Reviews for Godzilla & King Kong: Book Two
Guest chapter 15 . 2/23/2014
I guess the last three chapters were just meant to show and develop the generals. Hagans reminds me a lot of the other guy (I forget his name), who commanded the Arctic naval battle against Godzilla.
DeathGoblin chapter 41 . 2/25/2014
I think jets would be a more suitable way to slow Godzilla down. They can't do any damage, but like Mothra, they can dance around Godzilla and drive him crazy. I'll be looking forward to your next update of this and I hope my reviews have been helpful.
DeathGoblin chapter 40 . 2/25/2014
This chapter, along the last few, felt like only part of a chapter. I think it would have been better to lump them all together.
DeathGoblin chapter 39 . 2/25/2014
I like that you're having the military adapt to Godzilla instead of just throwing more weapons at him.
DeathGoblin chapter 38 . 2/25/2014
You've done well presenting Kong as a contrast to Godzilla. You've also made it somewhat believable that he could remain hidden from satellites (the fog cover never occurred to me).
DeathGoblin chapter 37 . 2/25/2014
The idea of martial law is a nice touch. Even if Godzilla isn't in the area, his impact can still be felt in multiple places.
DeathGoblin chapter 36 . 2/25/2014
I really like the idea of Godzilla moving over land for extended periods of time instead of just returning to the ocean. The fact that this is burning godzilla was also a nice touch and makes me curious about what will happen next.
DeathGoblin chapter 35 . 2/25/2014
I liked the idea of this chapter, but again it feels too short and it would have been nice to have more information on what Hagans does next instead of saving it for the next chapter.
DeathGoblin chapter 34 . 2/25/2014
This is a really depressing chapter, and a good look at Shepard's angle, though it still feels like he's overburdening the plot. Once again, you've conjured up images from 1954 so good job if that was your goal.
DeathGoblin chapter 33 . 2/23/2014
I liked your description of the attack. It was very reminiscent of the burning of Tokyo in Gojira. One issue was that the descriptions were all over the place. I think this would have been better as a series of scenes, each from the perspective of a human character to anchor the reader. The policeman seemed like he would've been the anchor point once Godzilla hit Waterville.
DeathGoblin chapter 32 . 2/23/2014
You've done well building the anticipation to Godzilla's arrival. I'm wondering what will happen to Shepard and his loved ones when Godzilla finally comes ashore.
DeathGoblin chapter 31 . 2/23/2014
Shellburn has a point. In fact, if the military is going to fight Godzilla it makes more sense that they would create a path for him and shoot from the sides/back.
DeathGoblin chapter 30 . 2/23/2014
I guess Hagans will finally get to test himself against Godzilla. You've portrayed the panic surrounding Godzilla nicely.
DeathGoblin chapter 28 . 2/23/2014
Kong's lack of damage makes sense, but I don't see how he could hide, even in the mountains, unless he remained still for hours or days on end. Satellites ought to be able to find him or the trail of uprooted trees he inevitably creates. He might be able to hide in a redwood forest though since those trees can actually be taller than him.
DeathGoblin chapter 27 . 2/23/2014
Archer really seems like a psychopath with how he mimics empathy while having none.