Reviews for Harry Potter and the Butterfly Effect
Moderntimes 101 chapter 4 . 10/15
Started reading this story today, I’ve read Thorny Rose many times, it’s among the best Hinny fanfiction ever written. Thank you so much for posting it. Was going to read it again when I decided to check you profile again, found this story previously overlooked.
The way you’ve written about Ginny here is really sweet. And you made Harry win over Voldy’s Horcrux without Fawkes. Good writing. But somehow you replaced Ron with Dumbledore, then made him act like Ron. Apart from a quick wandless Expelliarmus, he was rather useless, he was bested by Lockhart, it took him 10 minutes to get a few loose stones out of the way. Lockhart would never willingly jump down that hole, he would’ve waited in the bathroom and made his move when they came back up. The Flanders used to live in Paris, why can’t they go there? Let Harry pick up another language. I reserve my question if you did just that in later chapters. One more thing, Molly and Arthur were never members of the Order during first Wizard War. The way Dumbledore asks Molly in Book 5 makes this indisputable. It makes sense, they had their large family to worry about, and desperately tried to make one a girl.
tomascatts chapter 2 . 8/17
Dumbledore : I left you at the Dursleys, to be beaten and abused for 9 years and never once checked to see if you were okay. Sorry.
Harry : that's okay since you're sorry.
Me : another Harry is a pussy story
Hit1903 chapter 31 . 7/28
I don't know why but I hated this story. Your trilogy and hail odesys were great. All that training harry went through and the death toll was higher than canon.
Daryl Gragg chapter 31 . 6/25
very well done. I have enjoyed your story.
Sourcewalker chapter 31 . 6/22
Brilliant story. An emotional ride. i love it. Thank you for sharing your work with us. Stay safe and healthy!
Sourcewalker chapter 19 . 6/22
Well...goodness gracious. I love the idea of seeing things happen from Ginny's point of view. I can say that I never like Percy and in more than a few storys it went further than simple dislike, but your Percy...he takes the cake. I salute thee, your story made me experience a broad range of emotions.
reader777667 chapter 31 . 6/11
I really love this story!
JustinOtherFictionFan chapter 31 . 5/9
This was a fun read. Thanks for helping me through quarantine. On to Thorny Rose.
JustinOtherFictionFan chapter 25 . 5/7
I really like your character development here. For Ginny.
JustinOtherFictionFan chapter 23 . 5/7
Just as enjoyable the second time around :)
JustinOtherFictionFan chapter 15 . 5/7
"pop her clogs" Love it. Learned a new British idiom that I didn't hear during my 2 years in the Greater Manchester area.
JustinOtherFictionFan chapter 11 . 5/6
JustinOtherFictionFan chapter 8 . 5/6
You are probably not editing this since it was posted 7 years ago but in the 6th paragraph after the heading "Saturday, August 5, 1995" I think there is a missing word or something. I think it meant to say the sensei himself duelled with Harry but not sure.

Still loved the read.
JustinOtherFictionFan chapter 7 . 5/6
Your depiction of the grief of loss and of a 14 year old having to break up were powerfully authentic. I am re-reading this and enjoying it almost as much as the first time.
JustinOtherFictionFan chapter 6 . 5/6
I really enjoyed this re-imagined version of the graveyard scene.