Reviews for Days of Summer
Aimii0 chapter 2 . 7/30/2013
The story seems really interesting, I hope you update soon.
Aimii0 chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
A great start.
PulsationOfMusic chapter 2 . 4/20/2013
allieantic chapter 2 . 4/12/2013
This is very sad, yet amazing! I'm looking forward to the next chap!
The Minister of Silly Walks chapter 2 . 4/10/2013
"And how could anyone help her gain enough confidence to solve the very root of all these problems..?"

You could, Keiichi, if you'd just up and confess to her already!

*Ahemhemhem* Anyway this chapter was goddamn sad, wasn't it? Though I get the feeling this is kind of like the darkness before the dawn. Things are awful now but maybe next chapter we'll see some goodness? Goodness and fluff? (For those two things do tend to go hand-in-hand like a couple of best friends.) Really though, good chapter. I say it again, mate, you have improved tremendously since I first started stalking your FF. This section: "She stayed underwater, beneath the rippling surface. Her lungs...without all this.. mess.. dirt.." was particularly good! I mean that's just pulling one example out here to show how far you've come but damn, you've come far since Apprehension!

But yeah, to focus on the actual content of the scenes:

First I'll start by talking about my favorite scene where Shion is crying to Satoshi. Hnnng! The emotions here hit me like a truck full of bricks when I first read it. You have a very good way of making me really, really mad as the fires of hell at a certain character and then, all the sudden, pulling out the proverbial rug from under me and making me pity them like this. I felt so bad for Shion. Previously I was just grumbling "Goddamnit, Shion. You have Satoshi! Why the hell did you think you'd be helping ANYONE by flirting with this other guy that your sister is head-over-heels crazy about, you dumb doppelganger!?" Though this section didn't really redeem what she's any degree (I still think you're a big stupid for all the flirting, Shion)...I can quite clearly see she had the best of intentions and feels like crap for what she did. She was just trying (and failing) to be a stereotypical older sister: a bitch, but a helpful bitch. (Again, she failed at the "helpful" part). It broke my heart to see her clinging to Satoshi like that..the poor thing.

And again you prove how good you are at putting us in the seat of the characters' emotions with Mion's bathing scene. ;W;! She sort of tried to drown! I know I'm being kind of funny about it now but when I read that the first time I once again felt a huge surge of pity. Seriously, I feel like a tennis ball being smacked back and forth across a court with one side being "Pity Mion!" and the other side being "Pity Shion!". I pity them both really, but I switch from wanting to scold one and then wanting to scold the other. But this scene did a really good job of showing just how badly this is effecting Mion. And yeah, I can imagine there are some people who'd say she's overreacting, but this just goes to show you that you never really know just what it's like to be in another person's head...unless you're reading a Cherrylin fic. In which case, you might have a fairly good idea.

And the following scene really made me feel sorry for both of them. Yeah, Shion was getting the harsher treatment of the two for sure, but Mion is really a nice girl. She doesn't seem like the type who would throw words like "Slut" around in a non-playful way unless she was seriously pissed/upset. And here we can tell she is deeply upset by how she treats her sister :/ And of course Shion's getting it awfully rough too...hauu I hate it when the twins fight ;w; But it was inevitable with Shion's constant flirting I think, even within the canon.

That's really all I have to say about this. This chapter was great at putting all this in perspective and believe me when I say it communicated some pretty heavy emotions ; I cannot wait to see what happens in Part III. I mean...when is Keiichi going to come around? Don't give her space, man! Rena's wrong! Don't give her any space at all! Close all the space in between the two of you with a big goddamn hug! At the very least, I hope Keiichi..talks to her about what's going on next chapter. But I know he won't...cuz Rena gives bad advice that isn't conducive to fluff ;_; ...Stupid Rena...But someone's gotta say SOMETHING to her next chapter! I'm sure Rena will talk to her...but really, Rena, is space the best thing for Mion right now when it comes to Keiichi? I'm sure the last thing she wants is to think that her sister's stupid stunt yesterday and her reaction to it has totally killed any chance of him being interested in her. Hell, I could believe she's subconsciously or even consciously hoping Keiichi comes around to offer her some comfort. But I could be wrong xDDD I don't personally know how I'd behave in her shoes. She might be too embarrassed.

Still she should suck it up and accept a hug from her Kei-chan 3

Anyway I'll wrap this up :3 Overall: great chapter. And I think above all else it's seriously made me excited for a Part III 8'3 which I hope to be reading soon!

TTFN - Ta, Ta For Now
Your Minister
allieantic chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
This is very sweet! Update as soon as you can!
Forte De Tu chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
awesome, keep it up!
Michael S. Repton chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Welcome back :)

Great to see a new story from you. I have to echo what the others have said already: your writing is as fluent and technically excellent as always, and you have a really good grasp of the characters. (In fact, this comes at a very good time, since I'm just about to start drafting Part V of RTH, the arc that looks back at the 20 years between Higurashi and the start of RTH, and reading this helps me a lot with getting the characters right.)

The pacing and attention to atmosphere are excellent; I particularly like the description of night falling, and Mion standing by the watermill. These little touches really help to bring the scenes to life :) The quarrel at the end has a great build-up of tension, and I'll certainly be looking forward anxiously to see how it's resolved.

Just one little thing I noticed - "yoke" (a harness for oxen) where it looks like you meant "yolk" (the inside of an egg).

What is this Higurashi Kaku you mention? I'm very curious now...
JSF16 chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
So, this is really really rraaaaaallllyyyy good so far because you are extremely awesome at righting! But I'm still expecting that this is going to end with soneone playing on the ceiling
PrincessRinKagamine chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Awesome chapter, I can't wait to found out what's going to happen next and keep up the good work :)
The Minister of Silly Walks chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
"Hey.. have you ever been in love?"

