Reviews for Tale As Old As Time
paper.boat chapter 10 . 8/12
i am melting this is too pure ! really i can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
paper.boat chapter 7 . 8/12
I am delighted, this chapter i D
paper.boat chapter 5 . 8/12
Oh daaamn I loved this chapter so much, this is the start of something new !
paper.boat chapter 4 . 8/12
Your story is so good ! I really like the way you describe both Jaime and Brienne, their characters are very believable and realistic, and the atmosphere you created is perfect. I also absolutely loved the prologue ! I was looking for a good Jamie/Brienne fic and after these first chapters I think I finally found it ! Can't wait to read the next chapters :)
bolinthings chapter 17 . 5/11
Nooo! I wanted more of little Timeon and Brienne! This story was a great read. I especially enjoyed hearing the different voices in his head. Man Jaime can be a right bastard! And I liked the insight into his treatment of Tyrion, the regret he felt for not being the big brother his mother would have expected him to be. But it was cool to see that, even though his and Tyrion's relationship was complicated by Cersei and Tywin, they still understood and cared for each other in their own ways.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/8/2017
FANTASTIC️️
sildarmillion chapter 17 . 10/4/2017
You know, I came across a YouTube video intercutting scenes from the Disney animated BatB and scenes between Jaime/Brienne. I hadn't really considered that they could have a BatB type relationship. And the dynamics here are so interesting. He has the Beast role clearly, a crippled bitter man, cursed by Catelyn Stark no less for his crimes, doomed to live out his days in a bitter state. Brienne is the honorable and noble and innocent presence that "lifts the curse". Yet, the appearance aspect is switched he is the really attractive one to look at, and she's the "ugly" one. Somehow that's a better homage to BatB than the original itself, especially if it's supposed to be about inner beauty.

I was kinda hoping we'd get to see Cersei or Tywin, although you did cleverly write them out. Since you went off-canon anyways, I'd say you could have went full AU and simplified the backstory a little. Not that it matters to those of us who are familiar with the incredibly complex plot. But this could have worked as an actual BatB retelling if the backstory were simplified and didn't rely on prior knowledge of ASoIaF.

One last comment: You write really great letters. The whole story was well-written and had a spot on tone, but, man, are you skilled at writing letters and conveying SO much about Brienne's state of mind in between the lines. I'm really glad you finished the story!
Dreamin chapter 17 . 9/27/2017
I love this story so much. Such a perfect ending.
Half-elf chapter 17 . 9/27/2017
I am so very happy that you finished this. I remember staying up way later than I should have on my first read through, it was very addictive. In fact, this deserves another read through now that it's complete. Wonderful job!
Ragna01 chapter 17 . 9/26/2017
Oh my! I dont think I ever anticipated an ending of a a fanfic as much as this one. I mean, you published it in 2013 and went on hiatus for a long time and BAM! TWO CHAPTERS coming out so close together, Im still in shock but so very happy! Thank you so much for the most wonderful story!
Ragna01 chapter 16 . 9/25/2017
I cant believe it! I admit that after so much time had passed I had already resigned myself to only half hearted attempts to imagine what could probably happen next. Lets say Im very bad at fleshing out stories so when the alert show up at my email I was over the moon! Thank you so much for updating. And God bless Tyrion for being the sole voice of reason in the whole Rock!
Scylla's revenge chapter 17 . 9/24/2017
IT'S BACK! I'm so glad to see you're continuing this fic! It's one of my favorite Game of Thrones fics and I love your take on my favorite characters and favorite pairing :) I'm really looking forward to seeing Jaime shape up and fix things with him and Brienne.
SillyKatja chapter 17 . 9/24/2017
Oh how I love this fic! Jamie and Brienne are just perfect for one another, and I love how you keep the characters believable and don't change them to fit to some cringy storyline. I can't wait to see how Westeros, Cersie and Tywin will react to the new lady of the Rock!
cherrymystery chapter 17 . 9/24/2017
Yeyyyyyyyy finally they're together! I was sure Tyrion would have a hand in it
Can't wait for the wedding and what follows ;) I sure hope you won't end the tale with "they got married and lived happily ever after" You're such a good writer and faithful to my 3 fav characters so I'm counting on you keeping the story goin'
cherrymystery chapter 16 . 9/24/2017
Yesss! Than You so much for continuing this fanfic; I had given up on it, but was super excited when I saw the notification in my inbox! I've followed it for 4 years now, even though I'm not much of a reviewer... Can't wait for the next chapter! Please don't make us wait too long!