Reviews for Soul Searching
hydro-serpent58 chapter 1 . 5/20
Okay I first saw the cover image on tumblr, and that was the first time I realized how alike those two were.

And then I'm scrolling thru and lo and behold, I stumble across the same image again, in the crossover section.

I am VERY pleased with this. Especially with your spin on Hakuba's catch phrase. One of the things many people dislike about the Magic Kaito anime is how they changed his catch phrase to be more like Shinnichi, but by doing that it greatly took away from his characterization in the manga. One of the major differences that Hakuba has compared to the other Gosho boys, is that he cares about motive. And you expanded on that phenomenally. Honestly the anime missed a great chance and contrasting Nakamori to Hakuba since Nakamori's is: "Criminals have no reason!" While Hakuba's is: "How did you come to that?"

Also thank you for mentioning Hakuba's brief attraction to Aoko, a lot of people tend to skip over his fondness of her. I can understand why, but it did happen and let's just say when I read the line: "...laughed like a madman." I was grinning so much. Because maniacal laughter can creep anyone out, especially if it's ARU that's doing the sinister smirks. I can just imagine insane glee reflecting in those red orbs. XD
Yumi Edogawa chapter 1 . 4/1
This was a fun read!
Loner Kid chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
I LOVEEE THIS SOO MUCH! PLZZZZ MAKE A SEQUEL!
They looked soo much!
What do you mean no one's reading it!? I M READING IT! ITS AWESOME! BEST FIC EVER!
Sleeping Jay chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Now that you mention it, they ARE surprisingly similar... And I love seeing Aru gets a new chance, so I'm kind of biased but. Akise!Hakuba is awesome. Crack is awesome. And Akako and Hakuba should become closer friends and leave Kaito wondering wth they're up to.
Shara Raizel chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I have never read Future Diary, but I am a HUGE Hakuba fan and was looking for fan fics with him in it and this one caught my eye. I really liked it too! I loved the ending though, especially Kaito's "I think i broke him" comment. XD this was really fun to read and I think you did a great job considering that I haven't read Future Diary, yet still had no problem following along. :)
Teal96ko chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
You know, I actually like your theory of how the memories-travel-dimension thing work! and I noticed that so far what I like the most is the ending especially when Kaito prank and Hakuba laugh like a madman! Lol!

But I also like this line: "Because sure, no matter what, he would still be Hakuba Saguru. But there was nothing wrong with being Akise Aru too."

Because usually when there's a travel-dimension things the people usually will try to be themselves and not confused themselves to the other person. Of course I like that kind of teory too, but it feel really nice to read that line! XD the fact that Hakuba didn't mind that he is Akise Aru is amazing and a nice change for me. *thumbs up for you!*

Thank you so much for writing this story, I love it, and sorry for my bad grammar! XD
XxVongola JuudaimeHimexX chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
OMG! THIS IS SO AWESOME! _ YOU"RE SO GOOD! :)
Eevee1118 chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
*reads* WHOAAA?! THIS IS SO AWESOOOME! This is the best crossover I've ever read! I can't stop thinking of Hakuba as Akise now! *bows* I shall worship you, author. You should make this a sort of series.
OlivetheOlive chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Hey, I really enjoyed this crossover! I was really into Mirai Nikki around the same time as I was first getting into Detective and Magic Kaito, and Hakuba and Akise are kind of my favorites. It was really cool to see the parallels between them, as well as explore the idea of Akise's memories persisting into a different reality. Cool story.
thatonegreenpencil chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
This is the most brilliant crossover fic I've ever read. Now when I rewatch Mirai Nikki for the hundredth time, I'll see Hakuba as Akise :x

But seriously, this was amazing. I like how you captured the crossing of memories, and how Hakuba remembered his time as Akise. That last little moment with Kaito was nice, and I laughed really hard for a good five minutes when Kaito said, "Crap, I think I broke him,". Maybe you can write more things about this crossover universe? I'd be the first one to review every time. It's really, really interesting.

Thanks for the great read!
Fluehatraya chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
This was an interesting story and I enjoyed it. The ending especially amused me and felt very happily fulfilling. Also, crackpot theories are great; I have tons of them for DC crossovers that this fic has shown that they can work (if written well, like yours).