Reviews for The Day After
JcRMaO chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
You gonna finish this?
Psionycx chapter 4 . 5/11/2013
Really great stuff! Hope you haven't abandoned it for good.
DalWriter chapter 4 . 4/18/2013
These stories are really delicious. You do an excellent job of capturing their underlying vibe on the show.
Magpie1600 chapter 4 . 4/4/2013
Just read the first and this follow up. Can't wait for more.
Leo6656 chapter 4 . 3/30/2013
Woohoo!
francis2 chapter 4 . 3/30/2013
I love how they tease each other.
xoxButterflysTornadoxox chapter 4 . 3/30/2013
I was grinning like a fool, I really was!
francis2 chapter 3 . 3/29/2013
I love this chapter, Steve thinking about stuff.
Guest chapter 3 . 3/29/2013
This is genius. Please continue it :D
Leo6656 chapter 3 . 3/28/2013
Woohoo! Glad to see this follow up story!
4thofFive chapter 3 . 3/27/2013
Beautiful. I love the way you write.
francis2 chapter 2 . 3/9/2013
I love this, the backstory of how Danny became who he is now.
minea chapter 2 . 3/8/2013
I love your stories. I love steve and danny bickering.
Anon chapter 2 . 3/8/2013
Thanks for the fun read. Nice to see some Danny/Steve relationships that could actually make sense, and aren't all about the "getting together" aspect!

As for the timeline thing: I think that while the dates would work for Peterson to go to jail around 2001, not everyone has a trial immediately after they are arrested. He could of been in prison for a year or whatever (or charged and out on bail for 2 years) before a trial date was set. This would mean that Danny and Grace could of been partners for longer. And I wouldn't be surprised if Peterson had friends on the force that he kept in touch with even after being convicted (can't imagine he'd be the only one on the "take") that could of fed him information about Danny and his family- after all he'd have 10 years to work on a plan of revenge!

Again, good story, and can't wait to read more from you.
CMariaD chapter 2 . 3/8/2013
OK this comment is more about your post-chapter Author's Notes than the chapter itself. Hope that's OK. But I do like the story!

I had some things that bugged me, in retrospect, about the Rick Peterson episode in S2 as well. Like, if Rick was-presumably-imprisoned for pretty much the entire time Grace was alive, how could he know that SHE'D know about the bad garage door that he mentioned to make her trust him enough to go with him when he showed up at her tennis lesson & said he was to take her to the hospital because Danny had been taken there after being hurt? Especially since it was established in S1 that Grace was age 8 through most of it & that she had turned 10 by the timeline of the S3 Halloween ep (Danny actually refers to her as "my 10-year-old daughter" in the S3 Halloween ep).

I get that he knows Grace exists by the time he gets released-I buy that there are ways he could find that out, even if Danny was no longer in contact with him by then; they probably have mutual friends still in contact with Rick after his imprisonment who might mention Grace's birth to him, somehow, unwittingly (or something). But I don't get how he knows what would work to entice her to go with him. I mean, she may have never lived in that house, that she could remember, & Danny & Rachel subsequently may never have referred to it or the bad garage door in front of her.

Also... I didn't like that Peterson called Danny "D" in the ep. Not after Steve used "D" 1st (in at least 2 S1 eps... the 1 about the murder of Danny's HPD partner, Meka, & the 1 with the "Johnny D" character in it... but Steve hasn't used "D" since then [frown]). Sigh... Bad choice of the writers to have Peterson & Steve have the same nickname for Danny, IMHO. At least Steve still has "Danno"... It's cool that he shares that with Gracie.