Reviews for An Adventure
Rose1948 chapter 2 . 3/6
I missed this somehow. *pouts* At any rate, a cute tale about getting around all the unwanted madness and, creatively, pulling a fast one. It also highlighted-to me at least-the importance of not letting things pull you down so much that EVERYONE is an enemy. Or something close to that.
egwolf65 chapter 2 . 12/4/2014
great story!
dcarson chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
And Ryoga will find the monastery. At least one he thinks is in Nepal. The rest come back cold, poorer and suffering from altitude sickness. With maybe a bit of skill in the kukri.
KaiPhoenix chapter 2 . 6/6/2014
I really liked this retelling of fringeperson's story, especially the whole first chapter being in Akane's POV. The second chapter was a nice touch from yourself as well. I like how both of Akane's sisters were in on it and found out about the scam, but for once didn't do anything to stop it.

Really helps show that those four (as well as a few others) at least have matured.

-Kai
kana chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
I don't have much to say. Just that I love this.
mangageek23 chapter 2 . 5/30/2013
Somehow I missed this story in my fangirling over the Kasumi's fate series. But oh how wonderful this was! It's a shame it had to end but all great things must come at an end.
Kolgrimmur chapter 2 . 3/12/2013
You said it, Ranma and plans never go well together. You did tie it all nicely together though with a little help from the Tendo sister I've always thought was a still, deep pool. Well done. I'm off now to read the original.

Kol
Richard Ryley chapter 2 . 3/6/2013
Excellent. You neatly spotted the flaw in the original story, and patched it with the most unlikely of con-artists: the apparently guileless and oblivious Kasumi. Nabiki's help, of course, would have been needed and appreciated, but there's nothing like showing the depth of the "real" Kasumi.

Honestly, it is usually Akane that sees through Ranma's plots, but for this story it wouldn't have worked for her to be in on it. Plus, in many ways Akane falling for it because she's so eager to believe in she and Ranma embarking on one last adventure is very in character.

A couple of corrections and comments:

"which was no one else's business, thank you very much"

Very Akane, that.

"Akane had confided to Ranma that see wanted to attend college"

She wanted to attend college.

"embark on one more an adventure before settling down…"

Embark on one more adventure (drop the an)

"Akane and Ranma (male again) walked home via the canal fence"

Is Akane still wearing her dress, or did she change into her jogging shorts?

"begin training there before the age of twenty, you will not be flexible enough to perform the techniques that they teach"

This turned out to be a scam, but my first thought was that while Ranma was being responsible to not take the chance, likely martial artists of his and Akane's level would continue to be limber long after most "normal" people.

"Pervert!" she cried in false tones. "I thought we agreed you weren't going to call me that anymore." "Only when it's deserved, dummy."

Or, when I WANT you to be a pervert. ;)

"She still wasn't use to endearments coming from him"

She still wasn't used to

"I've tried to keep things quite"

Tried to keep things quiet

"Oh, oh. It was the "sex-talk", part II."

Hilariously timed, and gets back to Akane's teasing over the "Pervert" talk. It's good to see them both getting over their prudishness, but at a comfortable pace.

"Mousse and Shampoo, both looking half asleep"

I assume this was in the original story as well, but where's the Old Ghoul? Perhaps she saw through the plot as well? (And decided not to interfere, if her Great Grandaughter was short-sighted enough to fall for it)

"Ranma hugged Akane and then looked over his fiancee's shoulder at the woman behind the counter. Her own eyes were sparkling as she looked at the happy couple."

Adorable scene, there. And Paris, even. Couldn't be more romantic. :)
caia-chan chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
Beautiful story!
fringeperson chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
I will have you know I love it. Completely, totally, utterly. I adore this from beginning to end.
AliceTheBookGirl chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
I absolutely loved reading this! It leaves me (and probably every other reader) wanting more than what was written, but I guess that's what makes some stories so amazing. I haven't read the story that this is based off of, so I'll favorite this then go and read it!
Weird Beard chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
I loved this. I think this story definitely works better from Akane's POV, because it's more fleshed out (or maybe that's just you) and the surprise is, well, a surprise.
JWG chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
A lovely tale. Now I'm off to read the original.

And By The Way

You used Konastu again. :( :) :) :)