Reviews for The Town of Sleeping Metal
Independent Dude chapter 1 . 3/20
Haha very good. Maybe Beckett was too genre savvy, like using the term "desert rock" to describe a planet, but overall I thought this was a good story.
superlc529 chapter 11 . 2/5
Yayyyy! Loved the last chapter wrapping up everything. Especially River's little cameo there. I had a feeling with the mention of archaeologists that River was going to turn up sooner or later. ;) :) I really loved the parallel of Felix and Tara to Castle and Beckett.

The Doctor dropping Castle and Beckett off reminded me a lot of when he dropped Amy and Rory off at their new house in 'The God Complex.' I'm assuming that parallel was intended... Great job! Having them go back to the normalcy of their life with Martha making dinner and Alexis dropping off her laundry just made me smile (and their excuse to why they looked like they had been in a fight). Great job, Jayie! I really do applaud you for finishing this story. I'm so glad it wasn't abandoned. Two of my favorite shows together. Fantastic! :D
Mlle. P. Fox chapter 10 . 2/5
So glad you found time to finish this story. And while Kate and Castle were brilliant I felt the Doctor didn't do much. But I don't blame you I blame your lack of motivation for writing Doctor Who. I'm sorry you're not as much as a fan anymore. Hopefully you'll still read my future story when I get around to writing my sequel to your story.
superlc529 chapter 9 . 2/4
I liked this chapter. I thought it had the perfect amount of action and flow. Just like Beckett to be the one to negotiate. Can't find a better suited person for that. ;) I just knew that the net wasn't going to be enough. I smiled along with Castle when the TARDIS materialized in front of them. Thank goodness for Castle texting Beckett. :D

I thought exactly the same thing as Beckett when she saw the sparks. I couldn't help but think of Rose and Sarah Jane pushing a Dalek in 'Journey's End' when Tara and Beckett pushed the Dalek into the wire to electrocute him. Great parallel there. ;) They've defeated the Daleks! Yay! Curious to see how you'll wrap things up... maybe have Espo and Ryan meet the Doctor? Take your time of course and post more whenever you can. :D
superlc529 chapter 8 . 1/26
Really loved the Caskett conversation you had going there. I think that's a conversation (about traveling through time and space) that every companion has with one another... about their life back home on Earth. Surreal to see them talking about it. I have a feeling *Ryan* would be the more jealous one than Espo. :P

I could practically feel the Doctor's relief though at Beckett calling him. You know, so he knew that they were still safe. I hope they're able to capture the Daleks without any more loss of life. Great update. :)
superlc529 chapter 7 . 1/12
Love how you tied in the name of this story with the Daleks and the 'legend' that went along with it. You've got Beckett down for sure. Even after the Doctor knowing her for a little while, he's right in her assessment of the situation and the tone in her voice.

Just like the Doctor to try to stop the Daleks without killing them. The Doctor really has a lot of heart (no pun intended). I could practically see the relief on the Doctor's face at hearing Beckett's voice and knowing that they were all right. Hopefully Castle and Beckett will be united with the Doctor and everyone else again soon. :) Nice update.
superlc529 chapter 6 . 1/6
Quite an escape there. Watching Beckett blow off the casing of the Dalek reminded me of when Jack did the same thing in "The Stolen Earth." :P

Loved Caskett's banter there with Beckett saving Castle from the Daleks' guns. I'm assuming the calls they have to make deal with getting back to the Doctor and the TARDIS. The gun you described kinda makes me think of the trees/tree-like people with Nine in "The End of the World" from the Forest of Cheem. Take your time on finishing the story. It'll come to you. It'll flow naturally. Sometimes the characters take a life on their own. Post more when you can. :)
superlc529 chapter 5 . 1/1
Surprised and happy to see an update on this one. :) To be honest, I had to go back and re-read/skim the previous chapters to remind myself on what happened. So great to see the Doctor with Caskett again.

Loved the Doctor's frustration with humans' stubbornness, or more specifically, Beckett's stubbornness. I'm curious though to as to why the cleaning spray was first sprayed. Was it an accident or was one of Beckett's fellow prisoners trying to clean something? Definitely helped with them coming up with an escape plan. I hope everybody makes it out alive. You're not Moffat, so there's hope there. ;) :P

Happy New Year! Hope to see more from this story soon. Post more whenever you get the chance. As long as it isn't two years again. ;) Just kidding. Post more when you can. :D
Mlle. Phoenix Fox chapter 4 . 2/10/2014
So I read Murder in Manhattan and would love you to update this story even if it's been almost a year since you updated. Few criticisms I have is that you have some grammar errors throughout both pieces. And in MIM, when Beckett arrested the Doctor, I wondered why Beckett didn't notice the Doctor got out of his handcuffs in the car to play with his screwdriver (which he obviously used, duh ) and shake Castle's hand.

But please continue this. You've even inspired me to write my own Castle/dw crossover. Of course I'm not that creative and my idea is just that Castle and Beckett tag along during The Day of the Doctor, and my Eleventh Doctor won't quite be so angst driven. (Since Clara became his companion, I think he's more like he was during the early days of series six, that and I so ship whoffle.) But with your permission, I'd like this to be a companion piece (no pun intended) to your stories. What do you think?

Flames and kisses,

Mlle. P. Fox
sil chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
In Doctor Who over the years there have been many occasions where history has changed, but it's not constantly changing. History in Doctor Who is more solid than that.
It's just occurred to me. There was recently a Castle episode where Castle and Beckett met a man who claimed to be a time traveller. Wouldn't that rule all of this out?
Time-Travelling Llama chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
I can't wait for the next part of this! :D
They got Daleks first time, and slightly insane ones at that! Not that Daleks are ever really sane! So well written! Thank you again! :D
FORD B chapter 4 . 3/23/2013
Good chapter!
superlc529 chapter 4 . 3/23/2013
Nice update! Just so you know, though, I think you meant to edit one section where you have written (squad?) when Beckett was talking. I think you were probably looking for the word 'team' or something to that effect, right? ;) :) Oh and I also think you meant to say 'on our way' instead of 'in our way' when that one character was saying they should just give the Daleks what they want. Plus, I also think you meant 'loft' or 'apartment' instead of 'flat' because if Castle was thinking about it, he wouldn't say 'flat.' Castle's not British after all...

It was late though, so understandable. I just thought you should be aware. ;) :) :P

I really liked this update (as per usual). And I liked how Beckett's managed to make a friend among her fellow hostages. She's right about the Daleks. They're definitely hard to read. Their only real indicator of anything is how they move their eyestalk.

One of my favorite lines in this chapter was: 'They'd only known the Time Lord for a few days, but those had been an extraordinary few days, and dangerous times sometimes create fast friendships' because it's so true. And I loved how Tara basically called Castle a cop in his own right. He most definitely is.

Really loving the fact that the Doctor already sees Castle and Beckett as companions and has them at that level only after knowing them for so little time. Says a lot about the Doctor. Nice update! Post more whenever you get the chance. No rush. I'm sure it'll be another good one. :)
PocketSevens chapter 3 . 3/18/2013
Odd... Daleks are usually self sufficient, taking whatever they need. Why do they need the Doctor to find them a ship? Perhaps they want the Tardis? Or perhaps they want to see if they can control the Doctor? I look forward to the coming chapter.
FORD B chapter 3 . 3/18/2013