Reviews for Great and Unfortunate Things
PeachesArt4Life chapter 1 . 2/5
You writers who act like all of Brian's business is Michael's are quite irritating. Uh..ANNOYING... Michael should be put in his place. That also goes for the rest of the gang, but especially Michael ( always, pretty much demanding to know Brian's business). Brian and Justin's business is just that, their business and their business only. When you are romantically involved, when you are a couple, what goes on between the two of you is between the two of you. To share that with someone else is strictly up to the couple. Which, the couple should be in mutual agreement if that information bothers either of them. The title 'Best Friend' doesn't give them right to know. This also goes for Daphne with Justin. Just because their best friends, doesn't mean that Justin has tell her everything that is going on in his relationship. This includes nosey demanding family members. The only person who has a right to know you that well and deep, is the person you're in love with and building a relationship with. Period! It's not okay, but it's okay to write an over sharing script in sometimes. But this seems to be the case most of the time in a Brian and Justin story. Michael and Daphne need to be told that that their business ( relationship ) is no one's business but their own ( Brian and Justin ). If they choose to share something minor, that would be their choice. However, if it's something they don't want to share, then both, Michael and Daphne need to respect that. They also need to honor and respect if shared information is to be kept a secret. I mean, doesn't anyone know the meaning of the title 'Best Friend' anymore? Especially Michael! It doesn't take him long to spread the news. Even in anger, such information should be kept quiet. Just saying... Also, readers who like lengthy Brian and Justin stories, are disappointed when the majority of the story entails problems, anger, sadness, and or some other catastrophe. When they're finally happy, if they ever reach that particular emotion and/ or chapter of their lives. The author, then wraps it up and end it. THAT'S IT! Okay, Seriously... I don't mean everything has to be perfect. Of course not! Life's not perfect! By all means, include all the above if you like. Just please don't end it as soon as Brian and Justin are happy. ... I noted that you only give thanks for the kind reviews. I don't know how you may view this, but I see this as constructive criticism. I speak for myself, but I get the feeling that quite a few people would agree with some, if not everything I've spoken of in this review. ... Who knows, if you take this information into consideration, your quantity of readers may increase significantly. I'm only in the middle of this story, but I get the feeling that it's going to end once Brian and Justin resolve things and are happy. ... .. Or.. Just maybe'Happy' won't be coming in this story at all.
willsonny chapter 25 . 7/21/2014
Wow. What a great story.
lindsay22la chapter 25 . 6/16/2014
Wow. What a great story. I have been reading this all week, pacing myself to make it last. Your story and characters really swept me away. Thank you so much for this. Now, I'm off to read more of your work!
LittleMissMarie chapter 25 . 12/22/2013
Wow! What a fantiastic story. So glad to read a happy ending for Brian and Justin :) Loved it!
aprilhope chapter 25 . 12/17/2013
Fantastic fic!
(I didn't think Justin cared about being famous either. Thanks for that.)
livedays chapter 25 . 11/19/2013
This was one of the best B/J stories I ever read thank you
iCareAboutHim chapter 21 . 11/11/2013
I guess I can't imagine Brian not taking control of the "trick". It's not like him to be so vulnerable. And he certainly has every bit of self control. He fucks around not because he needs, but because he wants to. And he never tempted himself with kissing anyone after their commitment. So it's a bit hard imagining him not being able to restrain himself. He promised and he is Brian Kinney. That's more than enough for it to work.
iCareAboutHim chapter 2 . 11/11/2013
I hope Justin has more of a backbone and comes..
arakiss chapter 25 . 10/27/2013
Great work! 10x!
oak willow chapter 25 . 10/2/2013
This is the best post 513 fic I have ever read. Thank you for writing such a great story. I look forward to reading more of your excellent writing :)
hieme chapter 25 . 10/2/2013
It's a beautiful story, just what I needed after finishing season 5 ;) Thank you for writing this, stayed up all night to finish reading it
Guest chapter 25 . 8/31/2013
I very much liked this story. I have to admit there were slow parts that I had to struggle to want to finish reading, but overall a very good story. You did a fabulous job!
Guest chapter 24 . 8/31/2013
Another great chapter. I like the way you have brought this story to this culminating end.
Guest chapter 23 . 8/30/2013
I loved this chapter. I like the fact that Brian is beginning to come to terms that he is human, too, so to speak.
jerseybelle chapter 25 . 8/29/2013