Reviews for Tale As Old As Time
FANTASTIC️️
sildarmillion chapter 17 . 10/4
You know, I came across a YouTube video intercutting scenes from the Disney animated BatB and scenes between Jaime/Brienne. I hadn't really considered that they could have a BatB type relationship. And the dynamics here are so interesting. He has the Beast role clearly, a crippled bitter man, cursed by Catelyn Stark no less for his crimes, doomed to live out his days in a bitter state. Brienne is the honorable and noble and innocent presence that "lifts the curse". Yet, the appearance aspect is switched he is the really attractive one to look at, and she's the "ugly" one. Somehow that's a better homage to BatB than the original itself, especially if it's supposed to be about inner beauty.

I was kinda hoping we'd get to see Cersei or Tywin, although you did cleverly write them out. Since you went off-canon anyways, I'd say you could have went full AU and simplified the backstory a little. Not that it matters to those of us who are familiar with the incredibly complex plot. But this could have worked as an actual BatB retelling if the backstory were simplified and didn't rely on prior knowledge of ASoIaF.

One last comment: You write really great letters. The whole story was well-written and had a spot on tone, but, man, are you skilled at writing letters and conveying SO much about Brienne's state of mind in between the lines. I'm really glad you finished the story!
Dreamin chapter 17 . 9/27
I love this story so much. Such a perfect ending.
Half-elf chapter 17 . 9/27
I am so very happy that you finished this. I remember staying up way later than I should have on my first read through, it was very addictive. In fact, this deserves another read through now that it's complete. Wonderful job!
Ragna01 chapter 17 . 9/26
Oh my! I dont think I ever anticipated an ending of a a fanfic as much as this one. I mean, you published it in 2013 and went on hiatus for a long time and BAM! TWO CHAPTERS coming out so close together, Im still in shock but so very happy! Thank you so much for the most wonderful story!
Ragna01 chapter 16 . 9/25
I cant believe it! I admit that after so much time had passed I had already resigned myself to only half hearted attempts to imagine what could probably happen next. Lets say Im very bad at fleshing out stories so when the alert show up at my email I was over the moon! Thank you so much for updating. And God bless Tyrion for being the sole voice of reason in the whole Rock!
Scylla's revenge chapter 17 . 9/24
IT'S BACK! I'm so glad to see you're continuing this fic! It's one of my favorite Game of Thrones fics and I love your take on my favorite characters and favorite pairing :) I'm really looking forward to seeing Jaime shape up and fix things with him and Brienne.
SillyKatja chapter 17 . 9/24
Oh how I love this fic! Jamie and Brienne are just perfect for one another, and I love how you keep the characters believable and don't change them to fit to some cringy storyline. I can't wait to see how Westeros, Cersie and Tywin will react to the new lady of the Rock!
cherrymystery chapter 17 . 9/24
Yeyyyyyyyy finally they're together! I was sure Tyrion would have a hand in it
Can't wait for the wedding and what follows ;) I sure hope you won't end the tale with "they got married and lived happily ever after" You're such a good writer and faithful to my 3 fav characters so I'm counting on you keeping the story goin'
cherrymystery chapter 16 . 9/24
Yesss! Than You so much for continuing this fanfic; I had given up on it, but was super excited when I saw the notification in my inbox! I've followed it for 4 years now, even though I'm not much of a reviewer... Can't wait for the next chapter! Please don't make us wait too long!
Skye the Biker Chick chapter 16 . 9/23
Yes! I was afraid I would never know what happened next. Thanks for the posting this chapter. Now I can't wait for the next chapter to be posted. I feel like punching Jaime so he gets his shit together, but I guess we will see.
Scarlett chapter 10 . 7/22
this was so wonderfully sweet and yes ! holy shit ! Brienne as Master of Arms? That's so perfect!
Scarlett chapter 4 . 7/18
I'm so into this l;sdkflasf
Scylla's revenge chapter 15 . 5/11
I know this story is nearly four years old by now, so it's unlikely that you'll ever finish it. But I just wanted to say it's one of my all-time favorites, and is so well written and fun to read that it makes me ship Brienne and Jaime so much my head might explode. I dearly hope you'll finish this story someday, or at least not leave us on such a depressing note as this last chapter. Either way, I'll probably be back every now and again to reread what's already been written, whenever I'm in a Game of Thrones-y mood.
mspstar97 chapter 15 . 2/5
WAIT WHAT?! IT'S NOT DONE?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I completely thought this fic was complete was when I clicked on this story. I'd just gotten into GoT after realizing my university provides me with free HBOGo and really liked the Jaime/Brienne pairing, so I looked up some fanfics. Yours looked especially promising, and I really enjoyed it thus far, but you're so close to the end (if you're following the beauty and the beast parallel). I know it's been almost 4 years, but PLEASE consider finishing this. :)