Reviews for Every Wand
langeline chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
Oh dear,.. poor Mr Ollivander, maybe another FF because he does eventually marry? :P Your writing does capture his angst and agitation perfectly! :D
GreatKateZonkeyMachine chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Hey! Sorry it took me…one, two, three, four…/eight/ days to notice this. My e-mail decided not to notify me.

I am so glad to see something new from you. As expected, this was very well-written and I found no errors. I loved the concept; you seem to have a knack for developing a tiny offhand element in a book and exploring its deeper, darker implications (i.e. ‘Smile’). This story seriously disturbed me, which is a great compliment. My only criticism is… I don’t know how to put this… I feel like it would have been even more powerful and disturbing and what have you if Ollivander wasn’t consciously /aware/ of how his obsession was consuming him. Does that make sense? Also, Ollivander using the word “eep” grated on me for some reason.

Hehe. “A knut for your thoughts.”

Tangent 1 - You know what? I think you should actually write the play “The Phoenix’s Tamer” for fanfiction (or give me permission to do it). That sounds like it would be amazing. Tangent 2 - Gosh, can you imagine how great the special effects would be in a wizard play? If you’ve read the published ‘Tales of Beedle the Bard’ Dumbledore talks about a Hogwarts school play and it sounds so neat.

I did actually find an error (I think). At the end of Day Eight, the phrase “Cherry, thirteen and a quarter inches” is repeated twice in a row. Or was that intentional? I’m doubting myself now….

I’m more confident about this one. Probably because of your malfunctioning T key, you wrote “he curse of the wandmaker” in the last line.

Speaking of your sister, is Latitudes dead or just on hiatus?
sock-feet-and-stirring-sand chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
Interesting spin on Ollivander. I really liked how he was so excited to sell his work, and that's part of how he remembers every wand and owner. The ending was a little bitter, but I guess he had to end up the way he did somehow.