Reviews for ALS1: New Beginnings
ginabowman2005 chapter 1 . 1/18
Reading again, love your stories.
beapleites chapter 14 . 9/21/2019
As always a lovely chapter.. thank you
beapleites chapter 11 . 9/21/2019
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Both the chapter and your rant are hilarious
beapleites chapter 8 . 9/21/2019
For the first time I'm reading a story where someone is just showing the interaction of characters without a pure evil character
beapleites chapter 6 . 9/21/2019
This story is so damn sweet... I absolutely love it!
beapleites chapter 5 . 9/21/2019
I love them!
beapleites chapter 4 . 9/20/2019
I want that chocolate
beapleites chapter 2 . 9/20/2019
I absolutely love your story!
ginabowman2005 chapter 14 . 8/9/2018
I love this story!
ginabowman2005 chapter 13 . 8/9/2018
Can I just be honest? I didn't like Bloodlines. I didn't like Sydney Sage, seriously. It was like she had a stick stuck up her butt and then when they "fell in love" she got a human doc to diagnose him with "bi-polar" disorder and put him on meds to quench Spirit. He needed a Moroi doc to help him, not a human doc who didn't have a clue.

I only kept reading Bloodlines in hopes that we'd get more Rose/Dimitri and some Lissa/Christian. Of course that didn't happen, not like in the VA books where we knew how their day was going, what they were going through, etc...just glimpses when they dropped by to visit for a bit. I had withdrawals from the VA books and Bloodlines did NOT fill that need. It was a spin-off, I get that and I was glad the story continued but I sure missed our beloved couples.

Then Sydney took him off to MAINE! Where he got to spend his days teaching little kids art classes. What a WASTE! He could have been working with Sonya and finding the vaccine and saving millions of people from being able to be turned. Sydney got to keep her magic and practice it, learn how to control it more, but she didn't like him using Spirit and having darkness, I felt like she could only except him if he was magic free.

With Oksana and Mark's knowledge and how they'd worked together to find that balance we all know it can be done now. With the Spirit user healing the shadow kissed bond-mate when they took the Spirit user's darkness, then the charmed rings and stuff, good grief! Adrian and Lissa and any other Spirit user they find could still use Spirit some and not suffer the crazies. Nor would their bond mate have to live with the darkness.

Anyway, I like your story a lot more than Bloodlines. Good story of how they met and fell in love.
ginabowman2005 chapter 12 . 8/9/2018
I guess this was written without Bloodlines consideration...

In "Adrian's Lost Chapter" he states it's his birthday, that's Aug 3, and he sees Rose and Dimitri around Court, she's healing from her gunshot wounds. Jill comes up and tells him Happy Birthday. She invites him to the "big" dinner where her future will be decided. Adrian decides to come to the dinner.

I believe that's the dinner where she is killed and Adrian brings her back, making her shadow kissed. Then they go off to that school in the dessert, taking Eddie with them. So Eddie is gone and on this secret mission by the middle of August and they don't come back for months and months.

So Eddie isn't at Court until probably the next May/June.

The trip to Russia took place in August, probably right after Adrian's birthday and when Jill and her group left.

Because Lissa and Rose were going off to Lehigh to go to college, college starts in August in America...for the most part. Most students are on campus and moving in anyway. College goes for 16 weeks, a semester, from August to December then January to May. Then Summer sessions are through June and July, 8 weeks.

Anyway, Eddie wouldn't have been at Court at this time. So far you've been spot on, according to the timeline in VA.

It's your story for sure, and it's very very good, but Eddie being there kind of threw me.
ginabowman2005 chapter 11 . 8/9/2018
I think this is the most perfect chapter I've ever read.

Seriously. How Dimitri describes falling in love with Rose is exquisite, perfect, completely deep and honest. I hadn't thought of his feelings for her developing quite like that and I truly do love this chapter.
ginabowman2005 chapter 10 . 8/9/2018
Shopping in Missoula, as in Montana? Near St. Vlad's? Court is in Pennsylvania...?

And I'm surprised Abe and Janine didn't drop in during this visit. Abe seems to have a way of popping up and having "business" to attend to and just drop by.
ginabowman2005 chapter 9 . 8/9/2018
I cried in a few spots in the books too. When Mason died, when Rose was guarding his body, protecting him, then Dimitri came and took her away, that was crying time for about an hour each time.

But when Dimitri was turned I had to stop reading for hours. I'd try to go back and read more but I just couldn't not go back and read that whole section where they went to rescue those taken again. Just to go through it one more time.

When she staked him I cried. I thought, what now? She can't get over this easily!

I read each book online one right after the other. I didn't buy them until later on. I don't think I would do well to have to read and have a cliffhanger like Richelle Mead did and then have to wait months and months for the next book to come out.
ginabowman2005 chapter 8 . 8/9/2018
So glad she got to talk to Sydney. Can't wait until she figures out the rest.