Reviews for Bloody Murder
This title does not seem suited to the rating.
You are sure this is K?
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I love your voice for the director and the roundabout nature of the explanation here - which all of course matches up with the summary nicely. You've even made Vic serious while keeping some of his voice quirks. "He'd taken more pleasure in her ability to break arms than her ability to break hearts" is a great line, and I wasn't expecting it to end with "for science!" Your little descriptions of Florida feel both more realistic than canon and canon-accurate. Great stuff.
TunelessLyric chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
Yep. I think North could be a Mickey. As for the York/James thing, I had noticed a lot of people seemed to have done that.

Well, I thought that was quite wonderful. It was dark enough and I think Vic sufficiently lightened that up in the end. It was nice to get a look into the Director's mind. And it explains the Sidewinder-Alpha-Church thing pretty well.

Just watch, there was a comma before a dash (,-) - I'm bad at explaining that kind of thing - in one place. Perfect otherwise.

Favourited!
Lili-Hunter chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I quite liked this fic. There were a lot of great lines in here - particularly 'he'd taken more pleasure in her ability to break arms than her ability to break hearts' and 'a perfect siren for the ghosts in the machine'.
I enjoyed the style, the slow rhythm, and the way it skips between past and present - which I feel is extremely symbolic to the Director's mental state at the time, especially as he starts to deteriorate after the Project's failure.
I did have one problem, which was that I found all the new names a little confusing. Mickey is North? Jimmy is the Director? That's kind of what I got from the beginning, and I had to reread it a couple of times for it to make sense in my mind.
Other than that, great job!