Reviews for L'Aimant
hazeleyes571 chapter 62 . 10/24
Given how much you have on your RL plate, I am (as always) in awe of the quality and consistency of your work. You have spun a wonderful variation of the original episode, reworked into an original story in a very satisfying manner.
I'm not going to leave quite as long a review as 'Dances...', but would definitely write a large 'ditto' in the appropriate place!

maryjoeh chapter 10 . 10/16
I am enjoying this story quite a lot. I'm also enjoying the little 'back stories' you are sharing in your notes too! Thanks.
Wolseley37 chapter 62 . 10/5
Everything in this chapter is so well executed: the unwinding of the scene between Kiefer and Griffiths, the winding up of the tension in the case against Longmate, the dashes of humour with Guy and even Davis and his dog, and then the lovely tease of domestic bliss at Steep Lane. I have to second all the points made by dancesabove, as those are my feelings, too! The chapter reads wonderfully, all the voices so well presented. Especially Foyle's voice, which you pretty much own in the world of FanFic. No one captures the nuances of his speech - or silence - as well as you do, dear GiuC! A superb chapter.
flutterbye52000 chapter 62 . 9/28
Not so hard to have patience here, it's worth it.
sherlock1921 chapter 62 . 9/24
Wonderful just wonderful! I am in awe of how you keep up your high standard of writing. It's clear that you love your characters and you always do them justice. Especially liked the way you slipped in a small cameo of Guy. A pleasure to read from first to last word and i didn't really notice the lack of "smut". mind you looking forward to the next chapter!

dancesabove chapter 62 . 9/23
This was such a pleasure to beta and consider as an altogether fascinating (and to me, preferable) alternative to canon. Though our dear Giu fretted about not getting to the smut this chapter, I was sure readers would enjoy this almost as much. Some of the random comments and choice bits I as I read (if I quote it may at times be unedited versions of text):

How I love Brookie in this!
“Brooke’s foot pressed harder. ‘Nah. You tripped, Mate. Seems to me you want to watch your step. In lots of ways. You’re nicked, so stick a flag in that.’”

This brilliant description of Kiefer:
“Ironically, although his uniform and rank made him the logical choice for honorary deputy, he was in fact the fox guarding the henhouse.”

The entire amazing sequence in which Kiefer loses control and scares the hell out of Griffiths. Masterfully written, so well capturing the characters. I’m also impressed by the back story you’ve created for Griffiths.

Having worked for many committees, I loved “In more sardonic mode, it niggled Foyle that members of a small committee couldn’t plan a peacetime celebration without one man trying to carve a piece out of another. But then, that was committees for you.”

Literally lol'd at “Paul looked up from his paperwork. His boss’s face wore a jovial cast that Milner hadn’t witnessed since the day that Mr Reid had nearly lost his index finger to a confiscated ferret.”

And this was SOOO Foyle:
“Iris extended her hand to Paul, then addressed Foyle. ‘Mrs Foyle fully recovered, I trust, Chief Superintendent?’
Foyle’s face spelt pleasure. ‘Yess—and blooming.’
Iris nodded with wryly suppressed amusement. ‘So pleased. What brings you to my door?’
Dipping at the knees, Foyle curved a shoulder into the request. ‘Hoping you can grant us the authority to search a premises.’”

This sentence made me comment: Ack! Wish I could write like this! :
“Foyle watched her try to brazen out the lie. Wide-eyed, she had the look of prey when neither he nor Milner could reasonably be cast as predators. Smoothly, Foyle turned away to halve the perceived threat, and Paul took his boss’s cue to soften the atmosphere.”

Thought Davis guileless apologies for his dog were hilarious, especially as it was just starters for comeuppance for Longmate. Also the interweaving of Wolseley37’s unscrupulous lawyer.

You sure have me eager for the next chapter, but to say there is no sex in this one is inaccurate… by the time Sam is admiring, then enjoying Our Hero’s “delicious, fascinating, mobile mouth,” my insides are swooping before we even arrive at “Sam’s insides swooped as he enveloped her finger…”

And a lovely and touching notion, having Christopher sympathize with Georgie’s plight.

Entirely satisfying return, dear GiuliettaC! Please follow up soonest!

[Please excuse typos/inconsistencies; writing rapidly after working 11 hours straight and packing, and before embarking on a trip!]
brandstifterin chapter 62 . 9/23
Only recently discovered Foyle's War so am devouring fics at the mo; loving this and your other work :)
cmee57 chapter 62 . 9/22
Bravo! Griffiths and Zeigler live and Major Kiefer is redeemed. So much better than the original plot, but don't tell you know who that!
cmee57 chapter 61 . 9/22
Sorry to be so tardy in reading and reviewing this chapter. Well done as always!
Bookworm Kate chapter 62 . 9/22
Very glad that Griffiths and Kiefer could figure things out a bit. I liked the way Foyle handled things throughout this chapter and felt you had his voice down pat when he was dealing with Longmate. And, of course, a lovely little tidbit at the end in the kitchen. Looking forward to the next installment, and very glad to see you are still working on this story!
Jean Dee chapter 62 . 9/22
Lovely to see you back. Great chapter and you covered such a lot of ground. Your writing is always appreciated and makes me hungry for more. Thank you so much.
AnneBronteRocks chapter 62 . 9/21
The depth you've given Griffiths is positively marvelous. His face-to-face encounter with Kieffer was superb.

Big ol' grin on my face from the pleasantly unexpected cameo of Guy in this chapter.

And your continued campaign of punishing Longmate is delightful. [Snorts with laughter]

All in all, a new chapter from you is always a bright spot in my day, and this didn't disappoint.
Kailin chapter 62 . 9/21
Another chapter! Yay! I've been missing this crew, and it was so nice to see the update! Wonderful as always, my dear.
Rhonllor chapter 62 . 9/21
Fantastic! Major Keifer's conscience is saved, Griffith's life is saved, Zeigler is saved, and good luck getting out of this Longmate you smarmy so-and-so. Awesome long chapter! Can't wait for the next one!
hazeleyes571 chapter 61 . 9/15

Love how you have 're-imagined' the actual episode so that we can 'see' what happened in the alley with the characters we know.
Sorry it's taken so long to review, RL busy of late, and I have only just managed to read the whole chapter at last (constant interruptions!).
I do like Geraldine and Iain, it's easy to see why Sam turned out the way she did, and for our purposes, could see the point of marrying an older man!

Thanks for posting!