Reviews for Terroir
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 3/9/2016
Edward has been phenomenal throughout this Jacob visit so far. Just taking it in stride. Jacob however, wanted to say things to Bella, yet knew to keep his mouth shut. Then, when Edward and him are all alone, her in the shower, that is when Jacob's inner child came out with the jabs. Saying that she's pretending to be Bella. That only he knows the real her. He's so far removed from the real her, he wouldn't recognize her on the street. He doesn't recognize her and it is unsettling to him. That's why he's lashing out to Edward with his barbs an jabs. Edward winced internally at some things. All-in-all, he managed to see it for what it was, desperation. Perhaps, when they bring him around their friends, he will see what she's talking about. How happy she truly is there. I hope so. Her going with him to Sydney for touristy things, makes me think Jacob will be desperate by that point and try something. Maybe he'll get pissed off before they hit Thursday and he'll leave early? That would be lovely.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 3/9/2016
I was sad to see Emmett and Rosalie leave. I knew they'd have to, as they are wanderers. Still, I'm happy for the, and their adventures. Seems they've found themselves in each other. Much easier like Bella and Edward. Edward taking care of her through that most difficult first anniversary. I just went through the twenty-eighth of my father's death on leap day. Thankfully, we only have to see that 'actual' day, once every four years. Still hurts when it passes. Edward did all,the right things. Bella wanting to son next on that physical level, is truly how you feel on those days. So natural. I was wondering if the date of her mother's death was coming around anytime soon. I also worried that Jacob would visit. The man is clueless when it comes to her. She turned him down for marriage. She broke up with him and moved across the world. She had that phone call with him and told him she's moved on. She's ignored his emails and texts. Yet, there he is . . . idiot. That is not cheap, to fly from our country to yours. It's about as far away from us as you can be. For what? She's already said her peace, three times. Now, he's come all this way, for her to tell him all over again. She will probably want to handle him on her own, without Edward. A part of me actually wants her to ask Edward to go with her, when she has to see Jacob. I hope Jacob isn't an ass to her, as she just doesn't need that crap around this particular day.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 3/9/2016
These two are so wonderful to read. All the characters in this story are, actually. I love him waking her in the middle of the night to make love. The kisses after getting up, getting out of the shower, and leaving were so sweet. Reading Rosalie and Emmett again, is wonderful. I missed them. I love that Bella feels this is now home to her and is so comfortable. I don't think Bella is going anywhere. Although, Edward planning to follow her if she does, was heartwarming. I really liked that both Bella and Edward realized they love the other in this chapter. I hope they tell each other.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 3/9/2016
I really liked this chapter. Being American, I have tried and failed, to watch cricket in my lifetime. I was as lost as your Bella and became very bored, very quickly. There phone calls of how they miss each other were so sweet. I loved how she set her alarm early to get out to him in the fields, because she missed him so much. Swoon. Their fun conversation in the field and his lab was entertaining. It was good to read a kind hearted Tanya. She liked Bella and liked her for Edward. It was good to read that she was doing better, with work, college and most importantly, her mental health. Good to know she's getting counseling and meds. Both are important. Them not making it to midnight, because they just wanted the hell out of each other, was wonderful. Very fun to read.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 3/9/2016
