Reviews for These Small Hours
Guest chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Now that is a couple I always love to read about. To me they seem to fit together for so many reasons.
Empress Empoleon chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I normally don't read this pairing, but this was an interesting read. Seeing things from Harry's point of view was refreshing, and gave it an interesting spin, because Harry has hated Snape for his entire life. Speaking of Snape, I thought he was characterized well. I thought that the confession was a bit rushed though. Other than a few SPaG errors, this was well-written. Good job.
Montley chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I have to say that I really do not like this pairing, but you wrote the first section really well with Harry thinking that he must see Snape, etc etc. I liked how Snape was at St. Mungos the whole of the story.
The second section was too rushed in my opinion. With this pairing, it was just an unbelieveable ending, and you should have taken it more slowly to try to make it believeable.
Though, it did flow nicely and I didn't notice any mistakes, grammar wise.
Izzyaro chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
This was interesting. I'm not a particular fan of this pairing, but I think you wrote it quite well. I can definitely see Harry wanting to know more about his parents, and needing to make sense of Snape's behaviour over the years, so that was well done. It did feel a little rushed; I would have liked more detail on when and how Harry's feelings started to change, and there were a few SpaG errors, but other than that, it was pretty good.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
I'll say it up front: I despise this pairing. I can't see it. I will say, however, that I think you presented the Snape-surviving idea well, and I like how you did actually explain it and have him in St. Mungo's, instead of the random 'he's alive with no explanation' fics I often see. I liked the first section more, and I can definitely see Harry feeling like he has to go and talk to Snape about the memories and about other things. Spelling and grammar were reasonably good; I'd just like to point out that 'guy' isn't really used so much in the UK, and 'bloke' is the more accepted term over there.
love from elysium chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
Oh man, this one was a bit tough for me as a die-hard canon shipper. But, aside from the slash aspect, you brought to light a very interesting issue of what if Snape hadn't died. I think you make a good point in suggesting that Harry would see Snape as a lifeline to his parents but I'm not sure he would have gone to the extent of spending every day with him to find out about his parents before he developped his cruch. But then again I have a hard time arguing that a character is out of character when they're in a ship as noncanon as this one because, well, of course Harry's not acting like his true self if he fancies Snape.

You have a very nice quality to your writing which makes for a nice read.

Elysium xoxo
HaKeD chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
I thought this was going to end up being a father figure Snape/Harry story. But it was still very well written. I like that Snape survived.
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
So, regardless of my feelings about this particular pairing, this was well written.
Your Harry was very in character, and exactly as he was in the books.
There were one or two tiny SPaG errors, but they were miniscule enough that I don't remeber where they were at the moment.

The only thing I have to say is that I thought you could have fleshed this out a bit. I wanted to know what happened between the two sections - how Harry's feelings softened towards Snape, how he realises he's in love with him, how Snape presumably reconciles loving Lily and "caring" for her son...

But well done, overall (:
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
I'm pretty sure this is the first Snarry I've ever read and it was... interesting to say the least :P

Firstly, I'd like to point out that you wrote it wonderfully. I don't think I saw any spelling or grammar mistakes, and it flowed really well, so congrats on that. It was a nice setting to put them in, and you provided a nice imagery. I liked that aspect.

I also liked Harry. He was very much in character, which was great. It sounded like the Harry from the books, so well done.

I thought maybe Snape was a little too gentle for his character, but he was pretty good too.

Well done.
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Awww I wish it was longer...going into how they handle forming a relationship, telling Ginny, telling Ron & Hermione. Maybe what's their plan for the future.
FalconLux chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
I like this. Short and sweet. I loved how blunt he was in the beginning. "I really hate you, but thanks. I mean, I seriously hate you, but can I come back tomorrow?" I'm paraphrasing, but it was funny.
eemmaatt33 chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
I'll start off by stating that I don't particularly like the Harry/Snape pairing. I find it very unlikely and more than a bit unusual. For starters Snape is more than twice Harry's age, he treated Harry horribly to the very end, Harry only expressed deep hatred towards Snape for the duration of the books, Snape loved Harry's mother, was enemies with his father and godfather, just to name a few.

Alright now that my mini rant is over, I have to say that I can look past my prejudices against this pairing and that I greatly enjoyed your story. I thought how you introduced Snape back to the story was clever and believable. I also liked how Harry gradually grew to respect Snape, then form a friendship, and then admit his feelings. It wasn't too rushed or too cliche.

I couldn't spot any SpaG errors and it was written superbly. I also enjoyed the brutal honesty of the characters, which I find refreshing, rather than keep feelings hidden or ignore the past history between them. You portrayed Harry's character nicely and wrote his feelings clearly.

If I could suggest anything, it would be to introduce Harry's change of feelings towards Snape with an extra section, this could also explore his new found homosexuality. Because in the final section, it really seems like an excuse he uses to get away from Ginny, and not an actual part of his personality.

Overall it was a great story. The fact that you could get me to enjoy this pairing, shows how great of an author you are. Well done.
Queenmarie124 chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I love it. I just love Snarry fanfics and this one is extreamly well written
digimonfan4ever101 chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
this fic soooo awesome even short, I love it
Guest chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
Mmm...not a bad short story and for it I give you: Five Bronze Stars.

Hope to see more one day soon.

The Crimson Mage.