Reviews for Hyouka: Vanilla Sunday
Jedias Gloshma chapter 8 . 5/16/2016
Joyous. I'm still enjoying all that you've written and the introduction of new characters hasn't negatively affected my experience as it sometimes does. I just wish updates came sooner
Guest chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
was expecting to read a story with a plot and so I skipped the sypnosis (don't even know if there is one) and WHAT THE FCK AM I READING RIGHT NOW
ErinHasse chapter 8 . 4/17/2016
Well, what can I say? I love my smut as much I love my mystery.
The ending practically had me wailing at my screen for more!
I look forward to the day you update. Cheers!
Guest chapter 8 . 4/16/2016
PLEASE CONTINUE I LOVE IT!
Type-Smithee chapter 7 . 4/7/2016
Poor Hotarou's spending way too much entry these days.
xTopazz chapter 8 . 4/6/2016
Have been following this story for a while and guess it was time to review it.

As for the overall story, I first have to say I really like your writing style. Can't put exactly the link to what is, but I get a "correct"perspective from them. I guess its just the way you describe the interactions and details which make me like this story.

Really liked this chapter. We got some new introductions form people we havent met yet and are (semi)relevant to the development from the story and Oreki/Chitanda of course. Somehow I can imagine Chitanda having a Yakuza family/dad :) Seems we get a mystery coming up, which I feel work nicely with potential progress between Oreki/Chitanda and other people(E.G Chitanda's family view/perspective on Oreki)
I thought the way you let Oreki explain how Chitanda's dad would profit from the arsons, he was implying he was the criminal . Probably missed something, as it was kinda late when I read this.

Most likely my problem with last chapter was, was that the man in the shop didnt relate to me at all and felt more like an random character and was kinda "forced" to appear in the story. Houtarou felt kinda OOC for me( just my opinion, dont take it too hard/seriously), but that might have also been tot he fact we dont see him in any sortalike situation in the anime, so to predict and consider how he would be reacting exactly there is a difficult thing to do, which you have my respect for. The chapter just kinda felt out place for me. For instance, ch6 was a side story/event as well, but that works fine with Hyouka as long as it resembles their character/atmosfere( just my opinion again, feel free to disagree). I think that was my problem with ch 7. It felt unnatural, but yet again, that might be contributed to the situation missing in the original anime.

I can't know for sure what direction you want the story to go with, but the direction you took with ch8 feels good, as it gives a goal( the mystery) and possibilies to let the characters experience and grow.

Really looking forward to your next chapter and keep writing:)
Alderstifen chapter 8 . 4/3/2016
Waited so long for the next part, its payed off. Hopefully the next one will come soon!
the critic chapter 8 . 4/2/2016
BRILLIANT! MORE! GIMME MORE!
TouchingDaylight chapter 8 . 4/2/2016
I'm grateful that you posted a chapter. I know the feeling myself. As of right now, I'm just happy that you decided to add more interactions aside from the main characters and more plot because I think Hyouka's main appeal is its approach to mysteries rather than the romance. So good work. Also, the beginning was golden. XD
Gamera68 chapter 8 . 4/1/2016
Good update and its getting interesting with another mystery if it were. :)
MirrorImage27 chapter 8 . 4/1/2016
Hey man, good to have you back! I have to admit, I didn't expect this chapter to amount to what is essentially the beginning a mystery arc. I guess a true Hyouka story wouldn't be complete without one, and you've created an interesting set-up here.
If I had one complaint it would be that this chapter feels... disconnected from the last one, and not because it has been a while. My initial read way back suggested to me that Oreki would be meeting Chitanda alone, though that could have just been me glossing over details. I guess what I'm saying is, it seemed strange to me that Oreki would buy a box of condoms to an engagement that involved the rest of the members of the club, and I'm pretty sure you weren't aiming to set of THAT kind of citrus, if you catch my meaning. This confusion is further compounded by the appearance of Chitanda's parents, definitely not a situation where he'll be using those anytime soon.
Funny business aside, everything else has continued to be executed well. The characters feel pretty true to themselves and I was looking forward to seeing if we would get to meet Chitanda's parents, and yes we did! They seem done well too, and you did a great job of conveying Oreki's rather unenviable position of being interrogated by Chitanda's dad.
Anyways, this kind of got long, but suffice it to say, I am looking forward to the next chapter! Take care!
Maze43 chapter 8 . 4/1/2016
more plot? so can we expect at least 2 chapters more ? nice. Been following since box of happiness 1, you tooked your time mate xd.
desprate fan 2 chapter 1 . 3/10/2016
il curse you w/ the stench of stinky meme eggs if u dont fking update
cookies chapter 7 . 2/20/2016
have some mercy on us and please updATE
chubapongen01 chapter 7 . 2/16/2016
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I do, I'll make it quick."
163 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »