Reviews for Semper Familia
Luzith chapter 31 . 12/16/2014
Woah, this is just amazing. Totally unique. I am so disgusted and happy and lots of other complicated feels, which is what good writing is supposed to do to you. So thanks! Great job!
Sourceofjoy chapter 31 . 10/1/2014
Okay first of all I'd just like to say that I'm usually not a fan of AU. It's confusing, it makes my emotions run wild, and every time I finish one I PROMISE myself I will never read another one. But despite that I started this one, and got sucked in. I actually stopped reading it after about three chapters. I was like "no. I've done this too many times. I'm not far enough along to not stop." Suffice to say I was wrong. I went back and searched fervently for the story and finished it in record time, staying up till 3:30 in the morning because I literally couldn't stop. Anyway! Enough of my rambling! It was such a touching, sweet, heartbreaking story, that made me want to adopt every kid in the world who has ever felt unloved! Thank you!
P. S. you should write a book.
Deborahpflover chapter 31 . 7/10/2014
Oh my gosh, this was absolutely fantastic. I mean wow. I love it. Seriously. Great story. I started reading last night and I didn't get much sleep but I'm finally done and man I wish I wasn't. It's awesome. Great job!
Freya922 chapter 31 . 6/12/2014
Stupendously satisfying AU! Loved every word - thanks for all the hard work you put in to give us this.
Freya922 chapter 15 . 6/9/2014
OMG, this story has got me in knots. You know how to keep the tension ramped in this sad, riveting AU! I'm dying to know if Luke is Sam and of they'll ever know... It's killing me.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
K Hanna Korossy rec'd this, and after reading just this first chapter I am so excited to have so many more ahead. Totally intriguing set up, and beautifully written. Love the characterizations, too - so perfect.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 31 . 6/3/2014
I'll confess, I was leery going into this story: an a/u, a slavefic, and a kidfic? It seemed to be three strikes against. But you totally sucked me in and I am a total fan now. It's a neat and, sadly, no unrealistic premise. But I'm so glad you didn't take it into sexual abuse territory, or overdo the trauma poor Sam already faced. Your pacing was great, the story utterly absorbing, and I loved the resolution. But most of all I loved your Sam and Dean. Sam was smart and recognizably stubborn even after all he'd been through, and Dean... Dean was just awesome. Not superhuman or unbelievably perfect, but the best version of him we know he can be. His patience and humanity and loyalty, first for a kid he doesn't even know, then the brother he can't believe he regained, was just beautiful to watch. Thank you for this, and I would love to see more timestamps, if you were so inspired.
kittyhawk09 chapter 31 . 5/31/2014
Very good. Well planned out. The story flowed. Especially since you had to switch from Luke to Sammy. I had a feeling Luke was Sam from the beginning (especially when Dean mentioned his almost bitchy look earlier in the story) I mean who else would he be because he fit the profile too well. It was still a shift when out of nowhere Missouri is talking about Dean's brother and calling him Sam. It did feel like an adjustment for me. One that got easier actually when Sam/Sammy is all hyped up to go against Azazel. Good timing throughout the story. It also did n't have a corny feel. Do you know what I mean? Thanks for taking the time to post. By the way, how did you get the idea for this story? I would love to hear your process. Please PM me with your thoughts. Now I'm going to add this story to my favorites.

-Kittyhawk09
gatogirl1 chapter 31 . 5/10/2014
Oh man oh man, this story I really couldn't put it down! (I think it's pas midnight by now...?) And there were definitely some tears thrown in for flavor; I really really loved your writing of Dean-the-big-brother. He felt so in tune with what canon Dean would be if he'd also lost Sammy. So, kudos and huge thanks to you for writing this (wow, that doesn't even begin to cover how much I enjoyed reading your writing...maybe the late night is tiring me out... _)!
PhantomBowtie chapter 31 . 4/21/2014
This story...I absolutely loved it, so much! Masterfully written!
Sword-Flowers chapter 20 . 3/15/2014
Feels again.
Sword-Flowers chapter 10 . 3/15/2014
FEELS.

Damn you I'm tearing up.
JaniceC678 chapter 24 . 3/9/2014
Another great chapter - first with Dean helping Ava, and Ava letting him help her, to face down Walt. Good for her!
And then the fact that Sam overheard John and Dean's conversation was great...hearing John, not knowing Sam was listening, that even if he was just Luke, John would not have handed him over to be hurt or killed was so important, so that he wouldn't think that NOW John's just sorry because of who he is. SO glad he heard that.
JaniceC678 chapter 23 . 3/9/2014
Was going to wait until I actually finish before reviewing, but I just HAD to stop and put a note here. I don't usually do AU stories, but once in a while one just grabs me and pulls me in and this is one of them...and it's not SO AU that it couldn't have happened this way. I've been loving it so far...the gradual building of trust and the setbacks have all been well-timed...not rushed, but not overly drawn out either (which really gets tiresome with some stories.)

But the real reason I had to post now was because through it all, there was a niggling suspicion at the back of my mind that maybe, all those years ago, John had known about Sam and LET him be taken, so I'm SO glad that isn't the case (or at least it sure doesn't seem to be at this point.) Good job with John, too, BTW...it's hard sometimes finding that balance between him being a hardass and a bit of a jerk but overall a decent guy and him being an outright abusive ass kinda person. So, anyway...looking forward to seeing how this all comes together in the final chapters.
Rae Roberts chapter 31 . 12/26/2013
Thanks for writing this story. I really enjoyed reading it.