Reviews for After the Storm
Isabel Nightray chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Dude I think I am in love with you, or at least your writing and understanding of my favorite couple ever. So, I have always imagine that a happy ending in Evangelion is so uncharacteristic that it's borderline unnatural but I don't know how you make it possible without it looking as if it's fake, it looks genuine and heartfelt but as messed up as Eva really is.
I really admire that you can accomplish this in your writing, this is my favorite Eva fic so far. Thanks for writing it.
AngelNo13Bardiel chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
I liked it. Kept mostly in-character, well-written, and slightly bittersweet...with a big helping of sweet to go along with that, too. Really, there are too few WAFFy post-EoE fics (then again, it's not as if it really brings those feelings to mind first).

Oh, and a neat little piece of serendipity: "Exit Music (For a Film)" came on while I read this. It just...fit so right for this story.
BrokenChosenofEva chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Wonderful job! I loved how you portrayed them, and their inner dialogues. I also like the back and forth focus on them, getting each PoV on the situation and their thoughts and feelings.

They were, to me, very in character. Both Shinji and Asuka, after breaking and experiencing Instrumentality, finally learn some truths and make a change of heart that will carry them into their new future.

BCE
Fujiyama chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I loved it. The tension & tender moment were well balanced. The ending was perfect. stories like these are my Bread & Butter.(and as a 19 going on 20 year old man, I have no shame in saying that) Great story.
Ether125 chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I really enjoyed this, characters seemed like themselves. Though I haven't seen the anime in a good while I loved what you've done, at first I didn't realize the characters switch to see both sides of what each character thought and said. If there was a continuation of this I would read it.
driftking18594 chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
This was a great story. Yes, it was WAFFy, but to be honest that hasn't landed a killer blow to this story.

What I particularly liked was the story being described from Asuka's perspective. At times, I could feel my heart becoming heavy, as if this story was literally tugging at my heartstrings.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Oooo please continue. I do think they moved a little fast but i know youll have some sort of tension/conflict to come to keep the story alive. :D
Guest chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Nice story.

As for whether Asuka and Shinji were in-character, it's hard to say. EoE left it pretty ambiguous, but I think you did a good job.