Reviews for Dreaming of Days Past
Made-in-Denmark chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Wow, I'm completly lost for words... Amazing
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
This is really good and really sweet oh my god.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Ah, the wise words of Neville :)

This was a really sweet little fic. It's really not my favourite pairing in the whole world, but when written well it can be sweet.

And I adored Neville in this, offering advice, Seamus only kind of listening.

Great job on this!
Montley chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
You did a great job with this, and I liked the Seamus and Neville bonding. The only problem I have with this is that I'm a hard core Seamus/Lavender shipper, but putting that aside this was a great fic. I liked how you explored Seamus' thoughts and feelings over it.
I liked the mention of Seamus' and Neville's different view points about God, because normally people during times like those begin to doubt God's existance, so great job with that!
Overrall this was a great fic!
Pafoof chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Great story! I have never read a Dean/Seamus pairing before and that was awesome!
Azerea chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I really liked this. The ending was just perfect. I can definitely relate to being strong in public but completely breaking down in private. And I loved how Seamus's dreams were the thing that kept him going. This was really sweet and sad. Good job.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Very true Neville. Nice piece, keep writing
APhoenixRising chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
This is a really beautiful story, the friendship between Neville and Seamus is wonderful as is the constant theme of loss throughout. I love some of the phrases in here especially 'I'm living the nightmares and dreaming my life' and then to go and visualise these dreams for us. It's beautiful. I also loved the last sentence, it's simple but effective. It typifies the characters completely, and I liked the line about crumbling in private. Gah! There's so much I love about this.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
So for a while I thought it was Seamus/Neville romance. That's what I thought you were writing when you told me about this, but then I realized to was friendship. It still turned out really good. The way that Neville attempts to comfort Seamus about Dean is lovely. We all know that, by this time, his Gran is on the run, so more than anyone, Neville knows what Dean is going through.

I'm guessing this is set during spring when Dean is at Shell Cottage. Because that's the only thing I can think of for Helena not returning to Dean. I really like the idea that Dean, without fail, sent home a drawing with a letter every two weeks. At least his family was kept in the loop about his safety.

["I'm living the nightmares and dreaming my life."] - This is one of my favorite lines. Because it shows how much hell they were going through with the Carrows' reign at Hogwarts.

The part about God is pretty much how I feel about it. As you know, I don't believe in God. I used to, growing up. But after mom got sick, I wondered why, if there was a God, he would let so much pain and suffering and horror happen in the world. I wondered why he would take her away from my family when she did nothing wrong. So to read that they wondered that too is really lovely. It makes me feel connected to the story.

["We suffer the pain for sake of the pleasure. / That's what being human is. That's what we won't give up. That's what we're fighting for. The right to be human"] - this is my other favorite line. I really love how knowledgable Neville is and how much he works to show what's worth fighting for, why they're fighting against the Carrows. They want to be human, and the Carrows are trying to overshadow that with their darkness.

This was just lovely. The friendship between Neville and Seamus in here is lovely. It's nice to see that they do get along very well, especially since they're the only two Gryffindor 7th years at Hogwarts. And how they kind of balance and encourage each other. The Deamus, while a big part of the story, didn't really overshadow the Seamus&Neville friendship, like the friendship didn't overshadow the Deamus. It was really a great balance.

Overall, gorgeous, darling. Absolutely gorgeous.
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Poor Seamus, and poor Neville too. This was really good, I thought it would be a Neville/Seamus romance but I'm glad it wasn't. I love Seamus/Dean and this was perfect. :)