Reviews for Shinobi Showdown: Demons Unite
WhiteWolf Kyoko chapter 3 . 9/18/2013
Couldn't help but laugh at Naruto getting on to Jiraiya. XD
And there's definitely a storm growing... can't wait to find out what's going to happen next.
FictionReader98 chapter 3 . 9/7/2013
Okay, first thing I want to mention is Naruto's whole "Killed anyone lately" and the added 'inappropriate' line to it is a welcome change to it.

Alrighty, on to the chapter itself. Fairly good, don't notice too much difference between this version and the original, though you do go into a few more details, such as in describing Sasuke's teammates (which is totally fine with me). As well as confirming it is his original OC teammates as opposed to canon characters like Karin and Suigetsu. Sure those two and Jugo will appear sooner or later.

Aside from that, not much else to say about the chapter. Flows well, establishes some future characters, reunites with old ones. The OC list at the end will be most useful.

Overall, good job and best of luck with the next one!
WhiteWolf Kyoko chapter 2 . 4/24/2013
Great chapter, Can't wait for the next! Lol loved the omake. XD
FictionReader98 chapter 2 . 4/13/2013
Well, simple chapter. Nice little shorts at our main cast and their final preparations for leaving. Not to mention the various little trinkets and tidbits we gathered. No doubt referencing some of the new skills and/or tools they've acquired.

Of course the most interesting one was the one between Fukamaru and Naruto, with Fukamaru flat out stating that he doesn't give a crap about the Leaf and not an actual Leaf Ninja to being with. Makes sense, since you would think if Leaf had a genin like this, they would had been more wildly known.

Then again... canon more or less pulled this same thing with Sai, so perhaps not so much... either way, as was expected, there's a lot more to Fukamaru than things appear. He does seem a bit like Sasuke: Antisocial, clearly after someone, and may just be on the path of putting his own agenda over everything else. I'm curious to see if the similarities remain or if they diverge.

Slight nitpick: Rain Country is landlocked. And no where near the sea at any point.

Them going to the Rain Country is also hilarious insight, given what canon has done with that and who is supposed to be ruling Amegakure in this point in time.

Nice little fake out with the Jonin. The lateness screams Kakashi, but it turns out to be Jiraiya instead. Man, do I miss that guy.

Aside from that, not much to say. Eagerly looking to see the rest of the participates in this Tiger Challenge.

Job well done and do continue. I shall be waiting. And Love Demons and Bloodlines has not appeared yet either. For shame.
WhiteWolf Kyoko chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Great job on the first chapter of this rewrite of Shinobi Showdown. Can't wait for more. _
FictionReader98 chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Well, well, what do we have here? This is certainly a surprise. Now if we can only get Love, Demons and Bloodlines back on the 'Active' list, things will be peachy.

Been awhile since I've read the original edition of this story, but from what I've seen, a lot of this is the same. Though it seems you've have Naruto stick to purely wind techniques so far. I recall he had some fire and others in the original version (which will make some future fights interesting, assuming they remain the same).

As for Fukamaru... I can't remember if I was originally impressed or annoyed with him. He's skilled sure, but came off as a third wheel. Which naturally is the entire point. Eh, maybe it's just the late hour after a long day. Suffice to say, I really don't see any changes here other than how my opinion of him.

Also rather curious on how much of canon you intend to implement and how much you intend to go about with your own direction, such as Sasuke's teammates (assuming he is still in the Tiger Challenge) and other aspects. I will say that hearing your stance on the Jinchuuriki is sort a 'Love it/Hate it' response from me. On the one hand, your own Jinchuuriki are excellent and it is rather fresh to see these twists and angles on them (especially given how badly canon sidelined them).

On the other... I'm also rather curious to see how you would had handled the canon versions with your own reenditions of them (Han is freaking awesome. The Five Tails... not so much). Oh well, I suppose you could always have the canon Jinchuuriki appear as 'regular' shinobi and attribute their abilities as bloodlines or the like.

Also, calling this now, want to see a three way battle between Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke as part of their whole 'next generation sannin' angle.

The only thing that really comes across as odd in this is Shino's line of "Such a massive Suiton where there's no water... also, I thought that any Suiton Konoha had died with the Nidaime Hokage..." That's been about 40 to 50 years since the Second passed on, so hearing there hasn't been one Water Leaf in all that time is just... odd. Learning multiple elements isn't exactly uncommon, Kakashi can use Suiton (as can Itachi) and even when Wind was described as rare in canon (presumably for the Fire Country), we've still several shinobi utilize Wind from Danzo to ANBU operatives in addition to Naruto and Asuma. It's a one in five natural chance, so it's all just... odd.

Frankly, having read the first edition, I have my suspicions regarding Shino's line and if I'm right... well... I can think of several other ways to imply it than to say Konoha has been having a drought (ha ha pun) on water users.

Well, in any event, well done chapter even though there wasn't much difference to the original version. Look forward to seeing more, and most importantly, just what sort of changes you intend to introduce.

PS - Completely serious on Love, Demons and Bloodlines. Get to work ._