Reviews for The Dating Game
mythica magic chapter 8 . 3/3
This is actually my first time reading a Yu yu hakusho fanfiction, and I wanted to look at the different pairings people liked (I just finished the show yesterday.) Initially I wasn't really sure about Hiei x Botan but you've executed their characters and growth of their relationship wonderfully! I have a sneaking suspicion I'll end up shipping these two by the end of this XD
DarkSpiritDemon chapter 38 . 2/13
Out of all the Botan x Hiei stories I have read. You have written the best. Thank you so much for such an amazing story. I love how it never was predictable or dull.
That Gorgeous Girl chapter 38 . 1/12
Well, I've made it to the end (yes, already. It was binge-read material, what can I say?) and I really, really enjoyed it. I appreciate your "slow-burn" style of writing and the dialogue was just . . . amazing. It was unique and fit each of the characters SO well. That lets me know you really know and love the characters, and that's part of what makes reading fanfiction so great! When you can just fully immerse yourself in a story and not have to go, wait a minute . . . that doesn't sound like something _ would say. Or, that's so out of character for _ to do. Everything you wrote just seemed natural for the characters to say and do and feel. The lines you wrote for Yusuke really shined haha:) And I love the internal conflicts you created for Botan and Hiei, love how the shoe ended up on the other foot in a plausible way. Also, I really liked the way you handled Botan and Hiei's inevitable consummation of their relationship. Very creative and subtle, I admire that. I tend to take a more . . . direct approach when it comes to that (lol) so I was wondering how you were going to handle that in a, well, satisfying and conclusive but non-descriptive way? I was pleased by your comical approach to it. It was perfect. Truthfully, this story has inspired me to become a better writer; to delve deeper, take my time, and experiment more with my writing style. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this.

Oh, and in reference to my previous review: *per se lol ugh.
That Gorgeous Girl chapter 13 . 1/10
...You've effectively reduced Hiei's canonical main squeeze to a plot device designed to bring Hiei and Botan together hahaha poor Mukuro. And it was very believable, I'm impressed. I am loving this story, the writing is excellent and I'm very glad to have found it. Well I didn't find it per say, it was recommended to me by Firestorm1991. She said this story was "amazing" and of course I had to investigate this claim and she never lied! Brava! Excited to see how this story will continue to unfold and I really like this pairing. Hmm, I do wonder what Hiei will have Botan do to pay him for winning their bet at the baseball game? Great work. This story is of the caliber that makes reading fanfiction sooo satisfying haha:)
Guest chapter 38 . 11/11/2016
Well that was a long ride. I really enjoyed this fic, definitely one of my favorites. I was a little angered that everyone thought that only Hiei hurt Botan when they had the fight but didn't know that Botan also hurt Hiei. Just goes to show how not knowing both sides can really affect someone. But overall it was really cute and entertaining. I'll be checking out your HB AU fic next ;-]
Guest chapter 35 . 11/11/2016
Omg Hiei!
I admire Botan's strength... I wouldn't have been able to last that long T~T
Guest chapter 24 . 11/9/2016
Are u kidding? This chapter was great. I was so tired of seeing them fightvand these light hearted moments realky warm my heart :)
azala23 chapter 38 . 11/5/2016
Oh my god, my last review of your story was well-articulated but all I can say to this one is KGJEHDKECJSDJDJCBF THIS WAS PERFECTION! I laughed, I cried (NOT KIDDING), and I've reread the ending about 3000 times. I would love to see a sequel of sorts from you showing their relationship as it grows together? I don't even know. Your characterization is flawless and this story was just a joy and made my awful week that much better every time I got to sit down and read. You are fantastic!
Guest chapter 11 . 10/27/2016
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Loved that kiss. Probably my fave chap yet :D
Guest chapter 9 . 10/27/2016
Omg hilarious
Loved this chap
Wr chapter 17 . 7/15/2016
I have been reading this on the ff app and I didn't know how to review there so I figured out I should jyst review for overall after I finish the story...

But this chapter made me want to review.

To be honest... even though my sympathy goes to Botan more, I am disappointed that she didn't even let Hiei explain himself.,

In real life, that is what really ruins relationships. More than misunderstandings, it's the failure to listen that really ruins everything.

I had hoped Botan will at least hear him out...

But oh well.
I will keep on reading of course because I fell in love with this fic. I just hope the further chapters would make up for this...and fill in my disappointment.
Team Miriku chapter 2 . 6/29/2016
Your writing is excellent and the dialogue for everyone is very much in character so far. This is my first foray into YYH fanfiction territory and it looks like I picked a stellar fic right out of the gate. :)
Guest chapter 38 . 4/18/2016
Best story ever! Hope to read more from you
Guest chapter 38 . 4/17/2016
Amazing story! I didn't want it to end. Stories like yours is the reason I like this pairing so much!
Rikku-Lin-Minouke chapter 38 . 4/4/2016
Any chance I had this last week I was reading this from start to finish. It was fantastic and i couldn't put it down, to point where I would rather read than sleep! Such a great job with the characters. I think this story really captured Hiei and his change was believable throughout the story. Most times I tend to think his character is changed too fast or unrealistic. But you nailed it! I'd read this over and over again 3