Reviews for Hummingbird
This story was very intense and it was very beautiful. I loved every second of reading this. You are a very talented writer
AgentAnko chapter 12 . 3/31
Hummingbird was a nail-biter. You see, I was biting off my nails from beginning to end partly due to the irresistible adorableness of Lukas & Mathias' relationship, so I'm squealing there happily like an excited squirrel on crack; but I'm also freaking out and biting my nails thinking, "Shiz, Lukas! Are you gonna make it?!" Yes, nail-biter indeed.

Beautiful story, beautiful characters, beautiful lesson. I feel like, wow, I could one-up Buddha with the level of inspiration I have now achieved. Yeah, life is worth it. We fight and fight and might have to fight more than once to win a battle, but do I think it's worth it? For the ones we love? Yeah.

(Hardly find good DenNor like this anymore, either.)

I loved your story. Favorited Followed! Look forward to hearing more.

-AgentAnko
221bdeductions chapter 12 . 3/11
There were points while reading this where I thought I was going to cry. I didn't dare let myself believe my heart wouldn't be crushed until the very end. I jumped up and screamed, "Lukas Lived!" My poor roommates lol.
Madi chapter 1 . 2/28
I just want to say thank you.

I know you hear alot of that, right? Well, this is a true, honest to god thank you. You don't know how happy this makes me. I have (sorry for the incorrect spelling) arrhythmia and its bad enough to set me off from the other kids because they think I'm weird or that they can catch it. Like Denmark said, I understand where they are coming from.

It just makes me feel happy to know that Im not the only one out there, and that people my age (16) know what its like. It just... It makes me really happy. And though I have always been dreading the day I will get my surgery... This gives me hope.

Thank you.
Love it. Absolutely love it.

I've never been a fan of the "Nor is obsessed with Ice" thing, because he's really not. He's very protective, yes, but not to the extent that he is here. However, I feel like you developed it well enough and put good enough reasons behind it that I can accept it.
I did notice a few minor inconsistencies, such as the ages of Leon's brothers - first they say the oldest is in Lukas's class, but then later it's said that Yao is 21? I dunno, it was a couple little things like that.
The dying-then-a-miracle-treatment-happens-at-the-very-last-second thing seemed like it's a little unrealistic, but hey, if that's an actual thing then cool.

I was full-on crying when he almost-died in Mathias's arms, and personally I would've loved for him to have actually died then. But I'm kind of a tragedy junkie. Given that they had to have a happy ending, I really like the one you chose, and I think it was very well done. Oh, and I liked the little touch you added, of them having bumped into each other in the past. That was cute :)

But yeah. Very well done, exactly like I expected, based on what's on your tumblr. I follow you btw, and I love pretty much everything you write. You're very skilled at causing the feels over my otp. Thank you for making me cry. That may sound weird, but like I said, I'm a tragedy junkie. Even if it's not a full tragedy, making me cry is a very good thing. So thank you.
I hate you so, so much and by that I mean I want to make you waffles as you sit on a fluffy blanket.
God bless you author-san. I am truly touched by this. And geesh did I cry. Absolutely beautiful story and I would give it five stars
Spaceyknight chapter 12 . 2/3
AHAAHAH IM DYING THIS IS WAS BEAUTIFUL

i mean i kind of broke down a few times but, I got convinced my friend to be the Denmark to my DenNor when we go to a con for her birthday because this made me so happy :

God bless you :D
spaceyknight chapter 5 . 2/2
gay runs in the family
Toxice Acidine chapter 12 . 1/27
crYING
THANKS FOR THIS
YOU BEAUTIFUL PERSON
Amazingly written and overall grat plot. One of the best Hetalia fanfics I've read so far.
AemiliaeHistoriam chapter 12 . 1/19
-cries for the happy couple- I'm so happy Lukas lived T_T if he didn't I'd cry.

The whole thing made me laugh and cry T_T It was so beautiful. Actually,I'm probably cracked up more than I got sad. Is that bad? I love Lukas's sense of humor XD

And I loved it that Mathias's cat was named Hamlet :D -huge Shakespeare fan-
AemiliaeHistoriam chapter 4 . 1/19
Oh. My goodness. I cracked up at the line "I'm Lukas Nilsen. I tolerate your uncle." It's just...So him! :D I love this fic :D
Spaceyknight chapter 3 . 1/17
After reading this fan fiction, since my friends and I are going to a con in March, one of my friends read this and now she wants me to take pictures with all the other nordics, especially Denmark. Since I'm cosplaying as Norway, and her OTP is Dennor.

We really love this story!
onebillionstars chapter 12 . 1/13
I wanted to start out and say that you did quite a wonderful job with this piece.

First of all, Denmark and Norway is one of my favorite pairings, so I always appreciate good fanfiction relating to them, and I am personally experienced with the 'sob-inducing' category of fanfiction, which I both love and despise at the same time. The combination of the two already makes it a good contender for great writing material in my view.

Now onto actual content. You develop personalities quite well. We're all familiar with Norway's stubborn attitude, and Denmark's infinitely cheerier one, but you included a lot of little facets of those broad categories, which really helped the characters seem more real and relatable. I oftentimes felt myself identifying with bits of dialogue or segments of thoughts, to be honest. Next is general description. Wonderful job there. My mother has arrhythmias and have spend many-a-night (and early morning) in the hospital, listening to the doctor and my mother discussing symptoms. You were quite spot-on with most of it, and the accuracy was solid. I love the way how you wove the side-story of dear Sweden and Finland into the main plot line, as well as Denmark's childhood experiences. Involving them as a sort of strange family also fit the topics perfectly and adds to the 'little details' that every story needs.

Finally, I just want to say something about your plot. Once again, sad premise, ample opportunity for emotional turmoil, the whole 'opposites attract' cliche and well-developed backstories, among other things, came together quite well under your writing. The plot had good direction, it didn't jump all over the place (like some fics) and it was fast when it needed to be, and never too slow. Just overall, wonderful wonderful job!

I'm sorry this is so long by the way, but I had a lot to say!