First of all, this is a lovely way to start things C: just saying. And I'm not just speaking from a fluff-lover standpoint. This was a great attention grabber DDD Also, I'd like to say that this bit of writing right here is a great example of how far you've come in your development as an author. Most of this flows really, really well. I would pull examples from the text but I think I've already mentioned this to you so I'll spare you lest I start repeating myself too much. But anyway, as per usual for my reviews, I'm going to offer my reactions to each of the scenes you gave us here

Okay so I love the conversation you had between Mion and Rena. In most romance fics, we'd get some sappy, naive, silly representation of Keiichi and Mion's relationship and how they both secretly are crazily in love with one another (that's how it seems to work with most shipping fics though, ne?) Anyway, you chose a much more rational path. As much as I don't want to admit it as a die-hard, almost religiously devoted KeiiMii fan (all praise the OTP!) you're right to say that Keiichi probably doesn't feel anything for Mion in terms of romantic interest. Not yet anyway ) But yes, as I was saying, I really enjoyed this mature, realistic representation of the currently one-sided relationship these two share because most of the time people on this site tend to completely miss the mark here.

The next part...I don't have much to say on the next part that I don't already plan on saying when I go over the oh so tense last part of the you can guess most of what I have to say focuses on Shion and how goddamn oblivious she is to her twin sister's emotions w that stupid lettuce-head. However, I do want to say that I think this middle part is, strangely, the most well written part of all in spite of being more slow-paced when compared to the others. To start with, the flow is at its best here. This part read so smoothly and at parts it felt easily superior to the work of many professional authors I've read. Of course, there were some parts that needed work but for the most part it was a very solid piece of writing. More than solid. This has got my favorite part of the whole chapter in it. The part where Mion (unseriously..I think) tries to smother herself with her pillow. That one little paragraph said SO MUCH about what she was going through right then. First of all: obviously she's depressed. Like, really, really depressed. I know she probably isn't actually contemplating suicide, but it's always a sign of serious depression whenever the thought of "I think I'd be happier if I could just sleep forever...if I could just die." passes through one's head. And I think we've all thought that at least once without being suicidal, yet when we've though that in our own lives, we can be sure it was during some seriously nasty time. The depression thing is obvious though, what I really liked was how she seemed to be doing it to be noticed. She wants to see who'd show up to really care about her if she passed out/died. Clearly, she's trying to tell everyone that "Something's wrong...I'm not okay." by doing so. She just wants some "accidental" tragedy to strike so she can have that chance. It would make Keiichi take notice of her so maybe he would start caring for her more and think of her as a potential partner. At the very least though, it would make Shion understand something's very, very wrong at which point Mion could finally tell her that her twin's flirting was bothering her..and who can blame her?

Moving on to he third part on that note: Shion's a real bitch. I'm sorry, she's freaking terrible here. I -think- her reasoning in the anime for flirting with Keiichi was to force her sister into taking a chance and asking Kei out before she felt Shion could steal him away. Here though, it seems like she's flirting with him just to bully her sister. I was actually a bit surprised at myself for how excitedly my brain cheered Mion on for telling her sister to just "fuck off!" 8) Cuz let's face it. Shion deserved it. By the way: "as harmonic as it seemed (or 'chaotic', depending on how you looked at the way the club treated each other)." -I LOVE this description of the club xDDD They're at their most harmonic when they're being chaotic little idiots. Yup. Total paradox. That's our club

I don't have much more to say about this part actually before it starts becoming a lengthy hate-speech against Shion. Needless to say, I'm mad at her. Mad both at what she did to her twin and also at how long it took for her to notice she was being cruel. The one thing I'd like to add is how much I want to see a chapter 2! _ I know for me especially there are certain risks that come up whenever Mion walks off...depressed...and on her own. I just know this is going to get worse before it gets better something's going to happen to mind is totally racing because I know the repertoire of torture you have locked away in your brain for her! So many horrible awful things could happen to her I would speculate on here for you..but I feel like if I did I might spoil some of the things in your other fics so I think I'll have to restrain myself.

Al and all though :3 this story is turning out good so far! Very well written, very little typos (there were a few I managed to catch but I can tell you about those later. I feel weird correcting those in reviews now because I notice if the person I'm reviewing corrects the error I pointed out, I'd look a little stupid pointing out a mistake no one else can see anymore) Your writing continues to improve :3 in both your style and your story-telling ability. And I can't wait to see how that carries over in chapter two 8'3

TTFN - Ta, Ta, For Now
The Minister
The Norveyan chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
M'ladies, m'gents, welcome once-again to the literary Narnia of cherrylin94. I've honest-to-boot never met anyone with the skill and artistic literary prowess to capture characters personality and play them like puppets like she can and does. And here we're off with a new story, a new fun li'l 'venture with her. I've read fluff before because I adore it, and her A-game is her only game in this category because SHE'S DAMN GOOD. The subtle ways the characters act and the non-so-subtle, she utterly and completely captures the spirit of Higurashi and its cast, weaving her spells to bring them together or pull them apart, like a masterful spider weaving webs to catch our stupid fandom-crazed hearts, to drain us dry or leave us suspended, waiting in a state of terror and anticipation.

What will happen next? I don't really know. I really want to know though, and I can not WAIT to know. Because here we have the joy to read a story crafted by a wizard, a mage, a practioner of the literary power. You want to see magic? You're here now. Gather, sit, crowd in for the show. Because me fellows, this gal is magic. Watch the web unfold.