Reviews for The House Edge
Zetta chapter 9 . 22h
Really enjoyed reading this, you did a great job showing the boys interaction, and I love that John wasn't an asshole. :) Loved the blackjack terms and analogies. Great job. :)
J'Tok chapter 9 . 3/13
This story made me cry. Serious, halfway-to-sobbing, bunch-of-kleenex-beside-me, crying. You're an amazing writer! I've never had to take breaks while reading a story before.

Your 'essay' really cleared up some of the references for me. I knew pretty much nothing about blackjack, but I'll definitely be going back to re-read. After a bit. Okay, a while. And restocking on tissues.
Ryla chapter 9 . 2/20
Thank you, for putting into words something I've felt for a long time now, about being well adjusted adults and how families are "supposed" to be "normal". Overall, there was a little too much crying in the story but everything else was so very overwhelmingly well done I would give the story 5 out of 5 stars! Thank you for your hard work in putting a story like this together! I have to go check out the rest of your list now LOL
KilianaFelagund chapter 8 . 1/15
Nice! One of the best fics about their childhood I've read! (and I've read! a lot!) I really liked your twist with the reveal that Dean had been hit, not Sam. The blackjack references were really neat too!
rozy15 chapter 2 . 9/4/2014
Gah! That twist at the end of the chapter! I was so sure she had hit Sam and then I was like "wait minute, Sam IS conscious. What is she talking about?...ohhhh no, no no no no."
Great stuff! :)
Zana Zira chapter 9 . 7/20/2014
Okay, I just read this whole story in one go, and let me just say, bravo.

I usually don't cry when reading fic (H/C is my favorite genre, so I'd die of dehydration if I cried at every one I read.)

But this? As soon as Dean started crying in his hospital room, I lost it. The fics that always make me cry (and the episodes, for that matter) are the ones where Dean finally can't keep up his tough facade and just breaks under everyone else's abuse. I'm a Dean-girl at heart, what can I say? And this really tugs at my "Poor Dean" heartstrings.

I hate that my eyes hurt and my nose is stuffy now, but I love your story too much to really care. Great job!
superatea chapter 8 . 7/5/2014
OMG! it's a long time since I read something so good. I loved this story, it's so heartbreaking, so painful. made me cry and cry and that's why I love you, the end is so sweet. Thank you for this. Sorry my english
twinklingeyes07 chapter 9 . 1/8/2014
awesome..really, really awesome!

loved it, ur hard work definitely shows, especially the references made to the game of cards :)
gwevyan chapter 9 . 10/26/2013
This was a brilliant story, and a really clever way of writing it. Awesome!
aisha43 chapter 9 . 4/12/2013
I really enjoyed this story and I am looking forward to reading what you come up with next. I did like the blackjack metaphor, but since I only minimally understand how to play the game, I am not sure I got everything you were trying to say. Great Job !
judyann chapter 8 . 3/24/2013
Ooh great ending! Loved it.
judyann chapter 7 . 3/24/2013
Sorry behind on stories. Ooh love it!
sundarkeyes chapter 8 . 3/18/2013
U wrote an amazing story with a great plot!
Thank u soooo much for the fic I loved it :)
K Hanna Korossy chapter 7 . 3/16/2013
I love, love how Dean coaxes Sam up onto the bed with him and holds him. At this point that's what Sam needs more than any words. And Sam's brokenness is totally believable if he really thought he'd not only deeply hurt the person he loved the most, but also permanently damaged that most important relationship. I also like John's unexpected understanding and gentleness. I felt comforted by this chapter, too!
BranchSuper chapter 9 . 3/15/2013
Very interesting - it's neat to see the underlying premise to the story: the iceberg beneath the tip. The whole fic was very well written. Keep up the good work!