Reviews for In The Beginning
Deborahpflover chapter 5 . 8/15
You can't imagine how much I like origin stories for the SPN universe, so finding this one was thrilling. And god, I love the way you explored Michael, Lucifer's, Raphael's and Gabriel's whole personality's. They're spot on, especially Michael's and Raphael's. Plus, the whole detailed explanation about how Heaven and Earth were created with evolution and religion mixed was awesome.
magicflyingmintbunnies chapter 5 . 5/17
This... this is one of the best SPN fanfics I've ever read. it made me cry, made me feel lonely, made feel happy, sad and a lot of other feelings. This is a very very excellent fanfic. Keep up the good work author. :)
icesong180 chapter 5 . 4/5/2014
This is it. The best story ever written about the four archangels. I cooed, then stared, then cried. Especially Michael trapping Lucifer. That was particularly heartbreaking. *Throws another tissue into the pile of around three hundred* I love your writing style, and you're an amazing author. :)
juz-a-reviewer chapter 5 . 11/12/2013
Your writing is beautiful. Such powerful emotions conveyed. And you kept them in character. I don't find many stories that do. I can believe that all this actually happened to them. That's how fantastic you are. Last chapter is my favourite. Continue writing wonderful stories!
Alycia chapter 5 . 10/30/2013
this was an excellently written fic, you have a real talent for writing and i would love to read more of ur works (I will) everything is awesome and there was an awesome feel to it
Guest chapter 5 . 10/12/2013
You have no idea how much I adore this. Pre-series angel fanfics are my absolute favourite, and the way you've written the archangels here is absolutely fantastic.

Michael locking Lucifer in the cage was heartbreaking, to say the least. The emotion and dialogue in that scene fit perfectly; you've got their characters down to a T.

Wonderful job! I can't wait to read more of your work. :)
GougeAway chapter 5 . 4/9/2013
What a perfect way to end it all. I'm trying really hard not to gush over it, but I've enjoyed this story so much, and this last chapter was actually really emotional in this very beautiful, subtle kind of way. I think you did make Lucifer sympathetic, just not overly so, and in a way that makes me appreciate him more, rather than him taking up the whole focus. You've written all the characters so well and I absolutely love the way you've written Gabriel. The last scene here is just perfect. I'm quite sad to see this story end, but it's something I know I'll likely go back and read again.

Looking forward to your Meg story! ;)
Zafy chapter 5 . 4/8/2013
Whaw, I really really loved your story!
I'm fond of fanfic with archangels from Supernatural (especially Michael), and yours is excellent! I have particulary appreciated the reason behind each archangel's charactere. So thank you!

I hope you will have the inspiration to write some others fanfic with them! )
(sorry if my english is not really good " )
SyfyGuy2 chapter 5 . 4/8/2013
Wow, what a story! You made it so full of suspense, angst and tragedy, and you portrayed all four of the Archangels brilliantly, especially Gabriel! Personally, I also liked how you gave life on the Earth's origins as those theorised by science; and I found it especially sad and moving when Gabriel was forced to watch his brothers turn on each other and when Michael was forced to seal Lucifer in the Cage to rot. I do feel that Lucifer should have been just a slightly more sympathetic character after his betrayal though, but apart from that, this story was one of the saddest, most suspenseful and most moving I have ever read!
ZenyZootSuit chapter 5 . 4/5/2013
*sobs* that was beautiful! I think you wrote Lucifer perfect. He can't be too sympathetic or he's not good ol' Luci. Amazing job with this!
ZenyZootSuit chapter 4 . 3/30/2013
Of course you wiped out multiple species of insect with a comet, dear Gabriel. We love you anyway :) Great ending to this chapter. It's like, craaaaap I know what's gonna come with this but ohhh I don't wanna see it but I do so badly at the same time. Best kind of suspense. I love this! Can't wait for chapter 5!
GougeAway chapter 4 . 3/29/2013
I adore this story. I've never seen any other story done in this way, and your style of writing is so effective. I love the way you've portrayed each character; it fits in with what we already know of them and you can see their distinct personalities as they are in the actual show. Very well paced and interestingly written. I can't really describe it or put it into words, but there's something so moving about this story and I can't put my finger on it. This has been an absolute joy to read, so thanks! I'd love to see how you pull it all together next chapter.
ZenyZootSuit chapter 3 . 3/23/2013
I love how you've used evolution instead of Genesis! Only one like it that I've found, great idea! I really like how you're portraying the angels, very close to the presonalities in the show, but not exact. It's nice to see a little difference. When Gabriel sent that comet hurling through HEaven in this chapter I was like "Oh gosh there go the dinosaurs." lol! Love this! Can't wait for next Friday!
dreamcatcher9000 chapter 3 . 3/22/2013
this seem reasonable enough with ralphael. props! :-)