Reviews for Galactic Life, and Reapers
Selias chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Just to be clear, is this an actual self-INSERT, or is it just some OC characters that were born in the ME universe?
Subject-Goto chapter 7 . 9/10/2013
I enjoyed this a lot!
I thought your description was excellent, and the writing was consistently well done.
The characters were surprisingly believable, considering the story, so kudos for that.
The dialogue, and humour were also brilliant, especially the 'business meeting', which I thought was hilarious. ("TEETH BABY")
I'm not able to pick out any flaws, this was funny as hell :P
LegionN7 chapter 31 . 9/4/2013
I loved the chapter. Hagebak's involvement in all these plot points is well-handled, and his flirtations with Aethyta were spot-on. I liked the history between Will and Ken, it certainly built on both their personalities. I truly hope to see a final chapter!
LegionN7 chapter 30 . 9/4/2013
Russell's colorful phrases, elbow rubbing proneness, and cynicism are always interesting. These 'snapshots' always manage to pack as much enjoyability as the more 'epic-length' chapters. Im hoping Russell gets a great sendoff next chapter!
LegionN7 chapter 29 . 9/4/2013
I JUST noticed that this is essentially the same thing twice... Gonna fix it soon, bro. David's circle of friends certainly is diverse and seems quite strategic, given galactic life. Akkar especially.
The reaction to Shepard was very believable, as well as the Reaper skepticism.
David's having a nice family life (for now HAHAHA!) is a nice counterpoint, also the Zahn-like use of 'point'... Great chapter, cant wait to read the rest!
LegionN7 chapter 28 . 9/4/2013
I'll be honest, this chapter was MUCH better than your previous ones. Maike felt more dynamic, he seemed to find purpose, even if he switches allegiance a bit fast. Sending his brother after him was an interesting move, and so was the hint that being taken to the Academy was a major familial disruption.
LegionN7 chapter 27 . 9/4/2013
You truly have a penchant for development and fight scenes; the interactions you had were very seamless and fit so well to the other's scenes. The 'little cat' metaphors made me think more of nekekami, but thats just me. Your side of these encounters is always very imteresting, the mixture of competence and almost-callowness. If I had one complaint, itd be that you didnt really detail messing up J-2, but perhaps the effect is better if the results are all there is to go by. Great chapter!
LegionN7 chapter 26 . 9/4/2013
Reading your work is always great. The character interactions even in 'downtime' are interesting, believable. Its great to read a character whos actually having some fun every so often. Ress is a very good character, and RJ and her are so cute together. Cant wait to read RJs next chapter!
LegionN7 chapter 25 . 9/4/2013
Eva's development is so thorough I can actually feel her psychosis and understand it through your portrayal. Shes not mindlessly evil either, which makes hers a much more interesting story. Vido's characterization was very good, and I really liked how you went in detail of her life in the Sun's custody. If I had a complaint, it would just be that she seems to have only one emotion at a time and locked into it, if that makes any sense. Cant wait to read the devious plots in tge next chapter!
LegionN7 chapter 24 . 9/3/2013
Not to toot my own horn, but I had a lot of fun writing the more humorous scenes. Like anything with Krieger and the Kahunas.
LegionN7 chapter 23 . 9/3/2013
Krieger's insults are really epic to behold, as well as his not giving a flip most other times. I really liked his encounter with Thane, though I confess a short bout of hand-to-hand would have made it pay off more.
Also, it seemed a bit off that accessing the Broker network once would doom him; unless it was Nyxeris who called it in. Great chapter, great resolution, and good riddance to Covingtwat!
LegionN7 chapter 22 . 9/3/2013
As always, a pleasure to read your chapters! The vividness of Kani's struggles, her levels of guile and emotion are all so real. Her development is very good for her situation, and you portray Afterlife and Eclipse very realistically. Cant wait to read more!
LegionN7 chapter 21 . 9/3/2013
Ive read this 18k chapter so many times, each time start to finish. The ground you cover is amazing, from Alice's personal life to field training to fieldcraft to fieldwork. The tapestry of connections built still amazes me, and your attention to detail makes it seem like an actual book. I have few complaints, a few misspellings is all. Cant wait to read Ch4!
LegionN7 chapter 20 . 9/3/2013
Very good chapter, the interweaving of the early sessions and the start of Kani and Krieger's relationship was a great touch. Also the espionage subplot was quite good, madness and cunning playing against brute force.
My only complaint would be the relative lack of reason for their continued states of being, but I know when that gets resolved ;)
Kendoka Girl chapter 22 . 6/14/2013
Wonderfully descriptive beginning that really sets the scene and the tone of the story. The emotional involvement into the characters is very well done and I get a sense of who these people are and what motivates them. The scenes with John and Kani were gripping and horrifying and you show a person who knows how to adapt and survive. Lastly, the action was intense and fast flowing, giving a great jolt into the story, making for a well-balanced tale with drama, character, and action.