Reviews for A Nobler Race of Men
Anya chapter 13 . 5/30/2003
This was really good! I haven't seen many fanfics this well-written. Your use of dialogue is to be commended and I look forward to reading more of your work! (that's a hint in case it wasn't obvious) :)
fanofsmith chapter 13 . 11/7/2002
Whew-a fantastic read-thanks so much!

I read it all in two sittings-what a great page turner!
Kris5 chapter 13 . 10/14/2002
Ohhhhh, I'm SO sorry I didn't get to review this sooner! I haven't even checked in the last two weeks 'cause I've been loaded with exams. This semester is crazy! Anyway, have I mentioned before that I love this fic? Cause I do-very, very, very much! Nice work with Zeller, you made her realize some truths, but at the same time she kept her original political position. Very realistic. And I absolutely love Phlox in this and how he refused another chess match with her. She won a stupid game, but he saved a station of people. Yeah, it's kinda easy to see who had the last laugh here! LOL.

Hope to see another fic by you soon! :)
technetium chapter 13 . 9/26/2002
Very good. I'm reminded of the old curse disguised as a blessing - "May you live in interesting times."
Kris5 chapter 12 . 9/23/2002
I'm glad Phlox was the one to break the news to Zeller, it's poetic justice. But, seeing such a strong character such as Zeller broken almost makes me feel bad for her. And I'm so glad you didn't make Zeller and Phlox hug and 'make up' in a nice neat way. 'Cause you're right: racial discriminations don't disappear over night. Thanks for keeping it real. Looking forward to the conclusion of this brillant fic! :)
Kris5 chapter 11 . 9/20/2002
I really liked this chapter. By making Zeller somewhat acknowledge her own misgivings you have made her into a more rounded and 'human' character. Oh, and I loved the part where Archer thought T'Pol wanted him to drop his pants, LOL! It's always good to have some humor to lighten the mood! This is an excellent story and I hope you keep it up. I'm really surprised more people aren't reviewing. I personally think it's wonderful.
technetium chapter 10 . 9/16/2002
I think you're doing a very good job so far. I almost feel sorry for astrid. WebMD and the Centers for Disease Control website have a lot of good medical info. Just promise me that they won't find an antibiotic that magically cures the disease (antibiotics kill bacteria - antivirals or possibly gene therapy in the future would be used to kill a virus) - sorry, that's one of my pet peeves.
smiley chapter 10 . 9/16/2002
This is from the CDC.

This is from WebMD and it has alot of links were you can get more info on the virus.

encyclopedia/article/4115.251
Hoshissis chapter 9 . 9/14/2002
Please continue with more chapters, I am anxious to find out what happens...Very enjoyable
Kris5 chapter 9 . 9/13/2002
You write Phlox soooo well and I like what you've done with Ensign Cutler! Great job! Please continue.
Nanigi Breedlove chapter 8 . 9/13/2002
I think your story is great, the characters all seem to fit and the plotline is intelligent
Chris Stumpf chapter 8 . 9/9/2002
I've been enjoying this story, exploring prejudice in this setting. It is very well written, I like your characterization of Phlox. I have only one problem with the story. No medical expert would enter a quarentined area infected by an unknown and fatal disease without a biosuit. By having Astrid Zeller do so and then bring Enterprise personnel over unprotected shows a level of arrogance that would have been her undoing long ago, but more importantly, it shows incompetence. Also, Phlox and Archer and allowing the medical crew to go over unprotected and the medical crew themselves not protesting or insisting is absolutely ludicrous. Even if you have a plan to use it as a plot device, I wish you would consider changing it. It is becoming enough to ruin a truly excellent story.
Meg chapter 1 . 9/7/2002
So far, this story looks good! An ambitious topic to tackle, and it's handled well. Although we haven't seen much in the episodes about Phlox's problems in dealing with human prejudices, one has to assume there would still be a significant number of racists around, even in the more enlightened future. I like it that Phlox keeps on playing chess, even though he isn't as skilled - that really says something for his perseverance. I wonder, though, if the entire crew of Enterprise would be as tolerant as the officers. Maybe Zeller might find some more sympathetic ears among the enlistees, leaving Archer with a dilemma as to what to do about it?

Waiting for more . . .
technetium chapter 6 . 9/4/2002
You're doing a good job on this story. I'm interested in seeing what happens next.
Mara Greengrass chapter 2 . 9/4/2002
I'm definitely enjoying this, and I'm not done reading yet, but I had to stop and say how much I liked the line "I don?t think it can be expressed as a function of those rather finite numbers, captain." Ah yes, I've known people like that, too :)

In any case, it's nice to read a story that has a good solid plot as well as interesting character interaction. Now, I'm going to go back and finish chapter 2 before my lunch hour ends!