Mmmmm, sexy naked times. That was a lovely treat. I liked that she's been wanting that for weeks and was even prepared for it with the condoms. I was thrown off a bit when Bella was at Esme and Carlisle's place at first. It was worded in a way that it took a moment to realize Edward was on vacation elsewhere. You made me crave crab and I don't even think that was part of their food. I want Alaskan queen crab legs right now, along with a yummy crab cake. Mmmmm. It was lovely to visit with Edward on the shore, taking care of the 'lil ones. Why don't the grown ups ask the children who they would rather live with? Also, and more importantly, why didn't Kate take care of this when she was passing away? One would think they'd get their affairs in order, when given the chance, as she was. I loved the phone call with Bella and Edward. So playful and wonderful. They are truly made for each other.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 3/8/2016
Holy hell . . . self loving Edward is my weakness . . . and there he was, in all his glory. Then you gave Bella her own self loving. These two are quite hot and heavy for one another. I likey. Esme walking in on a very happy Bella and Edward, that clearly had hit the level of starting a relationship, was cute. She had some good advice. Esme suggested getting him to get him to introduce his friends to her. Then, I liked that Edward asked and then took Bella to meet his friends. I'm thinking she may have suggested he do so, when she spoke with him. I liked reading there is and Alice and she's just two years, or less, younger than Jasper. Good. Angela was a bit standoffish. Wonder if she had her sights on Edward with Tanya being gone? Although, one of the other women mentioned a Ben, briefly. I was so happy that Charlie told Bella, she'd always be his number one girl, when talking to her about Seth. That's always important for a parent to say, when they have such an age gap in between children. Jake was a dick with his snide comments. She should block his number. Although, if something were to happen with Charlie, he'd need to reach her, so that's out. I forget that sometimes the wine tasters choose not to spit, and end up drunk. It was mighty nice of Alec to call Carlisle to let him know they'd just left his place. I really liked that Jasper seemed almost normal in this chapter. And, helpful. Bella was fantastic in this. The way she handled that driver, and the drunks, was great. I'm glad she was okay. Little shaky but, okay.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 3/8/2016
I'm very glad she finally spoke to Jake, if only to get him to stop calling her. She tried so hard to be nice. Coaxing out of him the real reason for his call. When he didn't like her answer, he was nearly begging her to not do this 'to him'. No consideration of her feelings there at all, I noticed. He even tried to dissuade her by telling her it was going to go nowhere, because of the one year visa. At least she told the truth, that there was another man. That she wants to give it a try. He certainly didn't like that. Knowing what we learned in this chapter, I think her holding onto him, and telling him to ask her again later, was the wrong thing to do. She clearly was in it for convenience. I've been there and nearly married the guy. You need to run when those feeling aren't strong. Hanging around when there are no sparks, will be awful in the end. I liked that she said that at the end of the year, Carlisle can sponsor her. That way there isn't a rush for these two. They can take their time and let things develop naturally. His date idea was absolutely perfect. A night under the stars, with good food, good drink and best of all, first kisses that lead to make out sessions. Very yummy chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 3/8/2016
I really loved that she asked Esme to drop her at Edward's. Right when he needed it too, as he was going stir crazy. Someone who's normally outside all day, usually won't fare well indoors, suddenly. I loved the description of his home. Complete with a neighbor with vines and goats. My mom lives in Sonoma, CA and it just put me right there in her town. No mention of olive trees in this yet, and they are so vital to the vineyards in both the Sonoma and Napa Valley's. Oh, and Italy as well. Is that not common in Australia? You mentioned eucalyptus, which is around as well as up in the valley's but, not as much as the olive trees. I really like how they both like each other. They seem to get along really well. I think Bella is right, Jake is trying to guilt her home. However, I think he's using the baby, to get what he wants. Her home. Somehow, I think she's found a new home. I think Charlie would be very happy about that, too. As long as she's happy, he's happy. Edward asked her out . . . she said yes! Yay!
