Reviews for Can't Stop Myself Before It's Too Late
Empress Empoleon chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
That was scary. 0-0 I think you characterized the two perfectly. I especially liked how you described Helena's inner emotions about not wanting to go back home. However, as weird as this may sound, I thought the killing was a little he wouldn't just pull out a knife and stab her, would he? There needs to be more build-up.

"I was already dead inside anyway." Wow, that was a really powerful line that kind of blew me away. I was not expecting that. Great job!
Montley chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
You wrote this take on their deaths really beautifully and I loved the quote at the end, it really fit.
It was a beautiful story with beautiful details!
You did a great job and I didn't notice grammar or spelling mistakes!
Excellent work!
Izzyaro chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I really like this one too. There aren't nearly enough Founders fics, something I've been trying to remedy, and this was a very nice look at Helena and the Baron's history. Both of them were very well written; Helena's feelings of inadequacy were well done, and I like how you wrote the Baron's obsession. The last couple of paragraphs were especially powerful. Great job, well done.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
This is a really interesting take on the Baron and Helena's story. The Baron definitely comes off as a little insane here, and I think that definitely fits with what little we see of his personality. I like the way you wrote Helena, as well, and her personality, too, fits smoothly in with canon. The whole fic showcases their story very well, and I really like how you expanded on the canon events to fill in this missing moment. I would like to point out that in the beginning, you used the phrase 'she had stolen the diadem from her mother' twice within a couple paragraphs, and it read a little repetitive to me; I would suggest changing one of them to something a little differently-worded. I really like the last bit, in italics, as well; I don't know if you came up with that or if it was a quote you were supposed to integrate, but either way I think it fits in with the fic very well. Great work!
love from elysium chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
What a wonderful idea for a fic! I've never seen this done before and it's such an interesting "blank" that J.K. left. Usually my favourite fics are those that accomplish filling in the blanks, no matter how small or remote, that Rowling left for us. THis is no exception.

I really enjoyed the way that you wrote the Baron. I think it was a very plausible and entertaining take on what he would be like!

Really well done! And so original!

Elysium xoxo
HaKeD chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
Wow! This piece was really well done! I love how you filled in Helena's story! This is one of my favourite pairings and almost no one writes about it so I'm glad you did!
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
You've written Helena gorgeously here (:
Her feelings and emotions come across brilliantly.

I wish you'd fleshed out the Baron a bit more, he seems to be a bit underwritten.
However, I absolutely /loved/ the last bit in italic. In that one bit, the Baron comes across as this devastated, broken man very very well.
(At least, I think that bit's the Baron's POV. It'll be embarrassing if it isn't :P)

Well done (:
Emme Cocain chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
I loved it! :)
Northumbrian chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This is an interesting take on this tale, but I think that you need to show more of the emotion. Also, there is at least one you're, your error.
While the Baron seems to be underwritten, Helena comes over as very real.
Bad Myrtle chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Oooh, I like the idea of Helena feeling dead inside already. The Baron is just horrible.
Fangirls Are Forever chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
awesome i loved think it is perfect
onecelestialbeing chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
you know im glad you wrote this. when i first learned of their story it did something to me and i never forgot.