Reviews for Old Fashion Ideal
Currahee506 chapter 18 . 12/31/2014
Nice
sparkles-n-sunshine chapter 18 . 9/12/2013
I have two words for you:
Loved. It.

I'm off to read the sequel! :)
radiolover1029 chapter 18 . 5/17/2013
In my opinion, I could not follow the story past the third chapter. The structure was not that great considering the grammar was incoherent. Please check all work through vigorous editing. So many incomplete and broken english sentences!

The dialogue was bothersome. You basically followed the cookie cutter format by inserting character and using movie dialogue has her own. I pieced together some things about the development of your oc. Its doable but you need to try to piece them together better. Its hard to follow through and without reading it completely there wasn't strong relationship bonds with any of the characters. I dont know if it was just me, but thats my input.

Take what I've written as constructive criticism. I wish you luck in all your future endeavors.
ym4yum1 chapter 16 . 5/8/2013
I like that you kept things separately. Steve taking care of Eve, sweet, meaningful, and it didn't interfere with the movies powerful scenes.

Clint and Nat relationship and strong bond. Steve unconditional trust, no blame no questions. He earned both spies trust at that very moment. They'd o anything for him. :)

And Steve and Tony leaving everything behind. Tony was lost, 'we are not soldiers' meaning 'I never experienced something like that, I don't know what to do, I'm full of grieve and fear, I'm lost'. And Steve realizing all this, understanding how hard it all was to a civilian. Steve is younger than Tony, but his experience in the worst war of all times make him wiser than all his chronological years. It was the start of their understanding of each other.

Scenes that were perfect already! :)
Lollypops101 chapter 18 . 5/1/2013
i loved it! will there be a sequel?
Sharpie-Marker1101 chapter 16 . 4/25/2013
Awesome story! I love how compatible Evie and Steve are.
Lollypops101 chapter 16 . 4/24/2013
i expected evie to go with them. will she join the fight later?
ym4yum1 chapter 15 . 4/23/2013
Oh dear... I'm crying... poor Evie...

Tony uses jokes to hide his feelings. He was crushed with Phil's death. He cares... he just not used to have anyone to show...

"I can't lose you…I can't…. God my world is caving in on me. Steve…I can't" Evie cried.

That's the greatest challenge in loving a super hero... he's not easy to kill and that's why he'll risk more... and she knows it... Poor Evie!

"Not when emotions are so strong or if the person is in emotion turmoil or …well guess not really"

I'm happy she told Steve... nothing better than the truth!
Lollypops101 chapter 15 . 4/23/2013
poor girl.
Lollypops101 chapter 14 . 4/22/2013
so sad. poor evie!
ym4yum1 chapter 14 . 4/22/2013
"He kissed me, and asked to me his girl. We understand each other Phil. You said you wanted me to date a gentleman. Who's better than your hero?"

No one dear! I'm happy you told Phil! :)

"I would have told you Evie."

I'm glad Phil didn't know about that Destiny Project.

"Phil, Phil! Stay with me…Stay with me. Please don't leave me." Evie sobbed.

And no matter how many times I read it or watch it, this scene makes me so sad... I want Phil alive... :(
ym4yum1 chapter 13 . 4/22/2013
"All I have to do is think about is the thousands of people who could be hurt or killed if this war happens. I know I could not live with myself if I let myself fall apart when the world needed me most. I believe you would understand that."

This work for both of them. Their duties first. The right thing. Save the world! That's why she's so perfect for him!

"Phase 2 is S.H.E.I.L.D uses the cube to make weapons." Steve states. He turned then to Tony. "Sorry the computer was moving a little slow for me." Steve said.

I'll never get tired of this line! Steve was FASTER than JARVIS! How can anyone write about him being technologically challenged? Right? Never. How can Tony makes jokes about him when he beat his marvelous AI? What he doesn't know, he can learn, and quickly! :D

"She stepped back trying to get away from the angry that was radiated from everyone. She put her hands to her head."

Poor Evelyn, telepathy is a great power but in a situate like that is a great weakness...

"A hero? Like you? You're a Laboratory experiment, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle." Tony said.

I'm sorry but I have to talk about Tony and Steve's fight when they were under Loki's evil influence.
Steve only said what was in Tony's files, and unfortunately that was true about who Tony was... before... (In the two Iron Man movies, Tony was attacked and defend himself, and people around him). But now the world is in danger, and Steve harsh words made Tony think. They were the push Tony needed to became a true hero!
But what Tony said was a lie. Steve was special for his heart. That why he was chosen, that what made him the hero he is. Dr. Erskine said it. Must be in Steve files, notes, and Howard must have praise him all the time.
So, people usually write Steve apologizing with Tony, who prove him wrong, and yes, this is something Steve would do, the right thing. But Tony is the one who owes Steve the huge apology at all...

xxoo Mari
ym4yum1 chapter 12 . 4/19/2013
You know, I don't like stories that change the avengers movie... But I'm here loving Evelyn! She's so perfect for him! She can read minds, and see all the bad in the world. He's just good! No secrets, nothing to hide! And all her past, poor girl!
I wish we could jump to the end of the movie and focus on these two! The 'romance' part only! Maybe travel to find her past... But just the two of them. It's so intense and breathtaking!
Keep writing, please! :)
Lollypops101 chapter 12 . 4/18/2013
did phil know about evie's past?
Torilovesu chapter 11 . 4/18/2013
LOVE THIS STORY! please update soon.