Reviews for You Are My Escape
inreverie89 chapter 1 . 7/2/2015
Awww I wish you would write another story which Ron and Hermione have their first night together? I would love to read it from you because I love your writing so much.
AvidReader2236 chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
You are such an amazing writer. I'm in awe.
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
lucy lucy lucy
it's too late for this
you are not allowed to give me a feels attack at 11:00 at night okay THIS IS NOT OKAY
I just
hermione
she made the first move (in actually saying something) and just sweetness and loveliness and incoherent review i'm sorry
i love you and romione and yay cookies too
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Before I start, I just want to say how horribly sorry I am for the lateness of this review and to say thank you so much for writing this for me!

Firstly, I want to say that as of late, I've been going off Romione a tiny bit but, honestly, after reading this fic, I think you may have made me fall back in love with the couple. There's something so /gorgeous/, so simple yet uplifting about the way you write these two - they're so in character and the dynamics between them are so believable and utterly perfect.

I love the scene that you have written about - it's one I have come across surprisingly little in my days of Romione-fic-trawling and I love that you chose to write about it. I can imagine this scene happening just how you wrote it. I also love the way you make Ron and Hermione falter over Fred's name as, clearly, it is something that would happen.

My favourite line of all has to be: "A sad silence falls between the two of them as they remember all that has passed. They've made the first step, and yet there is still more to deal with. But they know that they have each other to hold on to, for a while at least, and that thought makes the future seem that little bit less daunting." It is such a beautiful way of phrasing it and I love the concept of how them holding on to each other makes the future seem less daunting.

In all, this fic was absolutely gorgeous, realistic and so well done - you have reconfirmed my love for Romione, darling! Thank you again and good luck with all your A-Level exams!
Empress Empoleon chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
That was absolutely wonderful! :D I love post-war Romione, and you wrote this excellently. I am favorite-ing right now. :)
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
I feel like this has a double meaning: ""stuff" could mean an awful lot of things" and I love it.

This is beautiful. I'm kind of mad that you're back to writing post-war Romione because I get teary-eyed at work way too often when you do. but really. I love this. And her attempt at being seductive, and then Ron freaking out about Ginny and Harry together... that was just awesome. Love the whole thing.

A rare bit of suggestion for me: you have a paragraph that says Hermione knows what he means, then the next paragraph she says "I know what you mean" out loud. For the sake of flow, I think it might read better to say, "I know what you mean," she sighs. When she's alone with Ron... everything's simple. "but I don't have to be just that, Ron..."

But seriously. I love this and I'm favouriting it because post-war Romione. :D
AnnaRavenheart chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
I usually dislike stories with Hermione/Ron pairing, but you do have a talent for writing them. I loved the subject you have chosen and the way you began this OS. I loved the couple of first sentences.
I didn't notice any SPaG mistakes and that's good. I loved the dialogue between them. You managed to show that they are more mature now, after the war, especially Ron.
I loved when Hermione said to him that the school is not the most important thing, I really loved to read about Hermione's sensible side.
Nice work!
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
A really cute drabble :)

I love the entire conversation about returning to Hogwarts.
Hermione's words ["School is important, but it's not the most important thing. I didn't try and persuade Harry to stay last year, did I? Going back might be the best thing for me, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the best thing for you."] reminds me of the first movie, where she says ["book, and..."]. Well, you know the rest ;)
You've captured Hermione's character perfectly in her understanding of Ron not wanting to return to Hogwarts.

It's a brilliant filler that explains what we know happens post-DH - Ron joining George at WWW instead of becoming an Auror like he had planed.

Well done :)
Blackrose Malfoy chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Wow! I really loved this! Favoriting because it is simply so well done and enjoyable, in a sad yet still positive way. Your descriptive text was amazing yet not overdone. It really helped to set the scene, and the emotions portrayed are very realistic.

I like how you pointed out that ever since the war ended Hermione has wanted to live dangerously because she realized life it too short. I also think you did a fantastic job with Ron. This is the most in character I have ever seen him in fanfiction. It was just a spectacular way of showing how he has changed but how he has stayed the same all at the same time. The way he would pause during several of his sentences when they were talking about the more difficult subjects is a very natural human reaction that really added to this story.

I did notice a couple errors (that I really think are just simple typos.

The first one was: Talking morning walks- It seems like perhaps it should be Taking morning walks

The second one was: She signs, wishing that everything could go back to how it used to be.- It seems that you most likely meant to type- She sighs, wishing that everything could go back to how it used to be.

Those were the only two errors I noticed. The grammar was wonderful so no complaints there. :)

Again, this was absolutely fantastic and I am very glad I picked this one-shot to read! You are a very talented writer. Keep up the fantastic work! :)
DarkDramaLady chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
No,too soon.

Other than that, I love it! Great writing
jilyspottering chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Funny, sad, wonderful.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
ajsgsjgh! That last part just gave me overwhelming Romione feels. Yes, Ron, you do. Who cares what Harry and Ginny do? You want to do exactly the same things with Hermione...!

*ahem* I really need to write more Romione...

I really liked this (naturally) and you of course got them very in character. But the last bit was especially THEM. I loved it so much!

I do think maybe present tense was a bit awkward to read at times, and would have flowed better in past tense, but... meh, that was only a minor detail.

I am squeeing majorly right now...
ProfessorSquirrell chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Awww this is just so /them/. I love it. I love Hermione's ability to be understanding and how she wants to be supportive. And I think you captured her awkwardness very well here. Just like Ron doesn't know how to talk about stuff, it's difficult for Hermione (or anyone, really) to know exactly what to say to someone in that situation. You handled that wonderfully.
I also adored this bit. [The struggle between Ron's overprotective brother side and his eager boyfriend side was amusing to watch on his face] Because I think that was the most hilarious part of Harry ending up with Ron's sister, because Ron is so protective of the people he loves and it's difficult for him to know who to worry about more. And then trying to weigh his options so that it works out for him too. lol. I absolutely love that.
Nice job!
Ebaz chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Ohmygosh, I'm pretty sure this is one of the best Romione fics I've ever read. You captured them perfectly, I think– and the sadness behind all of it, even when Hermione was trying to be optimistic, was really heartbreaking. I liked how you included the moment of Ron's decision not to go back, and Hermione's acceptance of it. I'd never imagined it before, but I completely accept this as headcanon. :D Great job with th
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
A sweet little Romione episode this. Nothing wildly dramatic, just a gentle and meaningful chat between a loving couple and perfectly written. I enjoyed it.
Many Blessings.