Reviews for The Champion and The Shepherd
Tes1 chapter 28 . 7/7
I'm guessing this story isn't continuing huh? It is a great story I really wish to continue. I'm really curious to see where this all goes to see how the hawkes deal with finding Miranda and sorry I wonder if Bethany likes Samantha. Anyway hopefully it continues would love to see Shepard against the qun and be involved with the war between mages and Templars.
I kinda did find the bantering between the companions kind of annoying. You can only hear them argue for so long before you decide to go on your own.
LordByakuran36 chapter 27 . 1/24
Shame we won't she the connection with the Hawke's and the Reapers song since this story is operationally dead.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/31/2014
I'm not saying Liara is right about magic science but as far as her saying that the research necessary to study almost literally anything properly is under-developed (and yes primitive) is accurate. Their entire planet is definitely primitive compared to us, not even going into Shepard's time. They're in the ages of swords after all, their technology isn't capable of proper research.
The characters might find it to be offensive but well... there is at least several hundred years difference.
Red Jeanie chapter 28 . 7/14/2014
if polishing it up will help you to keep writing this story go for it!
Lord-Duguerre chapter 28 . 6/20/2014
how ironic that your choices affect the outcome of the story. i just recently found this story looking for some inspiration for some Dragon Age/Mass Effect fandom. both of you are excellent writers, and it shows in how well each chapter flows almost seamlessly into the next (maybe not perfect, but that's just healthy criticism and a growing love for your story!)

looking forward to where you go with this story. i'll be having my own fun with ideas as lordsantiago on deviantart.
Guest chapter 20 . 6/12/2014
I just read your chapter 20 authors note, and I'm not sure if its because you're post the edit you were talking about, but I've found myself enjoying this story. Anyways, the scene with Carver I read, I'm really surprised Shepard didn't do more to him. The guy was so beyond being a prick that I doubt I would have held back, and I'm generally extremely neutral, where everything just washes over me unless I'm being specifically targeted and relentlessly attacked. She showed restraint there. Anyways, enjoyable story, I'm not sure where the negative reviewers you were talking about are coming from, some really funny moments have been found in this story, and it never felt what I'd call badly written. So long story short, great job never what I'd call an unreasonably unbelievable moment, I say unreasonable like 'Shepard lands and immediately invites Hawke's companions to fight the Reapers, and every one of them instantly becomes just as skilled as the Shepard squad, and in some cases more skilled and never has a more than superficial awe of the wonders of going from Thedas to the Mass Effect galaxy.'. There were never incredulity stretching moments like that. So again, good job, couldn't have done better myself.
snachie1 chapter 28 . 5/15/2014
I like your story and would like to see where it goes. I hope you update soon.
thepkrmgc chapter 28 . 5/10/2014
if the reboot doesnt work out could you post the non chronological chapters you have written and acompanying notes ? it would be a shame for your hard work to go to waste
thepkrmgc chapter 27 . 5/10/2014
yay for peace on rannoch, i thought it wasnt going to work out without shep in charge but im glad to be wrong

its weird seeing this scene without talimance, but you missed legions "i know" at the end
thepkrmgc chapter 26 . 5/10/2014
i was wondering what was going on back on thedas, and worried that you had abandoned the concept of varrics narration

speaking of varric, how does he know what happened on the normandy, a few months of private conversations and thoughts from multiple people is quite a secondhand story
thepkrmgc chapter 25 . 5/10/2014
shepard doesnt need space magic to blow things up indeed, and garrus has never lost his deadpan humor, a lolworthy chapter!
thepkrmgc chapter 24 . 5/10/2014
TALI! hope she plays a big part in the story, she could probably relate to whatever the hawkes did with the dalish (seriously why do they speak fluentelven when even the dalish only use a few words of it)

poor joker, his losses are a lot more personal then most of the crews

its always bugged me how little shep is traumatised by events in game, sole surivior shep should have issues with thresher maws, and post me1 have a fear of being spaced
thepkrmgc chapter 23 . 5/10/2014
aria laughing is OOC if there ever was such a thing, but hawkes treatment of her sure made me LOL

liara's slip of the tounge confirms it, seran/seren shepard it is
thepkrmgc chapter 22 . 5/10/2014
out of curiousity, why did you set javiks recruitment now?

and this chapters WAG is that shep's first name is an alternate spelling of saren like sayran or something