Reviews for The Grey Wolves
Imwaiting4myAliceandEdward chapter 1 . 4/13
? It says completed...? It doesn't feel completed. It felt more like a well written thought: Something that occurred in passing, but never really solidified.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Wonderfully written. Great to read. So many good ideas.
ElectricLimeGreen chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Excellent story. Thank you!
Filigranka chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
That's great fic. So, great, in fact, that I don't know what to write, except for incoherent babbling of admiration and the highest praises. I read it a few days ago, all at once, and I fell in love with it (well, in your other works too). It's full of tension - started from the earthquake, gripping the reader and doesn't let him go to the very end, to the Canada, where, for a second the story put him at ease - they're here, finally, there will be troubles, but at least they're safe - and then the clouded, dark, unsure future comes back in the melancholic, bitter words of Ginny.

"London's calling" - ha, very clever catch-phrase, full of hints, allusions and meanings, but still sounding innocent enough. The grey wolves and helpful Hogwart are a very nice concept/touch too.

I like the concept of Snape's ghost still being bounded by his Vow. It takes the "swearing-deal" to a whole new level of creeping and responsibility.

Percy is terrifying in his efficiency. And very, very good character, shown us by very few words - just one scene. Yet he is solid, multidimensional character in my mind, now. Chapeau bas.

Oh, and Hermiona is simply amazing. AMAZING. Strong, brave, intelligent girl, proving, that the Sorting Hat was right, when it put her into Gryffindor.

Though Luna, Minerva and Mrs Hooch are very well pictured, too. Even the Astoria - and the love between her and the Draco - is.
Booklvr.Annie chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I really liked this! Great story.
EStrunk chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
My favorite part was your take(s) on Snape, keeping his vow even after death. And the part about the castle was wonderful also.
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
My favorite parodies are the ones so clever that you can't tell they're parodies at all. This one definitely fits that description. Brava.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
That was brilliant and thorough, as usual. You took the fan fic theme of 'Draco is a Veela' and turned it around. It makes much more sense that way, I must say.

What would happen if Voldemort won? Yes, exactly that. The Malfoys are safe until their turn comes. I can't help seeing the irony of the son of a Muggle being in charge of all this, but history has shown us how plausible that is.

Draco is much nicer in this story, more mature, a loving husband and caring father. He has finally grown up.

I like Snape's portrait being implicated. Death can't stop that one. His ghost ranting on the ineptitude of Potter made me smile, at first, then wonder about his obsession. He must have expected a lot from Lily's son, and been bitterly disappointed.

Percy is exactly where he should be, a sort of anti-Snape double agent. It suits him perfectly. His brothers could laugh at him, he is the only one who survived.

Snape's remark about the Malfoys being a viper breed reminds me there are many types of snakes...

The castle, here, evokes a human body.

How interesting that Madam Hooch has Veela ancestry. You make it sound quite plausible, yet she is so far from the image one (especially fan ficcers) has of a Veela.

My favourite line was "Far too attenuated to make you irresistible" and "refugees from the Middle Ages".

I'm sure there is a lot more to say about the details of this story. Your AU is as well and completely thought out as your post war.
betony11 chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
As great as your other stories. I'd love more of them all.
Nongarak chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
What a dark and dense story! I kept expecting there to be a bit of comedy from your hints about parodying Dramione, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Excellent work! Any plans to continue this or other similar stories?
B. M. Reed chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
this story has an almost apocalyptic feel to it right from the beginning. your imagery literally rips the reader from real life and plants them into your story; i know this wasn't necessarily meant to be taken seriously but i couldn't help but to do so anyway. something about your writing causes me to feel quite invested in the characters and i felt myself hoping for a happy ending for draco.

and, snape! i do live the differences between ghost snape and portrait snape; the man was such an enigma it only seems appropriate that this would be so.
Mari83 chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Excellent writing as always, dark themes delivered with fitting fatalism. Thanks for sharing.
silverbirch chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
There must be something in the air. On the same day two of my favourite writers produce stories that would normally have me rolling my eyes and moving swiftly on. Of course, the reason favourite writers are that is because they can take a plot or a pairing and do something amazing with it.

Where do I start on this story? Yes, I got the Adams reference (was he the most under-rated writer of the 20th Century or what? Popular, of course, so it couldn’t be art.) and Niemoller(?), although Percy's Bonhoeffer works as well.

Before I get serious I must tell you my favourite syllogism, which has always made me rather wary of logic
All cats have four legs
My dog has four legs
My dog is a cat.

Anyway, this story was so incredibly moving because it has parallels in our world. This isn’t swords and sorcery but Government-in-exile and young women and men who are willing to go back time and again to do their bit, knowing that the best they can hope for is a quick death if it comes to it.

Your writing of Hermione was monumental. As the first amongst equals when it comes to being an outsider the dignity and courage you gave her was so powerful. On any one of those trips she could have kept walking, maybe even on to Australia, but she didn’t.

It wasn’t a gung-ho story, either, and that gave it a very gritty realism. There’s no guarantee the good guys will win this one and Ginny’s ambiguous "Matter of time now, really. Can't come too soon for any of us who are left" suggests nobody is that hopeful for the future.

The other striking thing is that Voldemort’s victory seems very little of the sort. The world that wizards have been hiding away from for years still seems to be functioning and the Muggles who are so despised are carrying on, probably far better than the winners who know that they too will get a knock on the door one morning. That was always his problem, he had an idea but wasn’t fighting for an ideal.

I wondered how long how long it would take me to read a 10,000 word story, and reckoned I would have to split it over a couple of nights, but there was no way I could stop once I started. This really was writing of the very highest quality
Original-Weeping-Angel chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Wow! Your story was amazing! I absolutely adored the references to other works, especially the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. Percy wearing a fez was a nice touch as well :) Wonderful writing, and I like how Hermione kept repeating "London calling"
Guest chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Awesome! I would love to read a sequel