Reviews for Semper Familia
It'sMrsMikaelsonToYou chapter 31 . 7/13
Oh my god this was so amazing! I really like the way you got Dean and Sam to have some broments but still keep their characters. I got a tad confused on Jo's age for a little bit but sort of made sense as you got further on in the story! This is absolutely fantastic and you should be incredibly proud of yourself! -F
It's 1 am and all I have to say is that this story makes my heart hurt. Kudos to you!
French Charlotte chapter 31 . 7/3
Brilliant writing! I started watching the show a few weeks ago, and I recently took a break because I am already at season 8. So then I wanted to read fanfictions were people would explore the brother bond relationship that Sam and Dean have. I'm not disappointed to say the least because I love how you proposed a universe where Sammy was gone and then Luke showed up (I figured since the first chapter but I was still impatient on how Dean was going to find out) and Dean still has the aura of protectiveness around this young boy who has been abused. Oh and you have managed to really get into the other characters like Ellen, Bobby (..) that I thought their reactions and moves would have been the same if they were in the show. Anyways, you are talented and I hope you keep writing if you enjoy it as much as we enjoy reading it! :) peace out xx ️
sunshine102897 chapter 30 . 12/24/2015
Oops. I accidentally read all 31 chapters again. Silly me. I CAME BACK BECAUSE OF MY UNDYING LOVE FOR THIS STORY. THANKS ONCE AGAIN.
Guest chapter 31 . 12/3/2015
OMG sorry I just found this. It's absolutely amazing I mean wow I was not expecting that. I randomly clicked on it and I binged! Thank you and great job!
sunshine102897 chapter 31 . 11/28/2015
THIS STORY MAKES ME SO HAPPY AND I WAS ACTUALLY SMILING IN THE END. HOLY FREAKING CRAP THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS IVE EVER READ. I liked Luke. A lot. But I always separated him from Sam, and you so cleverly steered me away from Sam. And at one point I was crying. A lot. Just thinking about how Sam was gone. It was the part where Dean was back in Lawrence. Ouch. 3 am this morning I am sure my neighbors heard me jumping up and down and squealing after finding out it was Sam. UGH THIS WAS SO AMAZING. I LOVE IT. Thank you so much for writing it and even better finishing it, unlike so many others I have seen. So much praise. Yyyaaaaayyy
BlueJude chapter 10 . 10/24/2015
Of course more heart wrenching scenes with the boys. I honestly don't like John's attitude toward Luke or the way he won't let Dean settle into a protective role. Can't he see how good it is for Dean to have such a purpose? It's a symbiotic relationship in my opinion, canonically and in this story. I think it's also something Sam never really got on the show either. How it's more healing to Dean to care for his brother rather than himself. Anyway, great chapter. Loved the break through :)
BlueJude chapter 7 . 10/24/2015
Ugh this story breaks my heart into a million pieces but always manages to patch it up somehow too. I love how much Dean cares about Luke, only because he's a caring individual and nothing more. He sees Sam in every kid he meets and losing Sam was hard but it also drove him to be a better individual, which I think is beautiful. Loving the story; thanks for the great read!
Shearwater chapter 31 . 10/12/2015
This story was unbelievable. The character development, the pacing, the relationship dynamics, everything was spot-on. Just the right combo of primarily serious with a healthy dose of hurt/comfort and a dash of family warmth. I bow in deference to your mad skills. Thanks for an awesome read!
Guest chapter 9 . 10/10/2015
9 chapters in and I am nearly 100% sure that Luke is Sam.
Shearwater chapter 6 . 10/9/2015
This is so freaking good
Irish Luck 19 chapter 31 . 6/22/2015
So, after spending every Monday (the only day I get on FF) reading this for a month, I finally finished and realized I needed to review. Because this? This is an awesome story.

I don't normally go for Supernatural fics-the show itself is so good, and has run for so long, that it's hard to find a story with a new angle that feels like it's worth exploring. But this fic managed a take on it that somehow stayed true to the characters and still took the plot to places I hadn't expected.

I think the thing I was most impressed with was how very REAL the struggles seemed for all the characters. Like, I knew that Luke was going to be Sam-because, c'mon, this is Supernatural, where you don't believe someone's gone until you see the body, and maybe not even then-but at the same time, Dean trying to separate the two in his head was so very poignant and well done that I found myself wondering 'Hm, maybe Luke ISN'T actually Sam...'

And the angst? Top notch. Perfectly in character, walking the line beautifully to where we were sad for the characters, but also not overwhelmed; the plot kept moving, and the emotions and bromance contributed to the story rather than slowing it down.

Anyhow, there's more I want to type, but this is getting long, so I'll just wrap up by giving a short compliment on your amazing secondary characters, because they absolutely shone-especially Ellen. (part of me wants to see how Ava went from the character we see here to the psycho we see in the haunted village; part of me really really doesn't and wants to imagine her becoming better and living a long, productive life).
The Irish Lass chapter 31 . 5/27/2015
So I thought you ought to know that I hate you. How dare you write this? It was beautiful.

I cried. You made me cry. I didn't cry over the Fault in Our Stars!

But wow. This. This was perfection. I do't know why you're wasting your time on fanfiction. You are amazing, and I loved this story!
Guest chapter 19 . 5/11/2015
First of all, I have never, ever written a review for a Fanfic. Like ever. Sure there have been good ones, but nothing like this. This...there are no words for how brilliant this all is. The plot, the relationship, just...everything. I'm having a hard time trying to process everything simply because of how beautiful this is all written and planned out. Sometimes I forget to breathe, and it's only when Dean reminds Luke to breathe that I remember to breathe.

This thing nearly has me in tears and I don't cry over fanfiction.

(Heck, I should be studying for finals and here I am because this is brilliant and I cannot stop reading.)

Basically you're brilliant and this is brilliant and holy crap I will probably be up till 3 trying to finish this properly.

P.S. Also have you ever considered writing a book and getting it published? Because I'd probably read it in a heartbeat (even if it's an emotional roller-coaster like this one.)
Guest chapter 31 . 4/28/2015
It's pretty rare that I find a story great right from the get go. Usually I start with a feeling that you get when you're playing along with someone's crazy story, waiting for it to get interesting. But not with this story. I read the first paragraph and was instantly intruiged and on edge. When I finished the first chapted I said to myself "Oh, this is going to be /good/."
I was right. I was more than right. This story was incredible. Every single character was well written. Luke made me want to rage and cry and smile with pride because damn it all, he earned that happy ending. And I'm so so glad you wrote it. I'm going to keep this link close and read it over and over again, because the journey was incredible. Thank you.
P.s. if you aren't writing your own novel, I would suggest you consider it. You have a lot of talent. I would buy a book written by you in a heartbeat. (if you do write one, could you post the name of it on your bio? I'm dead serious. Would love to read it)