Reviews for The Old Team
PskullV chapter 36 . 3/25
During so much of this story, I couldn't deny that there were serous problems with physical description, or rather the lack thereof. Also, the dialogue was sometimes a bit unnatural and the pacing cold have been treated a lot better.
But I always kept reading. You know why? Because you go me to the point where I simply couldn't imagine the Doctor and Rose being apart.
TheCurlyGal6218 chapter 29 . 3/14
you just had to didn't ya? never mind that. I am really enjoying this story! I hope rose isn't really dead
pinstripesandconverse chapter 34 . 3/8
HURRAHH ITS OVER AND IT WAS FANTASTIC! I read your whole fic in the space of 36 hours so yup amazing
pinstripesandconverse chapter 29 . 3/8
OH YOU HAD TO GET IT IN DIDNT YOU "ROSE TYLER-" OFC YOU DID ;)
pinstripesandconverse chapter 5 . 3/7
so lemme guess: rose is dreaming of the master right?
pinstripesandconverse chapter 2 . 3/7
blood began trickling from her nose? rose is being sam winchester af now
Smallbell chapter 34 . 2/11
I love this story! I couldn't stop reading once I found it. You did a wonderful job. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks so much for writing.
Crystalzap chapter 34 . 1/25
Awesome story! Love Rose being the 'Heart' it just seems fitting
tigergirl64 chapter 36 . 1/20
Hello! I have been reading your fantastic story all through today, and even though I considered leaving a review at every chapter I figured it would make more sense to leave my opinion of the overall result, rather than nit pick at small things and clog up the review section.

Just to get it out of the way I notice that while you have very few typos, you seem to commonly use except instead of accept.

I felt that Donna was slightly out of character due to the way she talked, but that is probably because I am Australian and aren't used to people using the sort of expressions people in the show commonly do. However she remained funny so good job on that. :)

Sometimes I felt Rose was a little bit too clingy (and/or) dramatic but as shown in Evolution Of The Daleks she generally follows it up with some strong initiative and leadership.

I absolutely LOVE Martha in this, since she just got such a bad run with the Doctor, but you can see her now as she would've been, which is FANTASTIC! However she gets brushed to the side a lot since you follow Rose's POV most of the time, so I suggest for the sequel to let Donna have more interactions with the pair rather than the previously scripted line and then off screen for the chapter. The times when you did do this were very well written and I hope there are more with Donna.

Speaking of scripted lines! Even though some of them are necessary I feel like they were a bit forced in some places, as in since the situations included Rose now, they didn't quite fit?

Finally, the Doctor I believe was extremely well written and his manic personality really showed. When he found Rose after the year-that-never-was and he just froze, I felt quite emotional for him. All of the romantic scenes you wrote between them were also amazing... so basically... Rose and the Doctor forever!

With the plot, I got genuinely anxious at Rose being kidnapped by the Master, and I was honestly thinking you would turn her into Lucy, but then of course Rose would never shoot the Master.

And you killed her! Well that was quite rude. I really wasn't expecting it either. I thought she would just be tortured, but being killed outright was definitely more effective. And even though it was very rude, the conversations with her friends were almost worth it. (I'm a sucker for angst... shame on me.) But then she was alive! And not in the cheap way that I expected either! (You know, time rewinds to just before she was killed)

And your explanation for the headaches and whispers were extremely good, and I love the idea of Rose and the TARDIS bonding.

Basically this story is amazing and tomorrow I shall read the sequel. :D
Succi chapter 34 . 1/12
It was so great revisiting S3 WITH Rose! It was funny, thrilling, sad, yet always entertaining - just how DW should be. I liked how you've managed to wave Rose into the story. Great job!
tenthdoctor10 chapter 6 . 12/22/2014
OMG SHE'S NOT HUMAN! (Fake gasps) I knew it!
tenthdoctor10 chapter 4 . 12/22/2014
Aww, poor Rosie! I wonder why she was feeling so... OH! I GET IT! The TARDIS was sick, so Rose was too! Oh, that's brilliant! This is the first rewrite of season 3 where this happens. Normally, nothing different happens, OR Rose has huon particles in her as well. BRILLIANT!
Pjohoo10 chapter 29 . 12/13/2014
You just had to go there! Love the story
Hediru chapter 26 . 11/18/2014
The Master took Rose with him! Nice twist! :)
Hediru chapter 8 . 11/17/2014
:) Rose is an evil temptress. Lol. Love it!