Reviews for The Cat
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 2/14
Terry's FICs were wonderful. She'll be missed.

I loved the cat story. You definitely understand the mind of a cat. It reminded me of the time our cat got the very expensive swordfish steak off the counter, ate part of it, and ruined the rest. She ended up with the whole thing. Clever kitty.
decadent folly chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Nice personification of the cat! The cat was a bit too egotistical. Kind of reminds me of someone. haha. The story was nicely written although I find it too long, or maybe because it was the POV of a cat. Makes me wonder what the story would be like if the characters in RK turned to cats.

Like everyone else, I'm sorry about Terry McElrath's passing. If she were here, she would be touched that people are making a memoriam for her.
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
I was laughing all through the battle scene. Great and entertaining tour inside the mind of a cat!

On a more somber note, I'm sorry to hear of Terry's passing.

And it was great hearing from you once more Omasu! Hope you are doing well _

...Ahh, forgot to login in my previous attempt..! I am still such a noob..
Guest chapter 1 . 3/15/2013

On a more somber note, I'm sorry to hear of Terry's passing.

And it was great hearing from you once more Omasu! Hope you are doing well _
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Oh, brilliant! I love your cat and its cunning plan(s) and the way it deliberately crunched into the fish right as Kenshin watched. Of course that is something cats would do :-)
conspirator chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Absolutely one of your finest! I laughed all the way through. On a more somber note, I hadn't heard about the passing of Terry McElrath. Another blow to fanfic-dom.
Ms. Zeal chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Hey, Omasu!

Very cute story! I like everything from the cat's point of view! :) "He unsheathed his claws, preparing for battle." I laughed at that. It reminds me of a couple youtube videos I've watched (Cat Turns Treat Monster comes to mind, although that cat doesn't put up nearly as much of a fight). There is only one thing I would point out. You state in the author's notes that this takes place during episode three. Sanosake isn't introduced until episode four and doesn't hang out at the dojo until episode six. It doesn't bother me and the only reason I know this is because I recently watched the first five episodes trying to get back in RK. Just thought you should know. Terry was crushed when she had posted the first three chapters of Kyuushutsu with Katsura's second in command, and was later informed by a reviewer he was killed in the OVA while Kenshin was living with Tomoe, although he was only named in the Japanese version. She went back and added Uchida, but she really kicked herself over not researching enough and finding out he was already dead before adding him to the story.

Anyway, you did a wonderful job with this fic. It's very cute and I'm sure Terry would have loved it. :)

-Schala
MrFoshizzlePro chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
What a marvelous story my friend! I loved every bit of it. Very, very good. I was thinking of doing something that dealt with either Kenji or an animal for my tribute to Terry, but it looks as though you've beaten me to one idea haha This was most wonderful to read. Thank you very much for writing my friend.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
As much as I love Kenshin, I was cheering for the cat. I did feel sorry for Kenshin at the end though.
Sunnepho chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
What a perfect rendition of feline superiority! I especially like the rational observation of exactly why the cat could not pass through the window slats that went through the cat's mind while he was rather ridiculously stuck. The "battle" scene made me grin like a loon.