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 3/8/2016
Thank you for the mention of depression. My best friend has suffered with this for her whole life. Thankfully, she's in the care of a doctor and medicated properly. She still has some bad days, went through a rough patch just last week. Thankfully, she's much better now, today. It is something that is with you forever, pricking at your brain. Hiding, yet never quite fully. I only see it fr M the outside. I couldn't imagine what it's like from the inside. I've the opposite problem, if you will. I am always happy. It takes something massive to shake me to sadness. Thankfully, I have a husband whose the same. It's just the two of us in our household, and it is filled with laughter constantly. I digress. This chapter was a very good one. I loved that she noticed he wasn't okay, right away. Him asking if she'd like to go somewhere with him, and her accepting. The place they peacefully sat and spoke, or just let the silence slip over them. I really liked that they were touching the whole time. It was wonderful that she offered to check his phone. I really liked that he was man enough to not hide his emotions from her and held her hand the whole time. The part with Esme was so perfect. He would feel safety in her arms, being another mother figure for him. His sobs in her arms, made my heart take him in and hug him. The respect that she showed, by allowing him his time with Esme was so kind of her. These two are already so close, and they've just begun.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 3/8/2016
Oh this, this was a delicious chapter. I really liked her reaction to the cottage and her description let us readers in on what it looked liked. She was so excited to have her own little place, while there. Edward bringing dinner by, with wine, was delightful. Staying for conversation, just a bit, was great. I liked learning that the land and the cottage were recent additions to them. Allowing for what Edward is doing and a place for Bella to stay. Loved him teaching her of the wines. I really liked how happy he was with her palate. Them continuing on to dinner was even better. Really enjoying this.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 3/8/2016
I like that Rosalie plans to come out and visit Bella eventually, where she is. She better bring Emmett along, too. It was good to see the relationship between Charlie and Bella has so much love. I got the impression that Sue doesn't care for Bella. It was awfully rude of her to call Charlie to help her make dinner, when they clearly haven't spoken to Bella in the two weeks she's been in Australia. It was odd. Esme letting Bella know stories of her mother was and will be a good thing that she'll get from this trip. Some of the sentences, even though they are English, I have no idea what's been said, lol. Born, raised and still living in San Francisco, California, myself. Australianisms, some are hard to figure out. Love reading them though. Ah, Bella and Edward finally meet and it was cute.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 3/8/2016
Oh goodness, Kate. What a horrific thing to happen to her. Spending all those days in that sun, it'll catch up to you, if you're not diligent in that sunblock. I work from home everyday, and I still apply my moisturizer with SPF thirty in it daily. I hope the rest of them have taken that to heart and are applying their sunscreen. I liked reading about Emmett and Bella. Enjoyed meeting Rosalie. It was great that they added her to their sightseeing and becoming a trio. Learned more about Bella this go around. I'm guessing she was proposed to in a very grand way, that wasn't her at all. I kind of like that she just packed up her whole life and broke up with the long term boyfriend and came around the other side of the globe. The spontaneity of it all was rather fun. Very interesting about Rosalie. Seems that she swings both ways, I like it. Interested in Emmett, coming off the relationship with Jane. You've got me hooked and it is only chapter two. :)
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 3/8/2016
Emmett was wonderful in this chapter, I really enjoyed him. Poor Bella, with the loss of her mother. Her watching over her mom, must've caused the loss in her schooling. As Carlisle mentioned that she was studying to be a teacher. Emmett said he had and ex-girlfriend, I wonder if he is liking Bella in that capacity right now. Perhaps, that is why he is offering to be tour guide. He did offer to bring his sister along though, so that's good. Edward was wistful over the mention of Tanya's name so, there is a story there. Thinking she wanted more than the peaceful beautiful vineyards and has left the area. Will have to wait on that answer as well. This was rec'd on FB and here I am. :) Color me intrigued.
irelandk chapter 16 . 1/25/2016
:-)
brandylion chapter 16 . 1/21/2016
OMG, I love your writing. I'm totally review-fail, but now that I've finished this, I have so many questions! Did Angela and Ben ever get back together?
Will Rose and Emmett ever get back together?
Did Emmett ever make something of himself, or is he still bumming around?
When/where did Edward and Bella get married?
Did Jake the jackass finally FINALLY figure out that Bella isn't a puppet and that she actually wasn't coming back to him? (I was secretly sadistically looking forward to that realization sinking into his thick skull.)
Are E and B gonna make cute little wine babies?
I'm so sad this is over! I've never wanted to be more of a wine-drinker than I do after reading this. :)
1,791 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »