Reviews for L'Aimant
mamadillo chapter 63 . 3/9
Been a while since this has been added to. I had hoped to get to see how James Devereaux and Alan Deakin fit into this AU. But it is a wonderful place to visit as is.
NatesDate chapter 40 . 9/22/2017
I thought of this story as I listened to a short podcast from the National Archives about The Well of Loneliness. The title of the podcast is "Unfolding the court case that banned a 1920s lesbian novel" and my first thought was whether it was the book referenced in your story, and sure enough, it was. The podcast date is 11 Sept 2017, in case you are curious.
NatesDate chapter 63 . 9/7/2017
Given how many times I've read the entirety of this story, I feel guilty for not having left a review. I just finished it again and decided I had to let you know how truly enjoyable the story is. Reading this story is like watching episodes of FW in my head, because I can see the characters saying and doing all these things. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to reading more whenever that may be.
eyesforfiction chapter 63 . 5/30/2017
I am really enjoying this story so far. When will I get more? For goodness sake they haven't even bought a bassinette yet and the baby's due soon!
katiek1952 chapter 63 . 5/7/2017
I just reread your story and so hope that you continue it. My all time favorite!
Guest chapter 63 . 2/13/2017
I love this story. I hope that time and circumstances will allow you to finish it some day.
Guest chapter 63 . 1/23/2017
I have just rewatched all of the episodes of FW, AND i have just discovered the wonderful world of fanfiction. I am a dedicated fan of Sam/Foyle, and was so sad that the show ignored their obvious chemistry. I would have been okay with Sam/Andrew, but the introduction of Adam's character was unnecessary and irritating. I do not like him, and watching them together makes me uncomfortable. Thanks for writing and sharing this beautiful story with us. Hopefully, you can continue posting this story, as I am starved for FW fanfic.
Guest chapter 63 . 1/21/2017
Love, love, love, this brilliant story, and all of your fanfics. Foyle's War is a favorite series, and I have just discovered fanfiction. Sam/Foyle is the only way to go, and Adam was a big mistake made by the show. He is quite irritating and beneath Sam, and While I might have accepted Sam with Andrew, Sam with anyone not a Foyle is simply wrong. Thanks for fixing one of the worst tragedies in the series. This story is wonderful, and circumstances permitting, this fan eagerly pleads that this story is continued and finished.
Guest chapter 63 . 1/21/2017
I have just discovered Foyle's War, and am so sad at the lack of good fanfics. Sam/Foyle and Sam/Andrew are my favorite ships, and I am hoping that somehow, time permitting, that you can complete this awesome story you have begun. I am a fan, and thank you for sharing your writing with us readers. I look forward to reading more should you ever consider finishing this story.
Guest chapter 63 . 1/21/2017
I have just found your writing, and I am absolutely in love with Sam/Foyle as a pairing. There are simply not enough fanfics for Foyle's War, and there are not enough Sam/Foyle fanfics. If you are still writing fanfiction, I beg and implore you to continue and finish this story. It is amazing, and one of the best fanfics that I've read in any fandom. Thanks for writing and sharing. I truly hope you are well and that you will post more soon.
gibbsgalsa chapter 42 . 11/24/2016
I won't miss a foot note - loved this one... 'He never spoke much about the war, but the two things he did tell me were that a) the artillery noise at El Alamein was bloody loud and bloody terrifying, and b) war cured him of volunteering for anything, ever again' your father was onto something there! Puts a whole lot of things in perspective. AS for the chapter... surprised Sam wasnt a bit more offended with Foyle and the whole DC Harding's wife scenerio. Great writing though. I am annoyed at Foyle for not putting his foot down about Sam wandering around at night, knowing about the killings... he should have told her too... makes for good writing though ;) nice job!
gibbsgalsa chapter 34 . 11/22/2016
Omg... chapter 34! Poor Sam, what a reunion evening...

And The foot note '"Come here, kitchen slave." There was a squeal, and Sam found herself seized and rolled across him...
Something—can't think what—made me want to capitalise the 'K' in 'kitchen'.'
Made Me chortle... thanks for that! Too funny.
Guest chapter 30 . 11/21/2016
Lol... so your footnotes and references make me smile as much as the whole story! Bravo... but this 'Warning: this chapter contains plot.' Made me laugh out loud! Glad no one is sleeping!
gibbsgalsa chapter 10 . 11/18/2016
This is an interesting story and the chapter made me laugh... I always thought I wouldn't like Sam's mother... this is a much better picture of her then what I have ever had... haha. Also this bit made me crack up 'A little thin on top, perhaps, but really, if one insisted on hair these days, what with the market so challenged…' funny... great story and good to know I have lots more to read.
Merwy chapter 63 . 7/14/2016
Still so very satisfying on the second readthrough too ;-) thank you.