Reviews for Dark Seed of the Soul
charliesunshine chapter 9 . 3/22/2013
no I knew something evil like this was going to happen well doen in this story so far I am pretty shocked I will admit, update again soon
charliesunshine chapter 8 . 3/21/2013
Not signed in but this was a really good chapter. I kinda guessed the person was omaha poor skye well update soon
AC chapter 8 . 3/21/2013
This may be a first, but I have no comments about the chapter. I'm still in shock from the Author's Note from the LAST chapter. In MY experience, boys are horrible writers. (No offense.) And they're rude. And they're... boys. But, then again, girls are rude, too. I'm usually that one person shoved into the corner, noticed by no one...
Minerva1986 chapter 8 . 3/21/2013
Hey GPC :)

great chapter, it's nice to see how the story goes on and meanwhile learning about how things are in the district.
Not sure if that was intended, but if he was less bitter and broken Omaha might be just what the president wants as a commentator, like *what the hunger games told me is that some people just don't deserve to live*:
"Killing that man…I don't even see him as a man. He's a thing that would have killed you – or at least taken advantage of you – if I didn't kill him."
Obviously his motivation is different.. .but still, that's what it felt like for me. I know he helped her that moment, but I just hope Skye will turn out better than that! But I think Omaha is an interesting character.

Also, Skye seems to have internally resolved to do what the presidents expects of her. Well, it's not like she could choose really. I am very excited as to how that will turn out.
Love your last sentence, great way to end the chapter.

Have a great day! :)
Mina
AC chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
I feel like my whole world has altered, somehow, after I read the author's note and finally realized what it meant.
Oh, yeah! Here's the other thing I had to say:
I thought it was funny when Shrike woke up and had no idea what happened with Reed. I had completely forgotten she was there.
I know that it's common for the end of a scene, but I like it anyway.
charliesunshine chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
let someone kill then, well not serious I was reading this and had a horribel thought, what if reed or shrike or her little sister was reaped, please no or well you could make that work, brilliant chapter I like where the story is going but skye save her or selene could like barge in completly pissed or something so please update soon
I LOVED this chapter!
The kiss was a LITTLE unexpected, because of the circumstances, but it had to happen at some point! I don't do romance, myself. Ok... That came out a little weird. I mean I can't write it too well, because I've never been involved in any real love things.
That was an AWESOME cliffhanger! I can just imagine the last sentence to a blurb for this chapter:
"Will Skye be able to save her, or will something more unexpected happen?"
It's not a very good last sentence, but, oh, well.
Why would your gender be scary? I've pictured what you might look like in my head (I do a lot of things up there!), and It would be really weird if you were a boy, because I've been picturing you as a girl!
Minerva1986 chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
Hey there :)

yay, another chapter out already, I was very happy to see that and that you have read my review :)
It was a very nice read, especially how Skye seems to be getting slowly back to life, or at least she's having a shot at it! I really like Skye's optimism and how she doesn't let the capitol take everything from her, and how her friends help her along.
Those men at the end, didn't they recognize her? I mean she should be exceptionally well known, especially in her own district, and are there really men stupid enough to attack a victor? Well, I guess we will find out in the next chapter .
As for tying loose ends: I am sure you will and I am very much looking forward to it. I always enjoy those moments of *Ahhh, that's why...* in stories. But I think that takes quite some advanced planning - so have you already mapped out the whole series? *impressed*

Enjoy your day! :)
Mina
AC chapter 6 . 3/19/2013
Wait! I've been assuming you're a girl this whole time! Are you? (I'm scared of what your answer may be.)
AC chapter 6 . 3/19/2013
I'm sorry that I'm posting numerous reviews at the same time, but I'm very scattered right now!
Anyway, GPC, I greatly appreciate your efforts to put up a different chapter each day! I think that it is unfair to ask authors to hurry up when writing, because writing seems to take a whole lot longer when you are writing it, than when you are reading it.
I know what you are thinking, and yes, I have strong opinions on EVERYTHING.
AC chapter 6 . 3/19/2013
Minerva1986, I really disagree with you! (No offense)
First of all, there was a message near the end of the first installment that said that this sequel would be posted at the same time as the last chapter!
Second, there aren't any loose ends that prevent you from understanding what's going on! I am extremely talented at finding loose ends, and I found that all the major ones left from "Crimson Sky" have been tied up quite nicely!
Okay...
Chocolate brown hair, eh? I always imagined Skye with blondish hair. (Don't give me dirt! I NEVER imagine characters how they are described!)
Anyway, "It's the food that's the real star tonight."
Another sentence very similar to one in Catching Fire: "But the real star of the night is the food."
I also found "chose" instead of "choose" at some point when Scion was speaking about appearances.
Also, a weird thing about this chapter: it seemed to ramble on, yet it seemed to rush. I just wrote that sentence, and it doesn't make sense to ME! Maybe, you should make it two chapters, so then you can even it out... (maybe?)
Wow, this is all so negative! I can't believe myself! I'm not usually so rude!
*this next thing is COMPLETELY opinionated*
I wish you would have described what Skye was wearing a bit more. I get where you're coming from [possibly]; Skye doesn't really care what she's wearing, and this whole thing is from her point of view. I like to get a very specific picture of how a character looks at a specific time, because I'm a very passionate artist, and I've been drawing pictures of different female characters from stories I like. I also understand how hard it is to insert specific things like that in a piece of writing , without making it seem like a list. That's one of my greatest downfalls; It's hard for me to let my writing convey my thoughts while flowing in a sensible way. I used the word "specific" at least three times in that last paragraph! There's proof that my vocabulary isn't anywhere near as extensive as yours!
And, yes, you are very cryptic, as I don't know how old anybody else is, either! But, I sincerely doubt you are younger than I am. I am VERY young. Like, whatever age you THINK I am, subtract four years. Very young.
Very.
Young.
Sorry, I was trying to make that sound like the line from a movie I have stuck in my head. (The line from the movie is stuck in my head, not the movie.)
Do you ever get movie lines stuck in your head? Okay, okay. I'll leave you to do something more productive with your time.
charliesunshine chapter 6 . 3/19/2013
that was a brilliant chapter, scion really creeps me out but poor skye please don't make her turn into a prostitute of the capitol, but yeah update again soon
Minerva1986 chapter 6 . 3/19/2013
Only found out about this sequel yesterday when I checked your profile page for updates of the first story. Maybe you could add a link or a message to that first story so people don't miss out? Or maybe I was the only one too thick to find it, then never mind ;)
With the sequel there are still too many loose ends for me to figure out what is really going on, although the last chapter provided much more information on that part. I very much felt for Skye during the Victor Tour and Scion is just creeping me out. At first I thought Scion was in league with the president, with all that freedom to do what he wants. Since this last chapter I am wondering though, since Skye believes the president doesn't know about him. As for him wishing her to become a commentator of the hunger games - omg just no. Poor Skye, I am anxious to see how that will turn out!
58 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »