expected Hudson to win, but that's not the case, apparently.

3. Which tribute(s) went farther than you expected?: River. I didn't have any thoughts of her victory when I anonymously read the other chapters.

4. Which tributes deaths were the most shocking? Most brutal? Most heartbreaking?: Dottinette's, I thought she'd last... and Aden's was so sudden, he was very quick to demise in this chapter.

5. Did you expect River to win?: I actually didn't...

6. What is my strength when writing from what you've read from Haunted? My weakness?: Mystery. You create a voice that sometimes isn't true, but you know when it isn't true, and- does that make sense? No.

mikitty bast chapter 43 . 8/25/2013
;_; STOP MAKING ME CRY! *District 12 salute.* Good luck everyone in the net games..
mikitty bast chapter 42 . 8/25/2013
I'm crying, I was so scared. You did great Aden. I'm just scared for Lena and the babies. :( Thanks for accepting him on short notice.
mikitty bast chapter 41 . 8/25/2013
C'mon Aden! Or Hudson, I like both of you.
mikitty bast chapter 40 . 8/25/2013
I'm sorry Bow-Wow. If it makes you feel better, I was rotting for her to win.