Reviews for The Lesson He Forgot
AmunRa chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Great story! I really enjoyed it, especially the battle scene. You wrote it very well.
rivendellelve chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
ooh, I love this story. I can totally see Isshin pissing Shiro-chan of on purpose
Stelra Etnae chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Ooh, you're fast. XD I was looking for fanfiction inspired by the latest oh-so-juicy flashback (which I have to confess I was very late in reading) rather than old speculation and found this.
I like how Isshin is pushing and training Toshiro, as if he is moulding the boy to take over his position if the need arises. And indeed it did. Both of them are great captains, in their own way.
I totally agree with you about his teacher, if any, being Shunsui or Jushiro. It fits, and I can see Isshin and Shunsui being the type that would getting along very well with each other. Yes, I can easily imagine the two of them drinking the night away together, haha.
Nice work!
Phantom-ive chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
I like it! ..and hitsu-playa..awesome;)
Dragon Silhouette chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Interesting ideas you have there. You're very insightful; never thought of it that way :)

Outbreak, the one with Morgan Freeman and the virus? Awesome, love that movie.
dragonick711 chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I really liked this and it totally seems like messing with Toshiro would be how Isshin taught him.
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
Awesome fic! I also thought that the scene where he charged at Aizen was out of character too. I mean, yes he does lose his head sometimes when it comes to people he cares about, but... i don't know, Kubo didn't set him up to be completely ruled by his emotions. I really like your theory here, and how you explore the relationship between Isshin and Toushirou. And I love your theories about Isshin as well!
Yemi Hikari chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I liked this, though I wonder if Isshin really would have sparred in front of his entire division with Toshiro. They would likely have duties to attend to and while a few could have watched while they were off duty, the rest would have been off. "Hundreds" sounds like he's purposefully going out of his way to get on Toshiro's case. That said, with the newest chapter out there should hopefully be an influx of stories about Isshin being Toshiro's former taicho finally.

P.S. You seem to have a problem with the over use of the comma. I don't say this as someone whose strong in the grammar side of things but because I struggled a long time ago with a major misuse of the comma myself which was caused by listening to the advice one of my teachers gave, to insert a comma every time the sentence pauses in your mind. Someone told me to do away with that advice and since you seem to possibly have the same problem I figure I would bring it up as its one of those bad habits one should break. I possibly still have issues with the comma mind you, but its easier to go back and edit my own work now.
Hollywollypolly chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Thanks for writing this story because their are literary no stories about the recent manga chapter that just came out. I loved the dynamic between the three of them.