Reviews for Where I Roam
juicyjools chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
I dont know how I missed this story but oh, so well written.
Just brilliant with Mary's emotions and Isobel at the end , the 2 women who who will bond together in the loss of their beloved son, husband.
dracke chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
i'm a sobbing mess.
that was beautiful..
i hope you write more..a happy AU would be grea...sigh,i'm so sick of crying over them (still,this was amazing)
Caitlin chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
You made me sob horrendously.
Shame on you.
But thank you for writing this.
GenuineRisk chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Wow. This is heartbreakingly beautiful.
downtonlove chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
This was beautiful. I need a tissue or two. I do hope we get to see this in canon and especially Mary and Isobel's relationship. Thank you for this.
jmar chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
(I've waited awhile before I could attempt to read a story such as this - it's quite painful.) You've done a very good job of depicting Mary's grief. "I'm angry today" - how fitting. Yes, Isobel has suffered loss of a husband, so she knows the agony of being so alone. And yes, Mary will live, without him. And, I hope, Mary will surprise us all, herself included, with the lengths she will go to ensure that her son knows his place in the world & that he grows up well. That he is not 'silly' & aristocratic, without purpose. She will help him become the man that Matthew was meant to be - and more. (I hope) Thank you for a very good story. It will make me sad the rest of the day, but I finally feel that I can handle the disappointment of the CS.
PelirrojaBiu chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
"Her heart had warmed only when he loved it with his own". So true. And so beautifully written. Fantastic, fantastic job, even if it breaks my heart.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
To be honest, I wasn't absolutely and completely sure about the stile of this fic at the beginning, you seem to like very heavy metaphors, and lots of them, and I personally am rather a less is more person (which should of course be all the same to you) but you really convinced me at the end by letting her so bluntly express her angriness. That was beautifully and empathetically written.
redpeony chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
This made me cry too! It's just beautiful and so sad. Thank you so much!
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
That's so heartbreaking, but so true to Mary's character, her hanger, her sadness, her being so loss. And I love the imaginery of this piece, I was walking with Mary, touching that gravestone, feeling the sun on my skin.

Truly a wonderful piece of writing. Thank you for sharing it with us.
MerlinsM chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
What a really excellent, sensitive job you've done here, gently moving us toward acceptance. Your writing is exquisite. Thank you for sharing this really special point of view, establishing a beautiful sense of bonding between Isobel and Mary
La Donna Ingenua chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Angry. I'm angry today. What a strong woman to be able to know it and say it aloud.
fishfingersandsouffles chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
I just wanted to say, that i haven't cried in about a year. (which isn't really that long, but i used to cry all the time) I didn't even cry when i saw the Christmas Special. But now i'm just sitting here, sobbing. And I can't seem to stop. I think you just broke a piece of me. Good job. That was beautiful. /3
Harm 'n' Mac Forever chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Beautiful. First story I have read that has made me cry. I hope that Mary and Isobel have moments like this in series 4.
guh chapter 1 . 3/4/2013