Reviews for Harry Potter and the Butterfly Effect
Idea of making harry the pawn. Absolutely genius! (to people that haven't read yet, you won't understand this properly unless you read the story, which I highly recemend.)
slytherclaw7 chapter 26 . 7/20
My favorite chapter of the whole story, which I have reread multiple times. I loved Ginnys
nadyr chapter 3 . 7/3
Perry? I couldn’t focus on the chapter with this in mind. Hope this was misspelt, although how considering where the keys are placed is confusing.
Cateagle chapter 7 . 6/23
*snicker* I love that departure and the frustration Dumbledore receives; methinks it's only fair for the frustration dealing with him has given many others over the years.
68phoenix chapter 31 . 6/14
good fic. I wish you had done more of a epilogue to include at least Luna. over all though it's a will put together fic that keeps you entertained and reading.
Dobby99 chapter 31 . 2/23
I just finished your story and I absolutely love it! :3 Great work! The wait for Ginny was definitely worth it xD The only thing that I didn't like was the manipulative Dumbledore. I know he was manipulative in canon but not to this extent and it hurt my heart to read it, as well as the Weasleys... xD But it was alright, because it belongs to your story.
RHJunior chapter 22 . 2/19
factoid: "Turn the other cheek" does not mean what people think.

At the time of Jesus, striking someone deemed to be of a lower class with the back of the hand was used to assert authority and dominance. If the persecuted person "turned the other cheek," the discipliner was faced with a dilemma. The left hand was used for unclean purposes, so a back-hand strike on the opposite cheek would not be performed. An alternative would be a slap with the open hand as a challenge or to punch the person, but this was seen as a statement of equality. Thus, by turning the other cheek the persecuted was demanding equality... and showing themselves to be the better man by not returning insult for insult.

Christianity is not pacifist, so much as passive-aggressive ;)
"Wah, wah, Dumbledore is bad! Let's talk shit about him behind his back while we hide away from all the problems of the Wizarding World like the hypocritical cowards we are!"

Instantky disliked the Flamels, and the story, because you are doubtlessly trying to make us dislike Dumbledore by feeding us loads of information that any sane person able to think for themselves would realize is extremely bias. Not to mention the same rhetoric that everyone that writes Harry Potter fics spouts. Dumbledore was remarkably HUMAN in canon, but everyone takes that and twists him (or tries to) into someone utterly unrealistic and unlikable. Good job for furthering the bullshit.

But at least your more recent stories are leaps and bounds better, so I guess there's no reason for condeming you for this story.
RamblingMadness chapter 31 . 12/31/2016
So I spent the last nine hours reading this fanfic and I have to say that it was really good. The writing was all well done, although there were mistakes that I noticed, but nothing's perfect anyway. And for a free fanfiction it might as well have been perfect compared to the standard.

As to the story itself I quite liked it. I have to say that it was a relief when Harry and Ginny finally reunited, mostly because the misery of Harry losing loved ones had ended. Actually, now that I think about it, it was a rather jarring transition. I can't remember the amount of time that passed in story (I've always been pretty bad about keeping track of that) but I know that soon after the deaths of Sirius and Remus, Harry went to Hogwarts. What was jarring was how quickly the content lightened for a little. Harry seemed to recover (a little) from the emotional trauma of losing so many people in a short time too quickly. Not that I really wanted to read angst, but it was kinda unrealistic. Then again, I've never personally experienced tragedy to that degree myself so I don't know.

Anyway, despite all that I'm glad to have read the story, and I'm thinking I will read another of your newer fanfictions soon. Thanks for writing and sharing!
Mboy chapter 31 . 12/5/2016
Too many clichés but thé writing was good enough that it wasn't that annoying .
Fniktor chapter 4 . 12/3/2016
Chapter 4: i very well hope dumbledore is severely punished for letting poor ginny forget about her savior
twistyguru chapter 17 . 11/13/2016
Tremendously enjoying this story thus far, and now I really can't wait to see how Harry deals with Dumbles when he finds out (as he inevitably must) that Dumbles betrayed Sirius and Remus. Arianna had the right of it when she asked who appointed Dumbles the keeper of all knowledge? The manipulative old bastard needs to pay for his crimes, and I only hope that some small part of that payment is in the coin that will hurt him the most-for his vaunted status as "Leader of the Light" to be (properly) destroyed right in front of him.
twistyguru chapter 4 . 11/12/2016
Re: your comments in your A/N about how you "would unavoidably be rehashing other people's stories". Yes, there's so much fanfiction out there it's unavoidable; you're managing to write your own stories well. And, depending on who you ask, there are between 6 and 15 basic plots PERIOD, so I stopped worrying about that years ago. Attribute, yes; be quick to point out where you've recycled ideas (especially when it's pointed out to you), certainly. Worry about it overmuch? Nah.

I'm so glad I found you as an author! Looking forward to reading the rest of your work. I am truly enjoying this story about a Harry raised by the Flammels-it's one of the rare tropes that hasn't been beaten to death in fanfiction.
myflyingbroomstick chapter 1 . 11/5/2016
I KNOW Dumbledore isn't supposed to be sympathetic in this story, but I pity him. I feel sorry for him, I really do. He's trying to save the world from Voldy and it hurts him, but everybody else just thinks he's so horrible, even his own dead sister. Nobody is even trying to understand him.
BillBrink chapter 31 . 11/3/2016
This second reading was just as good as the first. Thanks for sharing it.