Reviews for Cracks In The Ice
ayyyyyy ice palace
Pitch Black Rayne chapter 24 . 1/11
I just would like to let you know that this story just kinda helped me a little bit, as I have a mild case of depression and self-harm often, I don't especially like it but I kinda need it if you know what I mean. I can't even wear shorts or tank tops around people because of the scars and such, and I'm kinda ashmed to put this down but I did it again less then an hour ago, I constantly feel like a burden and that I shouldn't exist, but fimding this story made me realize that things can get better. And no I'm not trying to get attention, far from it actually, it has just honestly made me feel better to tell someone this even though I can't garentee that you might read this, it has just made me feel better to finaly tell someone about it, my family doesn't even know about it.

Basically what I am trying to say is, that finding this story has made me realize that it can get better, as one could put it, and for that I am really gratefull that you wrote this story and I was able to find it. So, thank you for your help.
I pwrson chapter 23 . 11/5/2016
The FEELS
nightfury153 chapter 24 . 10/14/2016
this is super super touching. i know this was updated a long time ago, but i hope you're still doing better and staying clean. this story touched me in a way that not a lot of stories have, and like you, i also write to escape self-harm/suicide thoughts.

again, thank you so much for this story that brought me to tears. all my love.

P.S. you're going on my favorite author list. :)
Nightfury153 chapter 23 . 10/14/2016
this chapter actually brought me to tears. thank you.
Guest chapter 24 . 8/11/2016
thank you. for this. and for you.
MaddyPines chapter 24 . 6/29/2016
Sorry to hear about that... But I really loved this book! Is that what you would call it? I've only read a few things on here, but this was one of my favorites! You did a really good job! Hope you get better!
Guest chapter 24 . 6/13/2016
This was so great I felt so many emotions reading it please write more even a book or make a movie bc this was a masterpiece you have a great talent
DOCTORSINTHETARDIS chapter 23 . 6/1/2016
Thanks...I...I really needed to read this :) T.T
Skypeoplephoenix732 chapter 24 . 4/16/2016
I hope this finds you well :) I found this from another person's favorites. I... struggle with self-injury. After years of me biting my lip so fiercely it bled, a lot - it helped somewhat like cutting helps some - my mom finally noticed how often it looked cracked. She dismisses it as me not caring about my appearance, thus thrusting chapstick at me every so often - even then, it's weeks between when she notices. I'm doing it less and less, and it's finally turned into a scar, a trench of lighter skin running down the center of my bottom lip. Mom noticed tonight, but it's barely even a tiny bit pinker from the soft biting - just a light pressure, really - out of nervous habit. She just finally noticed the scar. Ha, it's been like that for weeks, maybe even months. Some... other things going on and piling up led me to... escalate. I tried to cut myself with my razor on... well, a week ago I guess. The blade was too dull to break skin. I got a new blade afterwards, but there hasn't been time yet to try it. I'm trying to stop, really. Most days I can just tough it up and "smile" until I can reasonably go to the bathroom or just away from people, but... on the bad ones it's hard to make it through the day with more than a neutral expression. Those are getting more frequent. A couple people online have offered to talk with me, but one I have a feeling thinks it'll all just work itself out and everything will go "back" to "normal". I don't have a normal. This has become normal. The second... I just don't know her as well and have know idea how she'll react or if it'll even help to talk with her. Both still only know the surface.
You're probably not even looking at this story's comments at this point, but this helped a little bit, I guess. The story itself was uplifting and gave me a small smile - I'm sorry, but all I can manage right now
marieskeez chapter 24 . 4/3/2016
Love this story its real and actually shows what self harmers go through all the time...
LiteratureGirl12 chapter 4 . 3/5/2016
You know it's really ironic actually. When I first started reading this story I was listening to never be alone.
Guest chapter 24 . 2/29/2016
Thank you so much for writing this. You expressed so many feelings through your writing that i was never able to name. The ending note made me tear up. Please get better. Im trying to do the same and helps to know that there are others that have formed the same unhealthy habit. Once again thank you!
Luke-Bones chapter 24 . 2/29/2016
Thank you. I don't know much else to say, really. This story wasn't easy to get through, not without some unappealing feelings welling up, but the ending and message gave me more hope in myself than I've felt in a long time. Thank you, truly.
Ace chapter 24 . 1/24/2016
This is a great story and I love how your message is explained and implied though-out. and its a finished story, love them lol. Hope you keep writing on all sorts ;), because just like me I bet there are many others who enjoyed this x